Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

How can you have an uncontrolled lust to a small degree?

He has an uncontrolled lustt to bass and drum. he partially likes dubstep, hope i'm getting this right :laugh::wacko:

He has an uncontrolled lustt to bass and drum. he partially likes dubstep, hope i'm getting this right :laugh::wacko:

You got it right. I've had the disease of not hearing right for about fifteen years. Hahaha! Anolog rules!

How canu have an uncontrolled lust to a small degree?

[To go awa

Clarification: The D n' B is cancer and the dubstep is a pimple I can't get to go away. That's a much clearer wording.Yeah?!

I am not totally sure what dubstep is....but I've been a Heavy Metal and bass fan for years, so bands like Korn appeal to me. Their newest album that came out last December has a bunch of collaborations with Skrillex and some other DJ's/groups that are supposedly dubstep or brostep style producers. You should check that out if you get a chance. Narcissistic Cannibal is probably the best example from that album if you check it out on Youtube

I am not totally sure what dubstep is

Aliens have sent us a declaration of war. It is coded in a strange way and we mistook it for music and started dancing to it.

Edited by mephistopheles

I am not totally sure what dubstep is....but I've been a Heavy Metal and bass fan for years, so bands like Korn appeal to me. Their newest album that came out last December has a bunch of collaborations with Skrillex and some otho?er DJ's/groups that are supposedly dubstep or brostep style producers. You should check that out if you get a chance. Narcissistic Cannibal is probably the best example from that album if you check it out on Youtube

That was " metal step" . The mix of metal and dubstep is good in the car when speeding but has too many drums to be real dubstep. It's still a great album. The dj's /producers are all worth checking out if you want a taste of dubstep. Pandora on a cell phone hooked up to a stero is a great way to hear some dubstep. Do you have tunein radio? That gives you access to international radio stasions.Look on the internet for radio stations. I personally just use cell phones hooked up to stereos unless I have the vinyl or cd OR I JUST WANT TO HEAR SOME NEW MISIC.Cell's are great for new music you never heard before. Learn what your cell can do.

I in fact understood the first time just fine, but I don't know all the smiley faces to show I was being a little Megablock. I just happened across some dubstep videos on youtube last week, and was pretty impressed. I've always had a fondness for drums n bass, but my heart lies with house and trance... although Skrillex has been a Godsend for their influence on popular music, and they rock too.

Coincidentaly, i have always pictured elementals as being the incarnate form of the respective element, just like Dungeons and Dragons portrays them: water in wave form, fire in flame form.. It's interesting to see what alternate elementals people are coming up with (phoenix and dragon to name a few). I think this challenge will be quite interesting.

I love how the Avalnoia thead has become an argument about music genres :tongue:

I love hardcore Rock, classic Rock and a few other bits and bobs. I hate rap, dubstep, pop (modern dancing music)

I really think we should keep our conversations stuck to Lego before this turns into a radio station :laugh:

I love how the Avalnoia thead has become an argument about music genres :tongue:

I love hardcore Rock, classic Rock and a few other bits and bobs. I hate rap, dubstep, pop (modern dancing music)

I really think we should keep our conversations stuck to Lego before this turns into a radio station :laugh:

It's not an argument. We are just getting to know each other better. That makes for better conversation. A pure LEGO talk 100% of the time becomes stale. We need a little variety to remember that we are talking to humans.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

It's not an argument. We are just getting to know each other better. That makes for better conversation. A pure LEGO talk 100% of the time becomes stale. We need a little variety to remember that we are talking to humans.

I guess you have a point :classic:

All right all right- less dub metal step more challenge 4! Anyone have a WIP to share? Only a week to go on this people and we need to represent!!

All right all right- less dub metal step more challenge 4! Anyone have a WIP to share? Only a week to go on this people and we need to represent!!

Work has put me behind but i think that i might share something tomorrow. Some business meetings though but i'm hoping the best. One week is enough. 75% of my challenge 2 entry was made within the last 4 days or so ;)

Looking forward to your entries!

The Avalonia Trading Company will expand it's powers soon! Here are the ideas and works in progress:

In progress:

The Great A.T.C. Warehouse (located in Albion)

An A.T.C. trade vessel (for the Commerce Challenge)

The A.T.C. headquarters (Trade guild in Albion)

Ideas:

An A.T.C. galleon (warship)

The A.T.C. castle/fortress (a bit of progress already)

A port with shipyard (On the A.T.C. lands)

A large quarry ( " )

Grain farm ( " )

Toll gates ( " )

:sweet:

Look here, this is not a WIP, but it's already finished ;-)

I don't think I will enter challenge IV. I have my Japanese assessment coming up, and it's going to take priority. I will recycle my elemental monster into another build.

I don't think I will enter challenge IV. I have my Japanese assessment coming up, and it's going to take priority. I will recycle my elemental monster into another build.

you have assignments too? that sucks

WOW! I've been gone for a while and I come back and I see a ton of stuff! It's gonna take me a while to look through this all

hello all, just returned from a family vacation in Florida.

We took spent two days in Legoland one was primarily spent at the water park but we did hit up a couple rides that the kids wanted to ride a second (or in the the case of one of the coasters, four or five times)We did hit Downtown Disney, Lego Store as well mainly for the Pic a Brick wall.

I picked up some Dark red 1x2 and some more 1x4 reddish brown tiles from their along with some other pieces.

I hit the Pic a brick in the park but as the prices where by the 1/4 pound, i only got a few pieces that I haven't seen on the PaB wall in Orlando like some of the reddish brown arched windows with the gold grate.

The main thing I saw there that kind of surprised me was they had the Dragon Knight Battle packs for $14.99 at the store near the Dragon coaster.

As my Dragon army is now near 50 I didn't buy any more but after seeing the prices on Ebay and Bricklink I guess I should have bought a few sets!

Also got some good ideas from the miniland buildings. Having been to the Legoland parks in Denmark, England and California, I was really impressed with the New York City display, The size of the skyline was incredible!

anyhow now to finish my Challenge IV build looks like I'm going to pushing the deadline once again!

The main thing I saw there that kind of surprised me was they had the Dragon Knight Battle packs for $14.99 at the store near the Dragon coaster.

As my Dragon army is now near 50 I didn't buy any more but after seeing the prices on Ebay and Bricklink I guess I should have bought a few sets!

I did bought them in Billund this year, I got like 15 battlepacks. At first I thought you've got enough of those. But they kept on smiling towards me :devil:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

I did bought them in Billund this year, I got like 15 battlepacks. At first I thought you've got enough of those. But they kept on smiling towards me :devil:

You can also pick them up in the chess sets- though the quality is not so great on some of those parts.

Today is the last day in the Commerce Challenge. So if you plan on entering this is your last chance :wink:

Commerce Challenge: link

I won't make it with my tradeship I'm afraid. :tongue:

Too bad I was looking forward to it :cry_sad: But you can always post it as a free build :classic:

this is going to come down to the wire for me. I have a feeling I am going to have to cut some corners to get it in on time as I found out I am going to be gone Friday and Saturday. fingers crossed the weather cooperates here and I have a good day for photos Sunday!