Sign in to follow this  
Gioppa

Why Can't I View Member Profiles?

i can tell only this:when i try to click members i have this message:

[#10221] You do not have permission to view the member listing

thanks for the help

when I was new , It happened to me -just wait :)

First: I would like to have this restriction stated and explained in the "Member Guideline" posting. That was the first place that I looked, when I found out that I cannot send PM and cannot see any profiles. As there was nothing in there, it took me quite a while and some distinct search to find this thread! I guess there are others that might not be so successful as me - and that will be very frustrating for them (especially as they cannot send a PM to an Admin either ..., see next recommendation)

You didn't get an EMail like this? :look:

Thank you GalaxySII. Your registration has been submitted.

The board administrator has chosen to require validation for all email addresses. Within the next 10 minutes (usually instantly) you'll receive an email with instructions on the next step. Don't worry, it won't take long before you can post! Please note that you'll be a restricted member during your first 10 posts after which you'll automatically be upgraded to full membership. (Restrictions include profile editing and using the PM system.)

The email has been sent to xxxxxx@de-classic-space.com

Second: It would be great if members could PM Moderators and Administrators - regardless of their posting count.

However I can imagine that this is technically not possible to realize this ... but then you might be able to to have a "contact admin forum section" where every member can post, but the postings will only be visible for the administrators. And if that is still not possible, it would be great to have at least and published [-> Member Guidelines] e-mail address that one could send ones request / questions to the admins.

PMs: Technically not possible.

Contact admin forum: Technically not possible.

EMail support: We really don't have the resources to answer personal EMails. We'd rather answer once in a public place.

You didn't get an EMail like this? :look:

First I thought "shame on me" ... as I would probably not have read this thoroughly but just gone for the activation link.

But I checked registration mail and it just provided information for completing the registration process.

And that is the only mail in my mailbox (there is the slight possibility that the above email slipped through my spam filter if it was sent from a different email-address than the initial registration mail).

Anyway, thank you for providing me your feedback

Regards, Enno.

First I thought "shame on me" ... as I would probably not have read this thoroughly but just gone for the activation link.

But I checked registration mail and it just provided information for completing the registration process.

...sorry, my mistake. It's on the page itself. I say that in the original post. :laugh:

yeah, I also have similar problem. It is that I already active the email account, but when i click my profile, the system will prompt me that

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

Useful Links

Forgotten Password Recovery

Register a new account

Our help documentation

Contact the forums administrator

what is this situation? who can help me?

Sorry if I'm missing something simple but every time I try to go to my own profile or someone else's, I get an error message saying "[#10245] you are not premitted To view member profiles"

What's wrong? I can't even look at my own profile????? Heeeeelp!!! Haha :)

Thanks.

Sorry if I'm missing something simple but every time I try to go to my own profile or someone else's, I get an error message saying "[#10245] you are not premitted To view member profiles"

What's wrong? I can't even look at my own profile????? Heeeeelp!!! Haha :)

Thanks.

Sorry but I found out y. 10 post needed. Sorry again

Hate to do this, but I need a fifth posting so that I can place a link in a posting that would not make any sense without it.

But wait ... why does search only provides me links two 2 postings (both in this thread) while the number beside my name in the postings indicate that I have already done 4 ???

Cheers, Enno.

Edited by E2nO

I'm not sure, I can see all your posts (6). You should be able to post your link now.

Hate to do this, but I need a fifth posting so that I can place a link in a posting that would not make any sense without it.

It, unfortunately, is a necessity and a measure to prevent spammers causing too much harm before we identify them as such.

I just joined and I have a question about my profile.

If I try to view my own profile, let alone anyone elses, it says I dont have permission. Is it because I just joined or is it some sort of problem. After a bit of searching around here I havent found anything that says something about that.

Please help me...

Once you make 10 posts (don't go making lots of posts to get there, let it happen naturally), all of that will clear up.

Welcome to EB. :sweet:

To see member profiles, including your own, you need to get out of the "I'm New!" group and properly into the "Vassal" group; making "ten good posts" gets you there. See this thread (pinned at the top of this board) for more information about user ranks.

Edited by jamesn

Hey thanks. I was a bit confused at first, but I guess it makes sense to have a "merge in period". Well, 2 more to go. Heh, Gota save em.

To see member profiles, including your own, you need to get out of the "I'm New!" group and properly into the "Vassal" group; making "ten good posts" gets you there. See this thread (pinned at the top of this board) for more information about user ranks.

OK, I'm trying to learn the rules fast. Can I take it that good posts are just ones that don't show me up as a spmmer, or contain abusive language or anything? I don't have to be especially witty or clever or amusing?

OK, I'm trying to learn the rules fast. Can I take it that good posts are just ones that don't show me up as a spmmer, or contain abusive language or anything? I don't have to be especially witty or clever or amusing?

Yes that's about it in a nutshell. :grin:

If you can, try to punctuate and spell your sentences/reply's as good as you can. :classic:

Also try to post in the right place and try not to bump old topics with a good reason.

If your unsure though it's better to check the member guidelines.

You don't have to be witty,clever or amusing if you don't want to.But if you do remember there is a 'line' that should not be crossed.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan