Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Yakuza Family - Day 7

Emi, do not forget that this is not a personal feud. At this stage there are people who have for one reason or another been "cleared" and obviously, despite your efforts to do things the (seemingly) "Townie" way and do your talking in public, for the time being it looks as though there is no direct confirmation on whether you are a Townie or not. What I'm trying to say is that pretty much all of the people who are being voted against today would need to come up with tangible proof of their efforts, so you shouldn't be angry at Norio for trying to push you as he is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just saying this in order to jump on the bandwagon. Obviously, Norio and I have had our differences and we may not have seen eye to eye. He has, however, proven his credentials and helped this Family a great deal. So far, for the last few days, pretty much the only thing you've done is fuel a personal agenda against Lizzy. Obviously, at this point in time there is no way of telling whether that "proves" your allegiance in any way, so once again - instead of being angry and turning this into a war of words with Norio, I'd suggest you try and convince us all that you're a valuable and loyal member of the Family.

I realized that I haven't been confirmed, (or at least as confirmed as someone could possible be in a situation like this with Godfathers, Framers, variants of Cops, and the like) and that that's a point against me. There's really nothing I can do about that, and I understand that. There is proof of my efforts, in the form of a Day 1 lynch of a suspect I accused first who turned out to be Scum. Unfortunately, as has been pointed out, with two Scum factions, that means pretty much nothing. As for Lizzy, my campaigning for her lynch isn't anything personal. I'm doing it because I think she's Scum. (as if there should be any other reason for a Townie to try to get someone else lynched) I've already said why I find her suspicious, she's done nothing to make herself seem any less suspicious in my eyes, and she's still alive, therefore, I have continued to push for her lynch.

Vote: Shiro /Alopex

I've been suspicious of you since Day Two, and you haven't even made an appearance here today.

The lack of night-information certainly seemed to slow to day down, that's for sure. I think we've been spoiled by Norio and his regular reports :tongue: . I haven't been very suspicious of Emi this week, but perhaps I've been blinded a bit by the fact that she shares my concerns regarding that lizard of hers. That said, I still haven't seen any good reason to keep Lizzy around, just as I haven't for the last few days (though, who will I carry out a crusade against once you're gone?). One way or another, it would bring me great peace of mind to finally see a close to the reptile's case.

Vote: Lizzy(Capt. Redblade)

I'm so torn, between Emi's utter lack of interest in defending herself, and Lizzy's clear lack of hypothesizing skills.... But, frankly, I'm far too unimpressed with Emi's definition of "town action."

I'd be more than happy to help to get either of them lynched.

I realized that I haven't been confirmed, (or at least as confirmed as someone could possible be in a situation like this with Godfathers, Framers, variants of Cops, and the like) and that that's a point against me. There's really nothing I can do about that, and I understand that. There is proof of my efforts, in the form of a Day 1 lynch of a suspect I accused first who turned out to be Scum. Unfortunately, as has been pointed out, with two Scum factions, that means pretty much nothing.

I'm afraid that - indeed - an investigation of you won't bring us much further. You talk a lot, so you aren't afraid to draw attention to yourself and subject yourself to investigation. You would probably be in contact with Norio now if you were one of us with a night action. So, I'm inclined to think that either you're a vanilla townie or the Godfather of one of the scum teams.

Let's look back at what you said on Day 3 immediately after Minoru and Isam were revealed to be Special Agents:

Ugh. Lost two Townies in one Night. :hmpf_bad: Good to know that Isamu and Minoru weren't Townies, but, at the same time, they weren't Scum, either. :sceptic:

We don't know that, yet. For now, I'm assuming that the Special Agents are neutral/Independent, but for all we know, they might actually have been told they were Renegades and could choose sides.

I think it's safe to assume that the Secret Agents present a threat to us, but I would consider the Mutineers of higher priority.

This stood out to me. You are suggesting the Special Agents act on their own (even though two of them were killed that night) and can choose sides. It looks as if you were trying to steer attention away from the Agents. Coupled with your behaviour during the days, this makes it quite possible you are the Agents' Godfather and - hopefully - the last Agent we need to get rid off. And since there really isn't any other way to verify this, but to lynch you, I will:

Vote: Emi (Brickdoctor)

I think we should try to get Emi or Lizzy lynched today. I will only switch my vote to Lizzy if we can't get Emi lynched for some reason. However, I believe it's likely Emi is the Agents' Godfather and lynching her is the only way to be sure of her alignment.

This stood out to me. You are suggesting the Special Agents act on their own (even though two of them were killed that night) and can choose sides. It looks as if you were trying to steer attention away from the Agents. Coupled with your behaviour during days, this makes it quite possible you are the Agents' Godfather and - hopefully - the last Agent we need to get rid off.

I never suggested that they could choose sides. I used that as an example of how much we didn't know about the Agents at that time, because I assumed that it was so ridiculous that no one would think I was seriously considering that a possibility. At that time, I believed them to be Independent. It certainly wouldn't be the first situation with more than one Independent participant, and it's not as if the known Town and Scum teams at that time didn't have names other than 'Town' and 'Scum'.

I find it cute how Lizzy has repeatedly watched the conversations today, and avoided jumping in. Hoping Emi gets convicted instead.

Lizzy, if not today, then tomorrow. Silence is simply a nail in the coffin. Ask Yasu or Kenta, who avoided the end of their time here, and it didn't save their scum-butts.

While you folks watch the temple, I'm going out for some kaiseki! :moar: What use is there living in Japan if you can't enjoy the divine cuisine?

Lizzy (Capt. Redblade): 3 Votes

Brickdoctor, Rumble Strike, Swils

Daisuke (K-nut): 1 Vote

MetroiD

Noriko (Eskallon): 1 Vote

Professor Flitwick

Shiro (Alopex): 2 Votes

Capt. Redblade, Bob

Emi (Brickdoctor): 2 Votes

Def, Rick

I used that as an example of how much we didn't know about the Agents at that time, because I assumed that it was so ridiculous that no one would think I was seriously considering that a possibility.

Oh, is this one of the examples of you acting town? Helping us?

I think most of us concluded we uncovered a hidden scum faction that night, yet many of your comments seemed to downplay the 'threat' of another scum team. "Maybe they're neutral and will help us". Suuuuuure.

I've been seeing a lot of evidence scattered around the days that, when considered the possibility, could point Emi towards Secret Agent. And, I'll be honest, I've never changed opinions this utterly before - you nailed a Mutineer on the head Day One, and I was 100% sure up until the discovery of the Agents you were townie. Guess that's the way these things go.

As for Lizzy, well....best to let the girl flap in circles with her hypotheses. :sceptic:

Vote: Emi/Brickdoctor. It's been a vague pleasure knowing you.

Oh, is this one of the examples of you acting town? Helping us?

I think most of us concluded we uncovered a hidden scum faction that night, yet many of your comments seemed to downplay the 'threat' of another scum team. "Maybe they're neutral and will help us". Suuuuuure.

No, it's an example of me being Town, because I am Town.

It's certainly not unheard of for Neutrals to side with the Town. The Mutineers, however, were clearly named the Scum team in the rules, and we knew we had to eliminate them, so they were of higher priority to someone who thought the Agents were Neutral.

There's really nothing I can do about that, and I understand that.

Oh but there is plenty that can be done, and you've really not done anything. :sceptic:

You see, I am very much in the same position as you. To begin with, due to an unfortunate turn of events and the "good work" both scum teams (for that's what anyone who's not Yakuza is to me) have done, I am not a "confirmed" Townie either. But that's not where the similarities end. I've also spoken up quite a bit, helped nail Yasu, among other agents and mutineers, and there is also proof of my efforts as well. However, as it turns out, I'm not currently under scrutiny. Which is, I would presume, due to the fact that I've worked for this Family by putting myself at risk on multiple occasions, and you do that by contacting people, extracting and sharing information and generally trying to generate some form of trust between yourself and other potential Family members. Not that I need to tell precisely you of all people how this game of life is played. But you know what, it occurs to me that caring and/or sharing is definitely not something I, or other Townies, obviously, have noticed in your "Townie contributions" so far.

It's certainly not unheard of for Neutrals to side with the Town. The Mutineers, however, were clearly named the Scum team in the rules, and we knew we had to eliminate them, so they were of higher priority to someone who thought the Agents were Neutral.

Forgive me, but I do not fancy the idea of keeping around another Agent. Which, judging by the above, are pretty high if we let you escape conviction tonight. If that is your way of telling us that the Agents are harmless, then I don't trust you one bit. Did you forget the fact that we were clearly told by my Father that this Family needs to get rid of both the Mutineers and the Agents? Prioritizing between both scum teams is of little use now, but it certainly seems to show where you're standing in this whole mess.

Unvote: Daisuke (K-nut)

Emi (Brickdoctor): 4 Votes

Def, Rick, CallMePieOrDie, MetroiD

Capt. Redblade, Bob

Professor Flitwick

Edited by badboytje88

Unvote: Daisuke (K-nut)

Emi (Brickdoctor): 3 Votes

Def, Rick, CallMePieOrDie

Daisuke (K-nut): 1 Vote

MetroiD

Father, could you please rectify that...

Unvote: Emi

Vote: Akira (Bob)

I've noticed a blaring discrepancy in Akira's private messages, so I'd like him out of here. His buddy-buddy relationship with Hiroki is simply icing on the cake. That guy needs to fry (and then be held accountable afterward if I turn out to be wrong). Let's lynch that fack-megablocks :sweet:

Oh but there is plenty that can be done, and you've really not done anything. :sceptic:

No, there isn't. I was saying that there's nothing I can do to get myself 'confirmed' by investigation. That's out of my control right now.

Forgive me, but I do not fancy the idea of keeping around another Agent. Which, judging by the above, are pretty high if we let you escape conviction tonight. If that is your way of telling us that the Agents are harmless, then I don't trust you one bit. Did you forget the fact that we were clearly told by my Father that this Family needs to get rid of both the Mutineers and the Agents? Prioritizing between both scum teams is of little use now, but it certainly seems to show where you're standing in this whole mess.

I never said the Agents were harmless. I said that the Mutineers were of higher priority. In other words, given a choice between an Agent and a Mutineer, at that time I would have picked the Mutineer. (now, given that choice and knowing that the Agents are Scum, I would base my choice on the roles of the suspects and the trustworthiness of whoever gave me the evidence)

Sorry for extreme lateness again!

I see some of you have been accusing me, and have voted for me. I understand the reasons for these actions is that I am rather inactive, wich I'm afraid is quite true. However I do not find that a good enough reason to lynch me, when there is more concrete evidence around.

I see some of you have been accusing me, and have voted for me. I understand the reasons for these actions is that I am rather inactive, wich I'm afraid is quite true. However I do not find that a good enough reason to lynch me, when there is more concrete evidence around.

Which is another way of saying, "I'm not going to answer your accusations; I'm just going to vote for the suspect with the most votes and hope he gets lynched instead."

Emi (Brickdoctor): 4 Votes

Rick, CallMePieOrDie, MetroiD, Alopex

Capt. Redblade, Bob

Professor Flitwick

Akira (Bob): 1 Vote

Def

I find it cute how Lizzy has repeatedly watched the conversations today, and avoided jumping in. Hoping Emi gets convicted instead.

Lizzy, if not today, then tomorrow. Silence is simply a nail in the coffin. Ask Yasu or Kenta, who avoided the end of their time here, and it didn't save their scum-butts.

I'm not avoiding jumping into the conversation, I simply like to keep abreast of what's happening, but I myself have nothing more to say. I've made my accusations, explained them, called out the accusee for ignoring them repeatedly, defended myself against my own accusers, and given another of my useless hypotheses. I think that about covers it. I haven't said much more because a lynch against Emi-chan makes no difference to me. I have no inclinations to get her lynched or save her sorry hide. If she's lynched, she's lynched. If she's not, she's not. I have no useful evidence to help the case against her, nor do I have any that proves the innocence she so loudly proclaims, so I remain a bystander.

The fact is we still have thirteen people, and if we assume the other factions still sit at one or two apiece, that is no more than four people left to eliminate. I think at this point we outnumber them greatly, so if we lose one or two Yakuza along the way, that's the way things have to be.

Sorry for extreme lateness again!

Aaaaand looky here, yet another perfect opportunity to answer me, and yet more silence. It's not so much your inactivity that gets you accused, it's your refusal to own up to and/or prove wrong those accusations. My vote stands.

Aaaaand looky here, yet another perfect opportunity to answer me, and yet more silence. It's not so much your inactivity that gets you accused, it's your refusal to own up to and/or prove wrong those accusations. My vote stands.

You're accusations are that I am not active, and seem unhelpful. I am truly rather inactive, and truly dont really talk in the day thread.

These accusations are true, however it doesnt mean I'm entirely unhelpful, and it definitely doesn't mean I'm scum.

I think you started this whole thing to avoid looking unhelpful, and scummy yourself... :sceptic:

You're accusations are that I am not active, and seem unhelpful. I am truly rather inactive, and truly dont really talk in the day thread.

These accusations are true, however it doesnt mean I'm entirely unhelpful, and it definitely doesn't mean I'm scum.

I think you started this whole thing to avoid looking unhelpful, and scummy yourself... :sceptic:

Day 3:

"Vote: Minoru (VolcanicPanic) A neutral blocker sounds rather unlikely."

-Voting with the majority, and citing a single, generally accepted, reason.

Day 4:

"After seeing the surest, most concrete evidence we have so far, I shall: Vote: Hiroki (Etzel)"

-Late in the day, voting with the majority (though this vote was a bit of a no-brainer).

Day 5:

"I was getting happy that there were no Loyal family members died, but alas, good Yakuza members died to...

Its strange that two people died of grief though, multiple roles like this aren't very frequent. Is it possible, that filthy agent, Momoe, somehow caused poor Aikos grief with a night action?"

-Another restatement of the night, though you did offer up the (rather obvious) suggestion that Aiko's death was caused by a night action.

-I actually think you may not have voted at all on Day 5

Day 6:

"It seems cherry Blossom did take revenge, but she killed a mutineer wich is good luck! An Agent has also been killed.

However my heart is filled with grief, for my dear daughter, Manga has died. She was a true Yakuza."

-TL;DR version of the post before yours (which, by the way, was the recount of the night's events)

"Sorry guys that I'm late!

Vote: Setsuku (fhomess). "

-Jumping in at the end of the day to vote (with the majority, I might add)

Your participation in the earlier days of this tragic week were, while a bit more frequent, no more useful than these last four days. Now, my dear Shiro, I'll be the first to stand up and admit that I am not free of guilt. Quite to the contrary. I have been quiet, I have spoken up and voted late in the day, and on those late votes, I usually ended up voting with the majority. But I have also been suspect for these very reasons. I don't trust Emi's overgrown lizard half as far as I could throw it, but that doesn't mean that Lizzy hasn't been raising valid points against you.

So, let me see if I've got this right: "I agree with the accusations, but I don't agree and think they're wrong, and also, you must be scum because you think I'm scum!"

Originally, I accused you because of your uselessness, but now the accusations are more due to your flat-out refusal to actually answer me whenever you speak, which is a very scummy move. I really would love to hear why you've been ignoring me, and I'm sure it'll be a doozy of a tale seeing as you've had so much time to come up with an airtight story. :hmpf:

And how does it not mean you're entirely unhelpful? Show me where you've been helpful.

Unvote: Emi

Vote: Akira (Bob)

I've noticed a blaring discrepancy in Akira's private messages, so I'd like him out of here. His buddy-buddy relationship with Hiroki is simply icing on the cake. That guy needs to fry (and then be held accountable afterward if I turn out to be wrong). Let's lynch that fack-megablocks :sweet:

I've been nothing but helpful to you and this is how you repay me? :hmpf:

You're on a lynching crusade. It seems to me that you're just going through the character list and seeing who you haven't charged against. I won't vote for you in return, since you've been helpful to the town. Your accusation against me is weak. You even say that you're not entirely certain. I never said I was close with Hiroki, I merely said that I had talked to him and he seemed trustworthy. I had no idea that I would have been betrayed like that.

And when it comes to you, I've been following your orders for the last few days. I was unable to get my protection action in for Night Six, so automatically you assume that I'm a bad guy.

Vote: Lizzy (Capt.Redblade)

Emi and Lizzy are about equal to me, but Emi has been a bit more active, which is more important if there's no results from the night. If more info comes up on Akira, then I'll gladly switch my vote.