Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

Hopefully it's just because they've got something really awesome planned for us!

Hahah, you must be a glass-is-half-full kind of guy. That totally works for me. :laugh: Stand by for awesomeness!

I realize that there's no news here, but I just can't believe how little info we have on this. Has there ever been an instance where we have a current series on the market with no idea what's coming next?

When it was to S5 in September, last year, we had just a very undetailed picture showing only some of the minifigures and some were even not recognable.

I should also add that TLC is near to the distribution phase, so there is more than someone who already know all of these minifigures!

When it was to S5 in September, last year, we had just a very undetailed picture showing only some of the minifigures and some were even not recognable.

I should also add that TLC is near to the distribution phase, so there is more than someone who already know all of these minifigures!

That really doesn't count. At least with series 5 there was some idea on what we had coming. Only series 8 image is the black box.

The first pictures we got for series 6 (from what I can remember) where of leaked figures from a factory, followed shortly by group pictures of series 6 and 7.

I'm guessing that perhaps TLG has tightened up on their production to prevent factory workers sneaking the figures out.

I have no idea how long it takes to produce, packaged and distribute that many figures for a September release, but if that make it to the official release date without any 'leaks' I'll be very surprised. There's just a lot going on with the LOTR sets still hitting stores, so their official press releases tend to allow space for people to spend their money on each wave of sets :D

Edited by andhe

We knew about the Star Wars set "Palpatine's Arrest" for months, but we only saw pics of it today - when it appeared in shops. Clearly TLG is doing more to crack down on leaks. Perhaps Series 8 will be the same way. :sceptic: Please no! :cry_sad:

We knew about the Star Wars set "Palpatine's Arrest" for months, but we only saw pics of it today - when it appeared in shops. Clearly TLG is doing more to crack down on leaks. Perhaps Series 8 will be the same way. :sceptic: Please no! :cry_sad:

Indeed Palpatine's Arrest has been well concealed, but it's nearly the first time it happens. Team GB has been spoilered a month ago, and it will be released in a month. So, perhaps some shots or at least a list will be revealed within the end of June.

This is probably very unlikely, but if the reason we haven't heard anything yet is because of something big LEGO has planned for this series, maybe they're planning a sort of "All-Star" CMF series, something with favorites like the Zombie, Spartan, Elf, Gladiator, etc. rereleased all together. I know, it's far-fetched and probably won't happen, but it was just something I thought of that would be really cool if they did it. :shrug_oh_well: I'm just surprised more and more every day that we haven't heard anything yet about Series 8.

[..]something with favorites like the Zombie, Spartan, Elf, Gladiator, etc. rereleased all together.

That would be catastrophic for my wallet. I have recently bought 100 minifig of series 7, if what you say really happens I should buy at least double that amount...

Hmm...Yes, Palpatine's arrest is very well concealed. Too well concealed. I would be like this :oh3: if Lego is not stalking this forum from the moment it appeared. It may even have a account here(Anybody named Lego? Just kidding :grin: ). So, for Lego, here is a tip:

Yes, your security is amazingly not amazing, get it? I like to plan ahead, so concealing it so well that it is only known when it arrives in shops can only give me a heart attack. Perhaps it is a practical joke? Anyway, I would like you to use the effort of keeping it under wraps to keeping deadlines. What do I mean? Almost everything here in Singapore arrives late. I still hadn't seen a sign of the Town Hall set until now...... :sad: and the Space Police 3 theme didn't even arrive in stores until the price had risen.

Omega X

P.S. No offence intended. It is just my own opinion.

That would be catastrophic for my wallet. I have recently bought 100 minifig of series 7, if what you say really happens I should buy at least double that amount...

Yeah, it would be very expensive for us, but like I said, it's probably a very unlikely suggestion. Just something I thought of. If LEGO is in fact reading this thread, maybe they could take this suggestion and turn it into something for series 9, then you could have the two best figures from each of the first 8 series put together into one series.

Hmm...Yes, Palpatine's arrest is very well concealed. Too well concealed. I would be like this :oh3: if Lego is not stalking this forum from the moment it appeared. It may even have a account here(Anybody named Lego? Just kidding :grin: ). So, for Lego, here is a tip:

Yes, your security is amazingly not amazing, get it? I like to plan ahead, so concealing it so well that it is only known when it arrives in shops can only give me a heart attack. Perhaps it is a practical joke? Anyway, I would like you to use the effort of keeping it under wraps to keeping deadlines. What do I mean? Almost everything here in Singapore arrives late. I still hadn't seen a sign of the Town Hall set until now...... :sad: and the Space Police 3 theme didn't even arrive in stores until the price had risen.

Omega X

P.S. No offence intended. It is just my own opinion.

Ok, I just have to ask -

What's the difference if Lego keeps everything under wraps and releases late as opposed to leaking early and releasing on time, if Singapore receives sets well after other countries? My point being - can't you still plan ahead?

lol

Ok, I just have to ask -

What's the difference if Lego keeps everything under wraps and releases late as opposed to leaking early and releasing on time, if Singapore receives sets well after other countries? My point being - can't you still plan ahead?

lol

Not really. If i get the information early, i could get a better idea of who tends to have what on bricklink, have plenty of time to decide exactly what i want, and figure out how much money i need to reserve for the paypal credit refill and how much to reserve for a game i might want to get whenever it comes out pending reviews. But with last moment it'd be a race to figure out exactly how much money i need to put on the side and which figures i want.

Ok, I just have to ask -

lol

Sorry but...what do you mean? I mean that Lego could probably keep it under wraps for a while, you know , build suspense. But I have already planned what to buy this year and a slight change could destroy my plan. Unfortunately, Palpatine's Arrest is the one that destroyed everything. Anyway, why are we discussing about Star Wars and how Lego operates when the topic states Collectable minifigures? Okay, yes I know, I'm the one who started it. But still good to point. If still any questions, send me a message.

Omega X

We were obviously very spoiled with the early details on Series 6 and 7. We're still three full months away from the "official" release of Series 8, so everyone should just take a deep breath. It probably won't be kept under wraps a la Palpatine's Arrest since that rarely every happens, but it could surely be another full month before we hear anything at all on Series 8, maybe even longer!

We were obviously very spoiled with the early details on Series 6 and 7. We're still three full months away from the "official" release of Series 8, so everyone should just take a deep breath. It probably won't be kept under wraps a la Palpatine's Arrest since that rarely every happens, but it could surely be another full month before we hear anything at all on Series 8, maybe even longer!

i was hoping they'd announce b4 now so people could make plans. There's some people like me that not only are lego fans but are also video game fans and with e3 2012(the largest video game thing all year) literally 3 days away(starts on the 5th) and that is the major time some people make video game plans. With VG plans and lego plans on some peoples' budgets, the figure images could be make or break with the success of figures. For me, except for the fact that i know how little time the figures spend in stores and the issues w/ animal crossing city folk, i'd be postponing series 8 and 9(if that exists) plans in favor of animal crossing 3ds.

i was hoping they'd announce b4 now so people could make plans. There's some people like me that not only are lego fans but are also video game fans and with e3 2012(the largest video game thing all year) literally 3 days away(starts on the 5th) and that is the major time some people make video game plans. With VG plans and lego plans on some peoples' budgets, the figure images could be make or break with the success of figures. For me, except for the fact that i know how little time the figures spend in stores and the issues w/ animal crossing city folk, i'd be postponing series 8 and 9(if that exists) plans in favor of animal crossing 3ds.

I can't see really your point. If you should buy 5 more or less minifig, the difference is $15, I don't think one depends on $15... I can see knowing all the RP of LotR sets if you want to buy them all (but, again, I don't know a single AFOL who buys in toy shops, everybody here has his own means to get discounted sets), but when it comes to minifigures it seems a bit odd to me... no offence meant.

Absolutely nothing lasts forever, fashions and trends change. Unthinkable as it is at this juncture.

I don't know... If they slowed down a bit (maybe just 2 sets per year) I could see this going forever.

I don't know... If they slowed down a bit (maybe just 2 sets per year) I could see this going forever.

I will not live forever. I NEED them to bombard me with new CMFs every month, because I do not know what will happen 3 years from now ;)

If I am to be asked, I would say they need to speed up the tempo - new series evey month. And if they were of normal quality, I would buy all of them.

I'm fine with waiting on the reveal - I've got enough to catch-up with already.

Lego is not my only hobby nor the only thing I spend money on, so I can use a break here and there. I'm in no hurry. I'd probably have to stop collecting the Minifigure Series if they came out once a month. That would involve too much hunting around at stores to feel thru bags to get a whole set. Working full time and being busy on weekends would leave me little time to do that. And we all know that the army-builders or favorite figures from a given set go the fastest, so time is of the essence with these.

As for when to reveal, I like these short-reveals. It makes it alittle more exciting finding out that something you didn't expect might be coming out really soon. Again, these are Legos, they stay on the shelves for months at a variety of stores - I'm in no hurry. The LOTR sets just hit and I may not be fully done with those till close to the end of the year. Sure, I'd like to get them done sooner, but I can be patient and pace myself.

I would say they need to speed up the tempo - new series evey month. And if they were of normal quality, I would buy all of them.

I'd love that... IF I could afford it. :laugh: I can barely put up to the new awesome figs each year... My collection is probably about 1/3 of the figs I want. :tongue:

even though theres alot of people that have all series 1-7, im in no hurry for series 8 since i still need 1-4 :grin:

even though theres alot of people that have all series 1-7, im in no hurry for series 8 since i still need 1-4 :grin:

Similarly for me... I still need four figures to complete Series 6, and twelve to complete Series 7. And I'm lacking extras all the way back to series 4 (not counting my personal army builders, which I can never have enough of), and there's still a couple extras I still want from series 1. Once a month would be WAY too fast, even if I could afford it. I honestly wouldn't mind if they reduced it to two a year, as three a year seems a little fast as it is.

EDIT: And to clarify, in case I worried anybody about never having enough army builders, I would actually be satisfied with about 30 for those figures. My largest army is currently elves, which I have 11 or 12 of. So don't worry, I'm not hoarding hundreds of army builder figures nor do I plan on it. I'll stop at 30 for any of them, if I even make it to that many.

Edited by Phyre

EDIT: And to clarify, in case I worried anybody about never having enough army builders, I would actually be satisfied with about 30 for those figures. My largest army is currently elves, which I have 11 or 12 of. So don't worry, I'm not hoarding hundreds of army builder figures nor do I plan on it. I'll stop at 30 for any of them, if I even make it to that many.

Me too. 30 is a fair number. And even if I want to reach that stage, usually during the process I get tired. When I'm at 5-10 minifigs, I hoard for more... when I'm at 15-20 I say myself that I'd buy "only if I happen to". After 25 I no longer feel the urge to buy. It just happens again when some motnhs pass, like I bought 2 more evil dwarves upon finding a full S5 box after I hoarded 20/25 (dunno how many) when S5 hit the shelves.

Similarly for me... I still need four figures to complete Series 6, and twelve to complete Series 7. And I'm lacking extras all the way back to series 4 (not counting my personal army builders, which I can never have enough of), and there's still a couple extras I still want from series 1. Once a month would be WAY too fast, even if I could afford it. I honestly wouldn't mind if they reduced it to two a year, as three a year seems a little fast as it is.

not much of an army builder myself but at least want doubles for my son, then 1 of each for myself or display. i just hope series 8 has some awesome unique figures that most would never think about. but i also want a American Football Player :classic: