Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

That's very true. For example, if you look at the new Spider-man set, you get Spider-man and Doc Ock (both very famous), and Iron Fist (didn't know who he was before the set was revealed. I thought he might be a villain before the set picture was released).

The set is based on the new cartoon where iron fist is a featured characther.

I would specially like a MARVEL vs. DC Lego game, though it is really unlikely.

It could be possible after all Lego did secure both licences and Dc and Marvel had a joint comic for a few months called Avengers vs Justic League. The plot was a Krona travels through different universes seeking the truth of creation when he arrives in the Marvel world and meets Grandmaster. Due to the fact that Krona is destroying universes after he leaves Grandmaster offers a bet to save his universe. He Grand master wins then Krona has to leave and not not destroy the Marvel world and if he loses he will take Kotna to Galactus. The bet involves the Justice League fighting against the Avengers to find several items from each of there universe. In the end they team up and defeat Korna and Grandmaster. Not sure if this is cannon in there Universes but it would be a very interesting LEGO game I think.

Edited by Sam892

Please, that would be like if Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse met each other... oh wait that did happen. Well if Disney and Warner bros can agree on Roger Rabbit than maybe a video game with thier comic book properties may come to pass. Like I always say; If there is money to be made than it shall be made! :laugh:

We should be celebrating. For the first time in what, 35+years both licenses are finally once again held by the same toy maker who can finally make superheroes and playsets that are cross compatible. We haven't seen that since the classic days of the late lamented Mego company. (we were so truly lucky growing up in the 70's :cry_happy: , well ok except for the whole "way that our parents dressed us back then" thing :angry: see http://www.plaidstallions.com/ for examples of both our wonderful toys and our hideous fashion. be warned it is scary.)

You never know. I think some of the folks at Disney and Warner may finally be warming up to the idea of some sorts of cross license media deals. I think they may have finally after the better part of a century, started to grasp that their products are actually synergistic, and not actually competing rivals in the way that they have been practicing business since the 40's. The people spending the money don't make a choice of Batman or Spiderman. They want to buy both and play with them together. Just like the people that buy and read comics don't maintain quite the same rigid brand loyalty. If they read one, more often then not they read the other. The trick is to get more to read them both.

Lego and Tt games may actually the best hope of seeing such a crossover game, as they don't seem to run afoul of some of the other licenses, such as Capcom or Rocksteady.

Edited by Faefrost

Marvel and DC have done a number of collaborations in the past. But the way licenses are handled outside of comics there would be no chance of a game featured both sets of companies characters.

On a different note I have several led luthor poly bag sets that I'd like to trade for a hawkeye polybag set black widow fig, or hulk fig if anyone is interested.

The only roadblock presently is that the editorial teams of both Marvel and DC are unusually antagonistic to each other - whether it's just some drummed up controversy to cue fanboy nerd rage or some real issues remains to be seen. That said, if their parent companies gave them a time-out and told them not to come out of the corner until they could play nice, no doubt it would happen.

now we just need Wesley Snipes let off from his insanely evil prison sentence.

??????!!!

...this was new to me, I've just google it :(

On a different note I have several led luthor poly bag sets that I'd like to trade for a hawkeye polybag set black widow fig, or hulk fig if anyone is interested.

Please don't use this thread for trades.

Everyone else, talk of any Marvel video game doesn't belong in this thread either. Stay on topic.

I was just taking a look at a review of the Jetski set and saw the new cowl for Batman. I ordered the Funhouse a few days ago, and I'm curious if the same new cowl mold is used for all the new Batman figs, just the ones wearing black, or only the jetski one.

I was just taking a look at a review of the Jetski set and saw the new cowl for Batman. I ordered the Funhouse a few days ago, and I'm curious if the same new cowl mold is used for all the new Batman figs, just the ones wearing black, or only the jetski one.

I'm not sure on the funhouse set. The black cowl in the new 6864 Batmobile set is the newer style, but with a correctly matching head, so it doesn't have the alignment issues of the Jetski one. The blue cowl from the 6858 Catwoman cycle set is the older style with the flatter ears.

A lego amalgam would be neat. A series of comics where marvel and dc mish mashed during the marvel vs dc run.

A lego amalgam would be neat. A series of comics where marvel and dc mish mashed during the marvel vs dc run.

Oh man I'd kill for a darkclaw mini fig. That would be aces.

I'm not sure on the funhouse set. The black cowl in the new 6864 Batmobile set is the newer style, but with a correctly matching head, so it doesn't have the alignment issues of the Jetski one. The blue cowl from the 6858 Catwoman cycle set is the older style with the flatter ears.

My poly bag has no alignment issues

I think it's just the black ones, but I can't be sure.

Mind providing a picture? Possibly even a comparison with a non-aligning head?

Sorry if I missed it, but anyone know what the minifigure is for the Super Heroes Visual Dictionary?

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Batman-Visual-Dictionary-Universe/dp/0756697875

I saw some rumors of the Electricity Batman from the new LEGO Batman 2 video game.

http://smashing-bricks.com/files/2012/05/batmanvisual1.jpg

Here it shows Electro Suit Batman!!!

Edited by Solscud007

Sorry if I missed it, but anyone know what the minifigure is for the Super Heroes Visual Dictionary?

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/0756697875

I saw some rumors of the Electricity Batman from the new LEGO Batman 2 video game.

http://smashing-bric...tmanvisual1.jpg

Here it shows Electro Suit Batman!!!

I'm sorry but that is old news, we have known that the exclusive minifigure is the Electricity Suit Batman for I think about a month now.

Edited by Clone gunner comander jedi

I'm sorry but that is old news, we have known that the exclusive minifigure is the Electricity Suit Batman for I think about a month now.

Whoops. See what happens when I dont pay attention? hehe. Any ideas as to the release date for this book?

Not according to this review.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66100&st=0&p=1200657entry1200657

Do you have pictures?

Did a little googling and according to DK.UK the Batman Visual Guide comes out in Sept 03, 2012

http://www.dk.co.uk/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9781409386018,00.html

Edited by Solscud007

LEGO.com: Scheming Doctor Octopus has captured Iron Fist and is conducting experiments on him, trying to steal his superpowers. Help Spider-Man sneak in through the air vent and swoop down on Doc Ock to release Iron Fist! Then stop the wicked doctor from fleeing on his missile-firing car!

Includes 3 minifigures: Spider-Man, Iron Fist and Doctor Octopus.

downloadA45988E77B79EED815E89E7A9DD728A2.jpg

I don't have pictures of it yet. But this has been mentioned in some reviews of the Jetski polybag set. It has the newer style cowl, but it was apparently still using the older head print. As a result the eye holes sit a hair low and you can see the pink skin at the bottom of the eyes. The regular box sets such as the Batmobile Two Face one have the new cowl, but the correct head. At least the ones that I have do not have any alignment issues. The blue cowled Batman from the Catwoman cycle set uses the older head print, so it lines up properly with the blue older cowl. If you put one of the newer black cowls on the blue guys head you see the same issue with the eyes riding low. The main difference between the new and old head prints seems to be that the white stripe / headband is a hair wider on the new ones. (so a new head can take a new or old cowl without any alignment issues)

There are some pics of the issue and discussion of it in friedchickenfaeries review of the polybag set here. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71139

Is this making any sense?

I'm really excited about the Electro-Batman minifig, does anybody has better pictures? :thumbup:

No pics, but I will say the suit looks pretty cool in the game. Probably worth the money if you want a full arsenal in your BatCave.

Personally, the greatest thing I've seen in the game so far is Black Manta in minifigure form-- he came in the playable villains pack from GameStop. He looks faaaantastic!

No pics, but I will say the suit looks pretty cool in the game. Probably worth the money if you want a full arsenal in your BatCave.

Personally, the greatest thing I've seen in the game so far is Black Manta in minifigure form-- he came in the playable villains pack from GameStop. He looks faaaantastic!

About Black Manta and some of the other characters, are they available on the Wii, and if yes, how do I get them?

About Black Manta and some of the other characters, are they available on the Wii, and if yes, how do I get them?

Not sure about the Wii... But the promotion never did mention any specific platform so who knows...?

It was a deal for GameStop Rewards Card Members Only-- an unlockable code for 5 villains with pre-order. I actually signed up just to take advantage of the offer. I doubt you can get it through them now... But maybe someone has leaked he code online...?

FWIW, the characters are Black Manta, Bizarro Superman, Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, and some guy named Black Adam.

Not sure about the Wii... But the promotion never did mention any specific platform so who knows...?

It was a deal for GameStop Rewards Card Members Only-- an unlockable code for 5 villains with pre-order. I actually signed up just to take advantage of the offer. I doubt you can get it through them now... But maybe someone has leaked he code online...?

FWIW, the characters are Black Manta, Bizarro Superman, Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, and some guy named Black Adam.

/comic book guy rage

*eye twitch* Black Adam was Shazam before captain marvel ever came into existance, he's from the egyptian era. He can go toe to toe with most major good guys.

/end comic book guy rage

Can anyone figure out the suits that bats has? Like the backpack for electro batman and the power suit batman.