CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Well, that sucks. What I don't understand is that they put the Superman figure (originally a Comic-Con exclusive) into the Superman Vs Power Armor Lex set, so why can't they release the Comic-Con Batman, too? It's much more accurate color-wise, since it's black.

Well I think LEGO thinks that the grey and black looks more dynamic and will sell better than ALL Black Batman. :hmpf_bad: They seem to care about doing what they want more than staying true to source. But then again this is based on the Nolan Trilogy...so...go figure...:grin:

Well I think LEGO thinks that the grey and black looks more dynamic and will sell better than ALL Black Batman. :hmpf_bad: They seem to care about doing what they want more than staying true to source. But then again this is based on the Nolan Trilogy...so...go figure...:grin:

It could also have something to do with that they already have a black-suited Batman figure, and they figure kids will want a new Batman costume to be in a new color. Also, it could be possible that the press images or concept images they were provided for designing the TDKR set were in misleading lighting... I believe that has happened before.

It could also have something to do with that they already have a black-suited Batman figure, and they figure kids will want a new Batman costume to be in a new color. Also, it could be possible that the press images or concept images they were provided for designing the TDKR set were in misleading lighting... I believe that has happened before.

Yes but the ALL black figure is based off the comics. Plus they already made a similar grey movie suit in 2008. Also, TDKR Batsuit is clearly black. Bottom line, LEGO screwed it up.

Yes but the ALL black figure is based off the comics. Plus they already made a similar grey movie suit in 2008. Also, TDKR Batsuit is clearly black. Bottom line, LEGO screwed it up.

Also TDK trilogy Batman has eyes not white lights (Apart from the end of TDK)

But out of all the avaliable Batman figs (both old and new), there is a total of 2 Black (not counting the exclusive fig), 3 Light Gray, and 1 Dark Blu-Gray (which should have been black in the first place).

To much gray going on here and not enough black. :P

-Omi

Yeah, but 2008 one isn't avaible anymore and black one would be to similliar to the comic one so I think the gray Batman is good enough.

Also after watching the movie I think that the TDKR set might be either Bat vs. camo Tumbler priced as this year Batwing Battle or Bane sewer lair (the only place when all three characters appeared (however not at the same time) priced as Dock Ock Ambush.

O jeez! He's like twice the size of him! They should've given him a new mold. All well. I wonder what he'd look like with longer legs like woody's?

Edited by Luna Lovegood

I don't really understand where LEGO got the new Ultimate Spider-man design from but it's incredibly wrong. In the show he wears a darker blue and the red is a lot more prominent than it is on the fig.

I still like Venom the way he is. Though I do like Hulk as a large figure, it's more because I don't feel like a normal minifigure captures his posture (though I do love the promo Hulk :wub:). Venom on the other hand doesn't need a mold, in my opinion at least. :sceptic:

Edited by Superficial Username

Also, it could be possible that the press images or concept images they were provided for designing the TDKR set were in misleading lighting... I believe that has happened before.

Hopefully, that's the case. If it does turn out to be grey though, at least they can put a Catwoman in the set to make up for the mistake. :classic:

Edited by nex

I still like Venom the way he is. Though I do like Hulk as a large figure, it's more because I don't feel like a normal minifigure captures his posture (though I do love the promo Hulk :wub:). Venom on the other hand doesn't need a mold, in my opinion at least. :sceptic:

I think you are absolutely correct. Venom is like Bane - he could be big, but he doesn't need to be. Let's keep LEGO LEGO, and not turn it into imposable action figures.

After much consideration I think the chances of a TDKR set happening are unlikely. Think about it: LEGO have already confirmed that they will not be producing a TDKR set on IGN. This, and given that Batman's suit is grey and Gordon's in a SWAT uniform, leads me to believe that we're getting a set loosely based off TDKR instead of one directly based, much like 7888 was loosely based off TDK.

I believe that DC/Warner Brothers are actually the ones with the final say regarding figure designs and colors in these sets. Lego makes the figs using the design and color patterns that DC provides. They cannot simply do what they want.

I believe that DC/Warner Brothers are actually the ones with the final say regarding figure designs and colors in these sets. Lego makes the figs using the design and color patterns that DC provides. They cannot simply do what they want.

I would have thought that Lego design several versions of each character and then show them to DC or Marvel to see which ones they like. There must be a bit of negotiation between the two companies.

After much consideration I think the chances of a TDKR set happening are unlikely. Think about it: LEGO have already confirmed that they will not be producing a TDKR set on IGN. This, and given that Batman's suit is grey and Gordon's in a SWAT uniform, leads me to believe that we're getting a set loosely based off TDKR instead of one directly based, much like 7888 was loosely based off TDK.

TLG has already confirmed it will be loosely based off TDKR. This also means TLG will have more room to change stuff that isn't necessarily true to the movie. Hopefully, they will choose a scene that has the tumbler and BAT in it and give us at least one of the vehicles. Then since it loosely based off of the film, Bane won't need to correlate with the correct outfit.

I would have thought that Lego design several versions of each character and then show them to DC or Marvel to see which ones they like. There must be a bit of negotiation between the two companies.

That might depend on the figure. DC has stated that the Flash they want, is the one that was designed for the Lego Batman 2 game. Lego had other intentions, but if DC doesn't approve, it's not being made.

That might depend on the figure. DC has stated that the Flash they want, is the one that was designed for the Lego Batman 2 game. Lego had other intentions, but if DC doesn't approve, it's not being made.

Is this something that has been confirmed? If so, where? Or is this just a made-up example you're giving?

I too would think that Lego makes different concept designs and submits them to their license givers for approval. I don't think DC/Marvel tells them how to do their job from the beginning.

Is this something that has been confirmed? If so, where? Or is this just a made-up example you're giving?

I too would think that Lego makes different concept designs and submits them to their license givers for approval. I don't think DC/Marvel tells them how to do their job from the beginning.

I spoke to a DC rep and that's a specific example. :)

So there is no chance for a Scarlet Speedster with a printed head instead of that goofy helmet? :cry_sad: Well, let'e hope the real life counterpart will at least have a less large looking helmet. But if Iron Man is any indication, I don't have much hope. :sadnew:

Did the rep say when the fig would be released?

I hope that's true.. the videogame version is a beauty! :wub_drool:

Also did anyone else notice that one of Bane's hands was black and the other flesh?

I hope that's true.. the videogame version is a beauty! :wub_drool:

Also did anyone else notice that one of Bane's hands was black and the other flesh?

Yes he has a gauntlet on his right hand like in the movie. I have a gut feeling we will see the lego batman 2 figures from the game in future sets, it would be awesome to see gorilla grud, black adam, captain cold, and the whole lot of the dc cast, I can't wait for a Hall of Doom and Justice League set!!!

Yes he has a gauntlet on his right hand like in the movie. I have a gut feeling we will see the lego batman 2 figures from the game in future sets, it would be awesome to see gorilla grud, black adam, captain cold, and the whole lot of the dc cast, I can't wait for a Hall of Doom and Justice League set!!!

We'll almost certainly be getting a wave of Justice League sets based off the film when it comes out in 2015 - LEGO have the contract to the DC films and the license isn't due to expire until 2017, by which time I'm sure they'll renew it anyway. :classic:

So there is no chance for a Scarlet Speedster with a printed head instead of that goofy helmet? :cry_sad: Well, let'e hope the real life counterpart will at least have a less large looking helmet. But if Iron Man is any indication, I don't have much hope. :sadnew:

I have to agree with you there. :hmpf_bad:

I have a gut feeling we will see the lego batman 2 figures from the game in future sets, it would be awesome to see gorilla grud, black adam, captain cold, and the whole lot of the dc cast, I can't wait for a Hall of Doom and Justice League set!!!

I have to disagree with you there. Though I do love most of the video game designs (Flash is really the only one I don't) I don't think that we will see them in that style. Something similar, maybe, but the fact that most of the characters have boots make me think that TT designed them, not LEGO. Sure, Wonder Woman has boots, but she kind of needs them wheras they would just be a nice extra detail on others, but expensive I'm sure. :sceptic:

Plus, everyone would complain about Chinese made legs, again. :sadnew:

The reason for designing him like that is almost certainly so they can include his famous lightning bolts. Remember, LEGO can't print on the sides of the head, only for the face printing and, where it applies, printing of the back of the head. It's just the way their printing machines work. :sceptic: