Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day One

And now he discourages vote which he said he was pro earlier, and gives no alternative. And that is all he says in whole game. Enough to look like he is contributing, but really not doing anything to help at all. However, if I had to pick between him and Barbara, I'd say Barbara has been more useless this entire game. She has only one post and it means nothing. I will use my one unvote today happily if someone gives me cause, but we need to start voting and I don't think it's Eugene or Nika. Vote: Barbara (BobTheConstructionMan)

Uhm, this seems rather strange, first you refer to a lot of things Benji did and said, and after that you go and vote for Barbara? I guess that was a minor mixup on your part and you actually meant to vote for Benji?

And now he discourages vote which he said he was pro earlier, and gives no alternative. And that is all he says in whole game. Enough to look like he is contributing, but really not doing anything to help at all. However, if I had to pick between him and Barbara, I'd say Barbara has been more useless this entire game. She has only one post and it means nothing. I will use my one unvote today happily if someone gives me cause, but we need to start voting and I don't think it's Eugene or Nika. Vote: Barbara (BobTheConstructionMan)

I too have been suspicious of Barbara because of her silence. Like I said before, we'll most likely find scum among those who are trying to fly under the radar.

I think I'll wait to cast my vote until I hear what Barbara has to say about this.

It was never "made clear that you were roleplaying". You merely claimed so. Even if you were, the extent to which you took it is what is unusual.

It was clear from the time he said it. Hopw would you connect a drug addiction with the game..of life? He may be "manipulated by the scum", but how shall that work? The only thing I might think of would be that he isn't immune against conversion. But every suspicion based on that comment, even the slightiest, is absolutely idiotic. Or a scum move.

Both are the type of people we can do without, but alas being an idiot isn't a solid reason to lynch someone.

That's what you say. In my opinion, according to Denis theory, that the penality will be most likely losing a vanilla townie, I'd rather lose an idiot that someone potentially helpful. It may be a hard decision, especially cosidering that as nurse I'm trying to help people instead of killing them, but we have to take priorities. And I can't think of anyone who is less usefl than a idiot vanilla townie, except for scum, of course.

This is the first thing I say. I am roleplaying to. I am an upright citizen of this town and find illegal actiivty of any kind troubling. And how does "keeping an eye on you" voting for you?

Saying your post was roleplaying is a lie. You said, he can be manipulated by the scum, which is an allegation. Also, if you were only roleplaying, why did you lateron say he might be suspect of him because of this?

And I JOKE with you and play aong with your "problem".

But you didn't consider telling it was a joke to be helpful after people didn't understand it as a joke?

I am convinced now more than ever that Eugene is an idiot (Let's shout out in town square that we're all drug addicts for no apparent reason. Who cares if there are cops around?) but probably town.

Talking publicly about drug problems may be bad roleplay at worst, but certainly not idiotic in reference to this game...of life. :hmpf:

I'm not going to vote now, as we only have one unvote. I'm suspect of Nika, not mainly because of her accusation, but more because of her strange defense and the fact she still doesn't stop interpreting things into his drug addiction although he's stated more than once that is was only roleplay. But what really bothers me, is, that she claims her first reply had been roleplay as well, although it's clear it wasn't.

Uhm, this seems rather strange, first you refer to a lot of things Benji did and said, and after that you go and vote for Barbara? I guess that was a minor mixup on your part and you actually meant to vote for Benji?

No no no. I am sorry. I am suspect of both, but have already present my case against Barbara. I decided to also present case against Benji, because I am also suspect of him, but I said out of those two, I guess Barbara is the most suspect.

She asks for vote to be cast, but does not say she will be part of it. She then talks up drug point, which I think people are playing up to distract us. Soounds very much like she wants lynch, but does not want to partake in it.

And here is Barbara quote my accusation refers to.

Is it almost lunch time yet? I'm eager to see who these 'stone-casters' are going to vote for.

You don't need to get high on drugs if you can get high on life. Many actors, athletes, and singers do Yoga before their various filming, games, and performances. It relaxes and calms the mind, and it makes you more flexible.

Namaste everyone! :sweet:

You see? Useless and pro random vote. :sceptic:

It was clear from the time he said it. Hopw would you connect a drug addiction with the game..of life? He may be "manipulated by the scum", but how shall that work? The only thing I might think of would be that he isn't immune against conversion. But every suspicion based on that comment, even the slightiest, is absolutely idiotic. Or a scum move.

Sorry, that was poorly worded. I meant, "it was never made clear that you were just roleplaying, and not attempting to distract us". Which is a rather significant bit of information, obviously, because if there's someone trying to distract us, we lynch that person.

No no no. I am sorry. I am suspect of both, but have already present my case against Barbara. I decided to also present case against Benji, because I am also suspect of him, but I said out of those two, I guess Barbara is the most suspect.

And here is Barbara quote my accusation refers to.

You see? Useless and pro random vote. :sceptic:

I too have been suspicious of Barbara because of her silence. Like I said before, we'll most likely find scum among those who are trying to fly under the radar.

As much as I hate to believe my beloved wife ( :wub: ) is scum, I, too, am beginning to become suspicious of her. Though she did act like this in the situation I was in just before this one.

I agree that scum are likely to attempt to fly under the radar on this first day instead of going all out on accusations that can hardly be supported. On the other hand, we must be aware that they would also gladly take a lynched townie as a freebie. Just how much they would dare to push for a conviction, that's the question.

Those who have brought forward names are to be thanked for their courage in doing so, despite meagre evidence. They have given us food for thought, though I'm not sure that any of it is sufficient ground for a conviction. I like the idea of voting for a non-participative person, even though today may not be a such a good day to gauge participation. It's difficult to make oneself useful with so little to go on.

Sorry, that was poorly worded. I meant, "it was never made clear that you were just roleplaying, and not attempting to distract us". Which is a rather significant bit of information, obviously, because if there's someone trying to distract us, we lynch that person.

Oh, I see. But still, he didn't make a big thing out of his drug abuse, it looked like pure roleplay to me, if it was an distraction attempt, it wasn't an elaborated one. Some roleplay, that doesn't add to the discussion, is not automatically distraction, but merely usual and even kinda oblique on day one. The person to bring it up as something to be talked about (which therefore would interfere with other discussions) was Nika. Not saying she scum, but I am suspect of her, because what she did might be a scum moveunlike roleplaying.

Oh, I see. But still, he didn't make a big thing out of his drug abuse, it looked like pure roleplay to me, if it was an distraction attempt, it wasn't an elaborated one. Some roleplay, that doesn't add to the discussion, is not automatically distraction, but merely usual and even kinda oblique on day one. The person to bring it up as something to be talked about (which therefore would interfere with other discussions) was Nika. Not saying she scum, but I am suspect of her, because what she did might be a scum moveunlike roleplaying.

What I found most unusual was how when he was asked about it, he responded with more roleplaying. Maybe he misinterpreted the question and decided to continue roleplaying, but either way, he wasn't exactly helpful until we started to suspect him.

I've given my defense. I'm sorry the medium in which my comments were made do not allow for readers to determine the exact tone of voice in which it was meant. I would continue to debate single points with you, Petra, but I don't want to distract from anything else that might be going on.

I'm willing to listen to anyone else's theories. Dazzle me, geniuses.

Thank you, Petr, for bringing your suspicions forward for all of us to see. I agree that Barbara hasn't contributed anything yet, but with a group this big, flying under the radar is really easy for the scum - just speak up a few times with nothing consequential to say. I don't know if we'll hit the "jackpot" so to speak just by voting for the one who has spoken the least.

But what comes to Benji, your quotes showed some pretty scummy behaviour there. He's giving off the illusion of contribution, but really doesn't. Out of these two, I'd be more inclined to vote for Benji.

What do others think, should we go after either Barbara or Benji? I don't think we'll get anywhere with the Eugene vs. Nika case, but it's good to keep an eye on them in the future.

What do others think, should we go after either Barbara or Benji? I don't think we'll get anywhere with the Eugene vs. Nika case, but it's good to keep an eye on them in the future.

I agree, I don't think the Eugene vs. Nika case is going to get much farther. It basically hinges around roleplaying, and as has been said that's not the greatest thing to base a lynch on. If it came down to Barbara or Benji, I think I'd vote Benji only because Barbara has acted like this before*.

*and no, that is not me roleplaying her husband. As I've said, she acted a lot like this in the situation I was in just before this one.

I'm sorry I have not been able to bicker back and forth uselessly all day.

I've posted short posts simply starting how I feel or think at the time. Since there is zero evidence, obviously I don't want to randomly vote for someone. But I am scared of not voting due to the threat from the host that there will be a penalty, that's why your getting conflicting views from me.

I want to vote to avoid a penalty, but I don't want to vote randomly knowing we'll likely kill a townie by mistake. See my struggle?

As for my vague accusation, I was simply stating something I noticed, I didn't see him murder someone, just a weird thing he did. Obviously no one else shared my concern so why bring it up again.

I hate how people get judged for not writing a book every time they post, it doesn't mean I'm not reading through carefully and trying to make sense of it all like the rest of us.

That's what you say. In my opinion, according to Denis theory, that the penality will be most likely losing a vanilla townie,<snip>

:hmpf:

I said nothing of the sort. I said we don't know what the penalty is, and at worst I think it will be a vanilla townie. Big Cam too, don't put words in my mouth.

The guy in the sky said there will be a penalty. That is vague. That is why I don't worry about a conviction.

My suspicions at this point are this:

Barbara/Bob is really inane, to the point of saying nothing often. I think that is a scum tactic, or simply someone being inane.

The person pinging my scumdar in a heavy way is Petr/Zepher. There are a number of reasons, which isn't good on day one. The first is the ridiculous fake accent. He took his role-playing to a new level with that, and then later said:

It's the people trying to distract us with it that are not helping town.

Really, that accent is the most distracting thing I've seen in this thread.

More suspicious is this: He said he found some people suspicious, then when called on it, he quickly told us people he didn't think were scummy; http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58660&view=findpost&p=1045401

He also misquoted me, like Peanuts and Big Cam above. I said Whitefang seemed town, Zeph said I trusted him. For Peanuts and Big Cam, it seems that they just have trouble reading, but for Zeph, I think he is deliberately misrepresenting me; a gutâ„¢ reaction.

<gutâ„¢ is a trademark of Captain Tammo>

He let us know that he thought Whitefang, Brickdoctor and I are town. It's really easy for scum to 'get' 'town' vibes, especially on debatable players like me, when they are scum. Since he would know I'm not in the mafia, he can use that as evidence later when I die and show as town.... And I always die.

In the past, Retr/Zeph has tried to be inscrutable in games, and today he's been quite aggressive. It could be that he's innocent, and this is how he acts when he's innocent. But in Bloodbrick he was quite conservative, and innocent town. He's had some off behaviour that makes him the main candidate I have for scum.

Vote: Petr/Zepher

I'm sorry if this is your Town game.

And Peanuts, Big Cam, please double-check before you post.

The person pinging my scumdar in a heavy way is Petr/Zepher. There are a number of reasons, which isn't good on day one. The first is the ridiculous fake accent. He took his role-playing to a new level with that, and then later said:

I'm still not sure if we have enough info to convict anyone, but to back Denis' statement up, it's been pointed out to me that Petr also said that Eugene's drug thing was a distraction, but completely ignored what Barbara's been doing with the yoga.

I'm still not sure if we have enough info to convict anyone, but to back Denis' statement up, it's been pointed out to me that Petr also said that Eugene's drug thing was a distraction, but completely ignored what Barbara's been doing with the yoga.

I really don't think we need to worry about convicting day one, regardless of the 'penalty,' but I think everyone should vote.

Is okay to accuse me. I will address your points, but I understand. Everyone is suspect.

My accent is not something new. Many people have used accents before. In fact, Ivan, great leader of town, played a whole game with accent and helped win. So, as I say, I do not think that how people act (roleplaying) is any grounds for accusation. I did not think accent was too hard to figure out, if so, I can go to night school, or even day school, and learn English much better very quickly. :tongue: I only drop article, should not be too hard to figure out.

I think that my use of the word trust has confused people. Trust simply means, to me, especially for the first few days, you will not be voting for said person. When I say I trust someone, I mean that there are people I find more suspicious than the person I "trust". It does not mean that I am going to go around telling everyone I "trust" everything.

I change the way I play, it's true. I find it boring to always play the same technique, so I'm trying something new and getting the ball rolling. In a game with 28, that is what I think needs doing, in a game with 13, I would never do it. This is why looking at specific people's previous actions in previous lives is bad, they HOPEFULLY learn something from other lives, and their play will change because of it.

Also, we all have names in this town. :laugh: I am Petr. PETR. No one named Zepher is here. This is why I need to refer to myself in third person sometimes. So you all remember.

I apprecitate that you all think the argument will get no-where and I have made my points and my vote will stand. However I am too tired to argue at the moment and I think we have come to a standstill having both made our points. Whatever we do now is for us all to decide.

And speaking of putting words in mouths, I did not say Eugene talking about his drugs was a distraction, but rather everyone bringing it up over and over again was. I don't mind him mentioning it every once in a while in the middle of a post that actually has points. And Barbara has posted... once. And I called her out on the post... so... :wacko:

And speaking of putting words in mouths, I did not say Eugene talking about his drugs was a distraction, but rather everyone bringing it up over and over again was. I don't mind him mentioning it every once in a while in the middle of a post that actually has points. And Barbara has posted... once. And I called her out on the post... so... :wacko:

The reference to yoga is debatable, but you did accuse Barbara of continuing the distraction (perhaps 'accuse' isn't the best word, but you get my meaning), so, okay, my bad.

Though Barbara has spoken twice Today, albeit both times contributing virtually nothing to the discussion.

Is okay to accuse me. I will address your points, but I understand. Everyone is suspect.

No hard feelings. We all need to place a vote.

Now this is enlightening. Petr voted for Barbara, and immediately Denis came in to turn against Petr.

Like I said earlier, you Petr shouldn't use the word "trust" so carelessly, and hearing you have your own definition for the word makes it sound like an emergency lie. You can't say you trust someone and then say trust means just "not voting for them" for you. Those are two completely different things! I wouldn't vote for the large majority of this group today because of lack of evidence, but I still do not trust a single one of them.

But I do not like the way Denis attacked you, either. At this hour of the day, it feels like you are trying to divide the votes to protect someone, Denis. You already said you are not afraid of the penalty, but that's not something a Townie would choose over potentially ousting a mobster. Voting is our best weapon against the Mafia, and we should focus our votes. I understand being suspicious of Petr, but flat-out voting for him before waiting for other people's opinions is alarming.

Five people have so far been under scrutiny, and three people have already gotten votes. We still have time to unite our votes, though. It's just a matter of choosing our sides.

I'm inclined to vote: Barbara/BobtheConstructionMan, because Denis jumped in to defend her. I'd rather vote for Denis or Benji, though, but I just preached about not dividing votes so I can't do that myself. I will switch my vote if the majority seems to go after either one of those two, though.

More suspicious is this: He said he found some people suspicious, then when called on it, he quickly told us people he didn't think were scummy; http://www.eurobrick...dpost&p=1045401

That's something that's been bothering me; I can understand why he wouldn't want to share his suspicions, but why would he share his 'gut feelingsâ„¢' about people he 'trusts'? It's way too early to be trusting anyone.

He also misquoted me, like Peanuts and Big Cam above. I said Whitefang seemed town, Zeph said I trusted him. For Peanuts and Big Cam, it seems that they just have trouble reading, but for Zeph, I think he is deliberately misrepresenting me; a gutâ„¢ reaction.

I think he misspoke when he said that you trust him. He probably meant that you think of him as a townie.

On a completely unrelated note, why did you give the citizens of our town nicknames? :wacko:

<gutâ„¢ is a trademark of Captain Tammo>

I swear, I'm using my head this time! :blush:

He let us know that he thought Whitefang, Brickdoctor and I are town. It's really easy for scum to 'get' 'town' vibes, especially on debatable players like me, when they are scum. Since he would know I'm not in the mafia, he can use that as evidence later when I die and show as town.... And I always die.

You know, when you first started going off about how losing a vanilla townie is better than taking a risk, I thought that you were scum. But then I reexamined your statements, and I came to the conclusion that it's unlikely that you are scum because you're being so outspoken. Petr probably came to that same conclusion about you.

Well, you said yourself, the disturbing thing about Eugene's role-playing is that he responded to your questions with more role-playing. How could you forget that?

I really don't think we need to worry about convicting day one, regardless of the 'penalty,' but I think everyone should vote.

While I do think that we should try to come to a conviction today, I doubt that we will. There's just no way that fifteen people are going to be able to agree on one person today.

I change the way I play, it's true. I find it boring to always play the same technique, so I'm trying something new and getting the ball rolling. In a game with 28, that is what I think needs doing, in a game with 13, I would never do it. This is why looking at specific people's previous actions in previous lives is bad, they HOPEFULLY learn something from other lives, and their play will change because of it.

That's true, but the game that Denis was talking about had 31 people in it. That's three more than the game... of life we're in right now.

And Barbara has posted... once. And I called her out on the post... so... :wacko:

Actually, she's posted twice, but both posts have been pretty useless.

:hmpf:

I said nothing of the sort. I said we don't know what the penalty is, and at worst I think it will be a vanilla townie. Big Cam too, don't put words in my mouth.

The guy in the sky said there will be a penalty. That is vague. That is why I don't worry about a conviction.

More suspicious is this: He said he found some people suspicious, then when called on it, he quickly told us people he didn't think were scummy; http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58660&view=findpost&p=1045401

He also misquoted me, like Peanuts and Big Cam above. I said Whitefang seemed town, Zeph said I trusted him. For Peanuts and Big Cam, it seems that they just have trouble reading.

And Peanuts, Big Cam, please double-check before you post.

I revisited what was previously said, and you are right, I did misquote you. My apologizes there. :look:

I, Petr, would like to fix something before anyone goes saying I am misguiding. BARBARA HAS POSTED TWICE. I did not see her second post, I must have skimmed over it. I am deeply sorry and am not trying to cause everyone to work for scum by that move. :grin:

Well, you said yourself, the disturbing thing about Eugene's role-playing is that he responded to your questions with more role-playing. How could you forget that?

I'm not forgetting it. All I said was that we didn't have enough to convict someone on, and then I repeated something someone else told me.