just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I have to say that Chima warror really doesn't look good IMO - hopefully he's just the no-so-cool one of the bunch. Although the Ninja looks awesome. . . :thumbup:

That cape part could be really useful for a Thor minifig, if it is released in metallic grey. I'm interested in how the cape connects to the part which goes around the neck.

That cape part could be really useful for a Thor minifig, if it is released in metallic grey. I'm interested in how the cape connects to the part which goes around the neck.

I was thinking the same thing! Only part I like about that fig :grin:

The horse has bolted now.....not only Chima, but new Ninijgo costume as well....though that's another story ! :laugh:

Interesting minifig.....I'm interested now in seeing more. :wink:

Tigra?!

Well, I'll leave this one here, seeing as it is a book and has a lot of other features and we always get book covers and info many more months in advance.

As spotted by Nori on the brickset news page, the new minifgure sticker book (Jan 2013) on Amazon has a Chima figure on the front (as well as I think the first look at the new ninjago outfits? but I digress). http://www.brickset....rticle/?ID=4200

http://www.amazon.co...tag=brickset-21

... and so we have now another picture, this time with no mentioning of "confidential" over it.

(technically the other pictures werent marked confidential neither.. They are just legit pictures taken by somebody who had an object in his/her possession. The object might have been confidential or prelim, but the pictures themselves never belonged to TLG..)

However, it makes me chuckle each time I see an attempt of a big company trying to limit the spreading of information across the internet after a breach in their organisation. You can't stop the flood when the dam is breaking..

As far as I know only this Dutch fellow managed to do this.. :sadnew:

On topic; based on this and the former forbidden pictures, I guess this again will be a theme that at first will generated a lot of disbelieve and even hate in the A&TFOL community (though probably some will be converted to believers after a while), not being the historic theme they hoped for. Not the kind of stuff you display on a shelf or china cabinet.

But it will be loved by the kids, the Lego core public, who will play with it. What it is intended for afterall.

Being a father of 6- 10 year old boys I have been there, seen that with Ninjago. Or, as I commented on another Lego related site:

I am pretty sure that somewhere next year I will see in our living room those Chima creatures, backed up by some CM monsters, defend their home planet against an invading Clone trooper army led by Darth Vader riding a dinosaur. Run them over with their cool bikes... and probably win the battle too. Liberating a Friends princess captured by Lord Garmadon on the go. Because that is how kids play. Kids who these sets are ment for. Something AFOLs and TAFOLs sometimes tend to forget..

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images

So if I took a picture of you naked, I could share it as I wanted to because I took the picture and not you? :laugh::wink:

Anyways, I kinda like the supposed Chima fig on that book :wub:

Well I have to say, that lion(?) on the cover looks pretty cool!

Edited by Combee

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned here, on the web (source deliberately not mentioned as it seems more strictly prohibitied this time), you could trace to find a very small picture which shows a box set 70002, which seems to contain a larger vehicle than those in 70113, with (at least) 2 minifigures.

By the way, as a Chinese, I cannot find "Chima" close to any meaningful term in Chinese pronounciation.

So if I took a picture of you naked, I could share it as I wanted to because I took the picture and not you? :laugh::wink:

If you broke into my house in order to take the picture, or even if I invited you to take them, but we agreed that they would stay confidential, no then you couldn't.:angry:

But, in the case I were careless, imprudent or drunk, and started stripping in public, in the street, though having written "this is confidential" across my athletic body, there wouldn't be much I could do against pictures being taken and shared I guess :tongue:

It's a thin line, I know... but lets stick to MOD's request and not discus this in this thread.

I'm guessing Chima is some made-up term then?

This theme does look different to some degree, while covering familiar territory. It will be interesting once we get better photos.

I'm pretty sure it's chee-muh because the set is called Chi Battles, so the "chi" in "Chima" probably refers to the Chinese word for life-force which is usually pronounced "chee".

I'm guessing Chima is some made-up term then?

This theme does look different to some degree, while covering familiar territory. It will be interesting once we get better photos.

As pointed out by another fan previously, "Chi" could mean "life force" which makes it meaningful, but not "Chima". "Ma" can be the Chinese pronounciation of either horse, mother, hemp, or scolding, etc., but none of these words make sense when combining with "Chi".

As pointed out by another fan previously, "Chi" could mean "life force" which makes it meaningful, but not "Chima". "Ma" can be the Chinese pronounciation of either horse, mother, hemp, or scolding, etc., but none of these words make sense when combining with "Chi".

Maybe they have an omnipresent mother that gives them their life force?

Wow that minfigure (Cat Warrior?) looks amazing! :wub: Also the police minifugre looks like Chase McCain from LEGO City: Undercover.

IMO its a lion... And it looks so childish that I'm scared about what we will see in next sets :sadnew:

By the way, as a Chinese, I cannot find "Chima" close to any meaningful term in Chinese pronounciation.

it means energy horse. just see what the minifigs are riding. it makes perfect sense. :laugh:

or as i said earlier, chi = energy or pronounced as CHEE, and ma is pronounced meh, a sound bite for lack of enthusiasm. CHEE-meh. :laugh:

or it could be a sound bite for CHEE-meh-kan, a swear word in cantonese. :laugh:

I am quite happy for anyone to take a photo of me naked.

Also ; I really like that Chima figure, and I am looking forward to seeing the proper vehicles.

Is it just me or do the arms/legs on that sticker book cover look like the longer version (like Woody from Toy Story)?

it means energy horse. just see what the minifigs are riding. it makes perfect sense. :laugh:

or as i said earlier, chi = energy or pronounced as CHEE, and ma is pronounced meh, a sound bite for lack of enthusiasm. CHEE-meh. :laugh:

or it could be a sound bite for CHEE-meh-kan, a swear word in cantonese. :laugh:

Chima might also be short for Chimaera, a mythical animal creature with 3 heads. I like the energy horse theory better, but just an idea.

Is it just me or do the arms/legs on that sticker book cover look like the longer version (like Woody from Toy Story)?

I think it's just you. They look quite normal-sized to me.

I am quite happy for anyone to take a photo of me naked.

Oh really? I didn't enjoy them so much xDD

Sorry I must have said that xD

Anyway, I don't understand what's the connection between animals and motorbikes? And energy souls...

Approximately the same connection as between ninja's, skeletons, snake people and tornadoes. I honestly doubt that LEGO has such a profound name for it. I believe it's just based on the country of China. Although what that has to do with tigers I have no idea.