Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Just now, Alfadas said:

The chair is made of wood, with 4 legs, 2 armrests and a backrest. There is some padding where you can sit on, so it doesn't hurt your behind. When the chair hits you in the chest, it hurts. Torald thinks for a moment. A tactical situation. Hmm. Yes. I am all alone in the woods, my party members are knocked out by powerful enemies. I'm surrounded by 4 big, hairy werewolves. I have lost my sword, all I can do, is use my magic to hurl some lumps of wood their way and maybe knock them out before they get me. But I have to control the lumps, otherwise they might hit me or the party members. So, I need to focus really hard on the lumps and the amount of ether I put in each hurl. But I could also use the magic to summon my sword back into my hands, without it hitting myself with the pointy bit.

Torald thinks again. Wow, a lot of thinking is involved with using magic. How do I use it? Is this the most useful, least ether consuming way? 

"Is the chair an acute threat? Can you solve the problem without magic somehow?" Ezeran awaits Toralds response.

1 hour ago, Alfadas said:

The chair shoots towards him, barely avoiding some other Heroes in the Hall.

What the "Hasbro"! 

58 minutes ago, MysticModulus said:

"Before you continue, please describe the chair and try to see this as a tactical situation."

I should of known you were up to something. 

5 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

I have lost my sword, all I can do, is use my magic to hurl some lumps of wood their way and maybe knock them out before they get me.

See if there are any rocks you can use. They usually are harder and hurt more (usually). 

If you two want to play with something, play with this "Scroll of Blindness". I am just going to sit over there. So you can give me back the Scroll when you are done.

In a quieter voice. And hopefully you won't hit me with a chair. 

20 minutes ago, MysticModulus said:

"Is the chair an acute threat? Can you solve the problem without magic somehow?" Ezeran awaits Toralds response.

The chair isn't an acute threat, but it can harm if used correctly. Maybe I can, like, walk over to the sword and pick it up, but that might leave my back vulnerable. So, I don't know. 

17 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

What the "Hasbro"! 

I should of known you were up to something. 

See if there are any rocks you can use. They usually are harder and hurt more (usually). 

If you two want to play with something, play with this "Scroll of Blindness". I am just going to sit over there. So you can give me back the Scroll when you are done.

In a quieter voice. And hopefully you won't hit me with a chair. 

Sorry! 

Hoke's interest was piqued as he over heard the magic user's conversation.  He sat back and watched the former barbarian.

5 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

"What was your mission?"

Not sure I understand. Figure out a way to not use magic? Torald looks confused. 

1 hour ago, Alfadas said:

Not sure I understand. Figure out a way to not use magic? Torald looks confused. 

Ezeran nods. "Not everything is solved by violence or magic, your mission was to transport the chair from the other end of the room to here. Is it a threat? Probably not! How would I do it?" Ezeran takes his time and strolls to the other side of the room, picks up the chair and drags it back to the table where they were sitting. "Magic is power and power means corruption, be wary of it and respect it! Sometimes there are more mundane solutions that works just fine! 

Ezeran smiles. "Hey, this wooden lecture took me years to understand! You're doing great buddy!"

Hoke continues to watch the former barbarian's lesson with a bit of amusement.  He chuckles to himself, remembering when it was him, and looks about the Hall a bit, for the first time in a long while, really looking around, and wonders where everyone has gone off to: Guts, Arthur, Dyric, Lawrence, Althior, Hybros, Atramor, Skrall, Tesni, all of the faces that he saw when he first walked into the Hall.  People that he had quested beside, some more than others.

Where had they gone?

He leaned back in his chair, the smile easing slowly off of his face.  There weren't any quests, as far as he could tell, that they were on.  Had they moved on?  Had they found another cause, another purpose?  

Hoke settled into his chair a bit more, uncomfortable with the idea that maybe it was time to move on.

He had stayed longer than he needed to.  He could have returned home, a long time ago.  

Maybe it was time to do just that.

Hoke sat back in his chair, thinking, the noise of the conversations, and the clattering of the bar dimming out of his consciousness.

14 minutes ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran nods. "Not everything is solved by violence or magic, your mission was to transport the chair from the other end of the room to here. Is it a threat? Probably not! How would I do it?" Ezeran takes his time and strolls to the other side of the room, picks up the chair and drags it back to the table where they were sitting. "Magic is power and power means corruption, be wary of it and respect it! Sometimes there are more mundane solutions that works just fine! 

Ezeran smiles. "Hey, this wooden lecture took me years to understand! You're doing great buddy!"

Magic is power and power means corruption. Makes sense. It feels good to use magic, but you are saying that if you use too much magic, careless, it might take control over you? Make you do things you don't want to do?

Torald lets that sink in, and thinks about it for a while. So, use magic when there is no other way, and do it the "normal" way whenever possible. Thanks for teaching me all this. Would not have figured this out all by myself. So, with these lessons, I learned to focus on the magic, and not use it carefree. 

15 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

Magic is power and power means corruption. Makes sense. It feels good to use magic, but you are saying that if you use too much magic, careless, it might take control over you? Make you do things you don't want to do?

Torald lets that sink in, and thinks about it for a while. So, use magic when there is no other way, and do it the "normal" way whenever possible. Thanks for teaching me all this. Would not have figured this out all by myself. So, with these lessons, I learned to focus on the magic, and not use it carefree. 

"You have great potential just because you are patient and have a good judgement. Now how about trying to channel from gems?" Ezeran pulls forth a selection of gems. "Pick one and make the chair your target! Try to restrain yourself from the lure of channeling to much!"

Edited by MysticModulus

29 minutes ago, MysticModulus said:

"You have great potential just because you are patient and have a good judgement. Now how about trying to channel from gems?" Ezeran pulls forth a selection of gems. "Pick one and make the chair your target! Try to restrain yourself from the lure of channeling to much!"

Thanks! It helps I have a good teacher. Uhm, lets see. Ooh, I like this one! Torald picks up the Ruby. But that might not be the safest thing inside. He carefully puts the Ruby back. How about this? He picks up the Amethyst. Focusing on the Amethyst, he feels a lot of dark energy inside. Ooh no. Let's not do this one just yet. Emerald it is. Torald focuses on the Emerald, trying to channel his own energy through the Emerald, releasing the energy onto the chair. The chair wobbles a bit, then branches and leaves grow out of it. Wow, amazing!

8 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

Thanks! It helps I have a good teacher. Uhm, lets see. Ooh, I like this one! Torald picks up the Ruby. But that might not be the safest thing inside. He carefully puts the Ruby back. How about this? He picks up the Amethyst. Focusing on the Amethyst, he feels a lot of dark energy inside. Ooh no. Let's not do this one just yet. Emerald it is. Torald focuses on the Emerald, trying to channel his own energy through the Emerald, releasing the energy onto the chair. The chair wobbles a bit, then branches and leaves grow out of it. Wow, amazing!

Ezeran looks impressed. "That's really good! Great choice of gem regarding the circumstances! Your first choice of the ruby would have been a sound choice if we weren't in this locale as you yourself mentioned. You will not only be a powerful battlemage but a wise one as well. How about some more drinks before we continue?"

Ezeran looks around the hall for Petaldan, intending to buy him some lemonade.

Edited by MysticModulus
Added one sentence

Matthias enters the Hall as quietly as possible for a two-foot man with a four-foot cannon - which is not really all that quietly - and goes to the quest board. Seeing no upcoming operations, he finds a trade note. "Is someone here selling a Scroll of Blindness? I have 100 gold!"

Edited by StickFig
typo

5 minutes ago, StickFig said:

Matthias enters the Hall as quietly as possible for a two-foot man with a four-foot cannon - which is not really all that quietly - and goes to the quest board. Seeing no upcoming operations, he finds a trade note. "Is someone here selling a Scroll of Blinding? I have 100 gold!"

It took a second to register that someone was calling out for him. Making sure to retrieve the Scroll from the two other "heros" that where practicing with it. 

Yes, I have a Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the blinded-effect to the target, making them unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.) That I am willing to sell for a 100 Gold. 

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Oh, hello Throlar! It's, um, nice to see you again. We were talking about what's been happening in our lives." Annienal replies. She lowers her voice and leans closer to the dwarf. "I don't know who he is either, he sort of just showed up."

"Hmm, interesting. So, what has happened with you? And why do you smell of sulfur? Have you been bathing in hot springs or something?"

47 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

It took a second to register that someone was calling out for him. Making sure to retrieve the Scroll from the two other "heros" that where practicing with it. 

Yes, I have a Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the blinded-effect to the target, making them unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.) That I am willing to sell for a 100 Gold. 

Matthias counts out 100 gold as he marches across the common room to a wicked looking hero in a wicked looking helmet. He offers the gold. "I will buy it. Thank you."

51 minutes ago, StickFig said:

Matthias counts out 100 gold as he marches across the common room to a wicked looking hero in a wicked looking helmet. He offers the gold. "I will buy it. Thank you."

Here you go! 

As Germ traded the Scroll of Blindness for the 100 Gold. 

Going back to the note marked off an item. 

I have some items that I willing to sell off, they are the following.

Black Knight's Armor (SP:4; Protects from Stunned-effects; suitable for Black Knights; bodywear) for 150 Gold

White Ninja Cowl (Once per battle, the wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear) for 40 Gold

Wraps of the Steadfast Tortoise sold 

Simple Halberd (WP: 10; halberd) for 60 Gold maybe

Red Shield (SP: 8; shield) for 80 Gold maybe

Scroll of Blindness sold

Level-Up Mushroom sold 

I also have 5 Smoke Bombs I will sell off for cheap 2 Gold each.

The Demon Germ 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment

1 hour ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran looks impressed. "That's really good! Great choice of gem regarding the circumstances! Your first choice of the ruby would have been a sound choice if we weren't in this locale as you yourself mentioned. You will not only be a powerful battlemage but a wise one as well. How about some more drinks before we continue?"

Ezeran looks around the hall for Petaldan, intending to buy him some lemonade.

More drinks? It's like you can read my mind. I'll get them. Torald walks over to the bar and orders a mulled wine and a big pint of ale. There you go, what is the next lesson?

I purchase the 5 Smoke Bombs for 10 Gold.

I watch in interest as the mage instructs the barbarian in the arts of magic.

The ways of the mage are changing, it appears. Perhaps people can actually handle magic these days. People are growing and learning.

Petaldan stares in awe as Torald flings the chair about.

"Wow! Are you becoming a mage too now?"

Edited by Palathadric

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Hmm, interesting. So, what has happened with you? And why do you smell of sulfur? Have you been bathing in hot springs or something?"

"Oh, um, I, um, performed a ritual on an island where I made contact with draconic spirits and had some, um, lucid visions. I'm, um, also making an attempt to enhance my fire magic, as well as to better understand my Scroll of Dragon's Roar." Annienal replies, motioning Throlar to join the conversation and pull up a chair.

Overhearing, Annie's first mention of the rituals she performed, I shrug it off, but hearing her mentioning it again, I decide it is time to speak up to the quiet knight.

"You made contact with Draconic spirits?" I say in some disbelief. "Dabbling in things that you are unfamiliar with can be dangerous business, little lady. You do know how powerful dragons are, do you not? A Draconic spirit, though. It could eat you out of your mind. Dealing in spiritual rituals is a dangerous business and not to be taking lightly, certainly not by one as young as yourself. If you want to know more about dragons, there are ones that you can meet physically, provided you show them the respect that is their due. Dealing with spirits though..."

55 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

I purchase the 5 Smoke Bombs for 10 Gold.

Oh, you should of gotten my attention a little better. Well here you go. 

Traded 5 Smoke Bomb(s) for the 10 Gold 

Again Germ goes back to the note and marked off another item. 

I have some items that I willing to sell off, they are the following.

Black Knight's Armor (SP:4; Protects from Stunned-effects; suitable for Black Knights; bodywear) for 150 Gold

White Ninja Cowl (Once per battle, the wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear) for 40 Gold maybe

Wraps of the Steadfast Tortoise sold 

Simple Halberd (WP: 10; halberd) for 60 Gold maybe

Red Shield (SP: 8; shield) for 80 Gold maybe

Scroll of Blindness sold

Level-Up Mushroom sold 

I also have 5 Smoke Bombs I will sell off for cheap sold

The Demon Germ 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Fixing a problem

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

Overhearing, Annie's first mention of the rituals she performed, I shrug it off, but hearing her mentioning it again, I decide it is time to speak up to the quiet knight.

"You made contact with Draconic spirits?" I say in some disbelief. "Dabbling in things that you are unfamiliar with can be dangerous business, little lady. You do know how powerful dragons are, do you not? A Draconic spirit, though. It could eat you out of your mind. Dealing in spiritual rituals is a dangerous business and not to be taking lightly, certainly not by one as young as yourself. If you want to know more about dragons, there are ones that you can meet physically, provided you show them the respect that is their due. Dealing with spirits though..."

Annienal swivelled in her seat to face the Monk. "Um... why not?"

Edited by Kintobor

"Why not what? Be eaten out of your mind? If you're that far along I guess I can't help you."

Just now, Palathadric said:

"Why not what? Be eaten out of your mind? If you're that far along I guess I can't help you."

"I mean, um, have you ever seen someone have their mind eaten out by draconic spirits, or is this something that you've merely heard through hear say? I've heard of possession through channeling, but I highly doubt draconic spirits would want to possess an elf, let alone one looking to them for knowledge." Annienal replies.