Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur: Day One

Don't try to slip under the radar by siding against Robbins, Wright. You are very suspicious yourself, but not to Robbins' degree...yet. I don't particularly fancy the way you're jumping on him now, but I do think I understand it. Nevertheless, if we lynch him and he turns up town, you're moving more than a few notches up my scumlist.

...oh, wait a minute, you're in second place already. :look:

I still guess don't get my hopes up?

Would none of you do the same? It's a self-defense mechanism, shift proposed blame away.

You might try, I don't know, actually defending yourself, instead of avoiding accusations and trying to distract your accusers.

Though I'm not sure that there's anything you can do at this point to convince us not to lynch you. :sceptic:

Don't try to slip under the radar by siding against Robbins, Wright. You are very suspicious yourself, but not to Robbins' degree...yet. I don't particularly fancy the way you're jumping on him now, but I do think I understand it. Nevertheless, if we lynch him and he turns up town, you're moving more than a few notches up my scumlist.

...oh, wait a minute, you're in second place already. :look:

I assure you that I am simply reacting to the revelation you just brought to the table. Despite the fact that my good-natured intentions have placed me in prime position to be lynched I myself am also just as keen to nail whoever killed our good Captain, although as I have stated I wish to be as cautious as possible so we don't regret anything. That said, my confidence in my suspicions of Robbins is growing.

There's not much more to a defense in this case than saying "I'm on your side, I'm with the Town." Then it just seems like a desperate scum trying to stay alive.

The erratic behavior is unintentional. Though sometimes I'm vocal and don't make sense, I'm just taking shots in the dark. we're all blind here, some light being shined, but that flashlight is aiming in the wrong direction. Do I know for sure who we should vote for? No, but I know it's definitely not me. Look at Wright, but that may be me just trying to get blame off of me and onto another person, blame that I did nothing (except propose conspiracy theories) to earn.

Just know, if you all lynch me, I'll take it. Will I be happy? Of course not, but then you'll see how wrong you are.

Just know, if you all lynch me, I'll take it. Will I be happy? Of course not, but then you'll see how wrong you are.

The "If you lynch me, you'll pay" post is a Scum-tell. Resigning yourself to being lynched is also a Scum-tell.

The "If you lynch me, you'll pay" post is a Scum-tell. Resigning yourself to being lynched is also a Scum-tell.

For most, maybe. For me, I may be a janitor, but I can tell when people are set in their convictions.

Resigning yourself to being lynched is also a Scum-tell.

That's not exactly true, but it shows you've pretty much given up, so you're not much help anyway. :sceptic:

Given up in defending myself. If miraculously I survive, I'll defend myself. I do think that blame shifting to me is a benefit for the people we are trying to get, not the innocents. Trust me, I'm the scapegoat here.

I beleive that is called a "Chainsaw defense", as Brickdoctor pointed out. It's noted as a scumtell, but only 100% certiant when one of the targets turns out to be scum. :sceptic:

What do you mean? It's actually OMGUS (not chainsaw), which is a scumtell, but what do you mean by "when one of the targets turns out scum"? Of course, we're only sure of allegiances when someone's dead. But that has nothing to do with scumtells like Chainsaw and OMGUS.

Well this is a problem for me. Is it bad that I jump on a person who is also accused while I am too? Would none of you do the same? It's a self-defense mechanism, shift proposed blame away. I'm no scum, I swear. My behavior's erratic, but it's true. I realize that I probably won't change anybody's opinions, but I'm telling you the truth.

It's not the townie thing to do. If you're town, you accuse people because you think they're scum, not because they attack you or because they are under attack. That's what scum do, trying to save themselves. Town try to catch scum, not to survive.

Given up in defending myself. If miraculously I survive, I'll defend myself.

That's a scumtell. What's the point of defending yourself if we let you live? :laugh:

Well, strictly speaking you won't have much choice but to take it, as you'll be lynched (:laugh:)

For most, maybe. For me, I may be a janitor, but I can tell when people are set in their convictions.

That's a scumtell. It's far too early to give up for a townie. Voting's not even open yet. I doubt people are set in their convictions, since it's far too early and votes have been turned over on Day 1 mor ethan once. So either you're appealing to emotion, or you actually believe you're dead. Both is highly anti-town.

What do you mean? It's actually OMGUS (not chainsaw), which is a scumtell, but what do you mean by "when one of the targets turns out scum"? Of course, we're only sure of allegiances when someone's dead. But that has nothing to do with scumtells like Chainsaw and OMGUS.

The idea behind that.

Yes, but as you can read in this very article you linked, what Robbins did was not a Chainsaw Defense, and I was wrong, it wasn't even OMGUS, it was simply trying to shift suspicion on someone else.

Yes, but as you can read in this very article you linked, what Robbins did was not a Chainsaw Defense, and I was wrong, it wasn't even OMGUS, it was simply trying to shift suspicion on someone else.

That actually started with me; I called it something like a form of Chainsaw Defense. :blush:

I disagree. As my hero Master Obi-Wan in the recent film: Jedi Temple Mafia, said: resigning yourself to being lynched is more often than not a town-tell rather than a scum-tell. I won't bother posting the reasons again, because at this point it doesn't really matter. Robbins has done enough to appear suspicious for me to dismiss this ideology for the moment.

That's a scumtell. It's far too early to give up for a townie. Voting's not even open yet. I doubt people are set in their convictions, since it's far too early and votes have been turned over on Day 1 mor ethan once. So either you're appealing to emotion, or you actually believe you're dead. Both is highly anti-town.

You using "that's a scumtell" so often it looks like a scumtell itself. Looks like you're trying to use everything Robbin says against him.

Not that you're wrong, though, Robbins does raise a number of flags

I'm remembering a bit of my sophmore security class here, where they talked about how a bad guy is always having to refer to himself as on the good guy's team. If you're a Loyalist, there's no reason for you to refer to yourself as one, outside of being asked the direct question as to where your allegiance lays. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a Purist has to watch their words very carefully to make sure they sound like a Loyalist, a true Loyalist has no need to censor their speech they automatically associate themselves with the Loyalists group and can therefor use words like us, we, etc. because they have no reason to assume that someone would believe they are referring to the Purists. A Purist on the otherhand, unless they are very keen on this sociological inateness of how we refer to ourselves, is more than likely to clarify which group they belong to in a social setting where most of us already assume that when you say words such as, us, we, etc. you are refering to the Loyalist group. Basically, a townie doesn't need to refer to themselves as a townie. It's a symantics issue, but I guess to get to the point, I'm calling out my dear junior engineer on his wording.

I don't know much about the security department aside from the fact that you absolutely refuse to let me outfit you with cybernetic enhancements :poke: or their training, but I don't see how calling myself a loyalist is a scumtell. Granted, your line of thought does make a certain degree of sense, but in this case it fails; I was subtly reaching out to any potential Neutral parties, encouraging them to side with us instead of the Scum--using the word Loyalist to emphasize my point. :wink:

I'll also point out tha me accent can be a bi' o'erwhelmin', and can make me sound a wee bi' off from normal. Since someone has privately asked me ta stop tha ethnocentrist, I've reprogrammed my Universal Translator to filter it out in all future speech. :wink:

Except of course that our junior engineer Zachary is eager to help coordinating the night actions, that's a very generous offer! Let's hope you can prove yourself trustworthy first. :sceptic:

I've done well in that regard in the past, if you'll recall, and that holodeck program has left me even more paranoid about who I trust with that information. It may just be my opinion, but I feel I am the best crewmember for the role. :wink:

What I'm saying is that look at who is defending me, as others have said. My suggestion is that they could be the scum we're looking for. If they try to put an overly defensive stance on me, they can shift blame to a lynch on me. (although that could make them look like scum when everyone seems I'm innocent) My lynching would give them at least a night to go with and take down people that voted for me, possibly a person with an ability. Then, when everyone scrambles to look at who defended me, they can come across as the noble, good people that they are not. Thus, causing mass confusion and panic, and nobody who knows how to operate the Power-Ray Washer 6000.1.

That is...FAR too unreasonably complex. The worst part of a Townie getting lynched is that a megablockin' townie is lynched, not that the Scum can use WIFOM to confuse the issue after the fact. They're Scum; of COURSE they're going to use WIFOM. The fact that you've thought through this so thoroughly is highly scummy in my book. :sceptic:

Other folks have already explained the scumminess of the rest of your behavior, so I won't clutter things up by repeating their arguments, though I will echo Ensign Holloway:

Yeah, this "noobish" thing has me confused as well. And well, glad to know I have one enemy. For you sir, I still have not seen true evidence that points to you being scum, just conjecture as well. Be happy to know that when voting comes, right now you don't have my vote. I'm leaning more towards Wright, listening to what everyone is saying, but even then I'm not sure.

Are you freaking serious? :facepalm:

Indeed. :hmpf_bad:

With all due respect, I disagree. Pretty much all of Robbins' statements have been pretty scummy, that have been brushed off by several as "Noobish", whatever that means, but there have been others that have brought it up. The Janitor thing seems kinda pointless, although his reaction was (in my eyes) pretty scummy. If you read back to what exactly he has said, I am sure you see what I mean? The only posts that does not immediatly rings all my bells was his last one, but at the same time, it's conjecture.

If there be a split between lynching Robbins or Wright, I know I will vote for Robbins.

I'm pretty certain either of them would be a good lynch; they're clearly Scum buddies. Vigilante, take note: whichever of these two survives the Day lynch, kill the other one tonight, please! :sweet:

Well this is a problem for me. Not meaning to sound rude, but I do think people have convictions. I'm not even sure how to prove my innocence this early. :sceptic:

Well this is a problem for me. Not meaning to sound rude, but I do think people have convictions. I'm not even sure how to prove my innocence this early. :sceptic:

Here's a hint: not by giving up. :hmpf:

I hope you don't plan to act so despaired for the rest of the day. It's less likely to help your case.

Here's a hint: not by giving up. :hmpf:

Aside from that, I mean. There's not much more I can do then say "I'm innocent."

4 pages in about 4 hours! My god you people are like talk-machines! :tongue:

I went and did the rounds again, so here are my current thoughts, keep in mind, I may quote some old posts (made, you know, 3 hours ago. :tongue: )

It seems to me that all this speculation is getting to people's heads. I strongly suggest we focus on the facts as they are presented to us for the moment. If we all keep calm and pool our knowledge we may get somewhere, as opposed to pointing fingers in people's faces.

I don't know how many times it's been said, or needs to be said, but unless the format of the game is really strange, and we have somesort of mid-day detective, There are no facts on day 1. Period. :hmpf:

And, second of all, pointing our fingers at the faces of others is our only weapon at this point! We can only guage someone's reaction to being suspected, by making it known that we suspect them! Telling us to stop pointing our fingers at others is like telling us to stop trying to find the scum.

Well, I feel loved now. I'm a little confused on where people are "Defending" me... I feel more hate than protection. and if they are defending me, could it be said that these people are scum, trying to point blame on me? Now, that could expose them, or they could lie and say my babbling made sense. Just ideas, but I'm starting to get worried. Something tells me either way, by vote or murder in the night, there is a huge target being painted on my back, and I don't feel very cheery about that. :cry_sad:

I find this post pretty scummy. :sceptic: Also, I don't think a Townie would have any real reason to fear a night kill (unless that townie has made him or herself particularly useful, which you have not.)

I have to agree with that. Once more, please, Robbins?

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but this looks allot like you're buddying up to Scubba. :look:

I failed my essay course during training. And I don't think appealing to emotion is necessarily a scum tactic. Look at our Admiral. he clearly was appealing to emotions when he informed us of what was going on ("Alright you scummy scummers straight from scummy town."). He used facts ("I've given a few of you special abilities to help you out."), but used them to help his point be gotten across. So even our Admiral is not alone in appeals.

A. I'm pretty sure it is. When appealing to logic is not an option, because you have no benificial logical answer for your actions, you only can appeal to emotions. And B. He's an NPC. He's the only one who has any facts.

Yeah, this "noobish" thing has me confused as well. And well, glad to know I have one enemy. For you sir, I still have not seen true evidence that points to you being scum, just conjecture as well. Be happy to know that when voting comes, right now you don't have my vote. I'm leaning more towards Wright, listening to what everyone is saying, but even then I'm not sure.

Well, if your behavior (ie: Giving up before anyone has even voted) is not due to inexperience, then due to scummyness is really the only alternative (either that or you want to die.) :sceptic:

Yes it was. How clever of you to notice :sweet: And you weren't the only one, it seems that Robbins here took my request seriously! (this is a moment where I wish I had Hinck's raised eyebrow emoticon)

And Lt. Wright, I think we'd all appreciate it if you'd try to use more facial expressions to help us understand what your true intentions are - we wouldn't be wanting to vote you out, and then make me do all the laundry now would we? :laugh:

I don't remember who pointed it out, but you really only show up and make inane comments that don't really help us get any farther in achieving our goals. It looks like your just trying to make yourself look helpful.

As to my claim about there being a vig, this is what made me feel that there may be one:

Oh, my bad, I didn't know you were refering to that. Well, it's not unusual for us to have a night kill too (Masked Builder :poke: ) You still gave it a bit too much attention than it deserved.

Perhaps I didn't explain it fully. I was in a rush to perform my nursing duties, so excuse me.

What I meant was that if I were scum, why would I be pushing for everybody to calm down and stick to what we know, when it would be best if everybody else kept on throwing around accusations and pointing the finger at other people, thus drawing the attention away?

It would make plenty of sense if we were fingering the right person for the scum to want us all to slow down and look the other way. :smug:

Ah, that makes more sense. While it does seem unlikely that a scum would encourage the Town to slow down and think rationally, that could still be used to their advantage by keeping the spotlight off of them, and keepng them from being lynched the first day.

Refer to the above.

Given up in defending myself. If miraculously I survive, I'll defend myself. I do think that blame shifting to me is a benefit for the people we are trying to get, not the innocents. Trust me, I'm the scapegoat here.

You should defend yourself now. Why wait? :wacko:

You should defend yourself now. Why wait? :wacko:

Because he's dug himself into such a deep hole that some of us (or at least I) don't see much way for him to argue himself out of this one.