XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

If you look at grogall's high-res picture, it's clear that the Sandtroopers do have sand printing on their actual legs.

I can't believe it, well actually I can. But anyway, the dirt spots are tin the exact same spots. I mean they could've printed two differetn helmets, torsos, and legs.

The 2 1x1 cones at the front look shiny as well.

Yes, I just noticed that too. I'm sure the cones and stud on top are shiny while the other parts are not.

If you look at grogall's high-res picture, it's clear that the Sandtroopers do have sand printing on their actual legs.

Darn that's a shame.

I too was hoping to use them on my Stormies and Clones.

Also like Praiter Yed pointed out it's not just on the feet which would have been alright but on the knees too.

Still I agree that the legs of the ARC will be handy for both the ARF and Commander Fox with the colour schemes.

It's funny how the ARF Troopers in the battle packs so far have the most interesting helmets but not so much the body where we have to pull the other Clones body and legs to create a sweet figure :laugh:

Today, I talked to the LEGO Service and got the following information:

10225 R2-D2:

Elements: 2127

Release Date: March 2012

Price: 149.99 GBP

10224 Town Hall (not Star Wars, but also exclusive):

Elements: 2766

10226 Sopwith Camel (not Star Wars, but also exclusive):

Elements: 883

Release Date: June 2012

Price: 84.99 GBP

No sign of the 10227 B-wing yet, but it is also in the system, but no information.

I hope you enjoy the news.

For R2-D2 and Town Hall, it sounds FANTASTIC!!!

greetings Hendrik

10225 R2-D2:

10224 Town Hall (not Star Wars, but also exclusive):

Elements: 2766

10226 Sopwith Camel (not Star Wars, but also exclusive):

Elements: 883

Release Date: June 2012

Price: 84.99 GBP

No sign of the 10227 B-wing yet, but it is also in the system, but no information.

I hope you enjoy the news.

For R2-D2 and Town Hall, it sounds FANTASTIC!!!

greetings Hendrik

Maybe Lego could be nice and release pictures of 10224 Town Hall and 10225 USC R2-D2 on christmas, so we can have something to look forward too!? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

10225 R2-D2:

Thanks for that! :thumbup:

Sounds very promising indeed! Not a small piece count for a sculpture by any means...

Yes, I just noticed that too. I'm sure the cones and stud on top are shiny while the other parts are not.

I hate to spoil the exitement, but it very much looks like all light bley to me, except for the little astromech stud on top. Would've been a nice touch if they used silver parts though.

*snip*

Thanks for the info! Too bad they didn't have anything on the B-Wing yet, i'd love to get some more info on that set (especially pics :wink: )

2127 parts for R2? While I was hoping for over 3k, that's enough to make a detailed R2 in a reasonable price range.

So I'm thinking a Sandcrawler build (bricks instead of plates)? About a foot high (.3 m)?

Maybe Lego could be nice and release pictures of 10224 Town Hall and 10225 USC R2-D2 on christmas, so we can have something to look forward too!? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:thumbup: Make it happen grogall, make it happen.

Every day that passes, and more information comes out, and that makes me look forward to the UCS R2-D2 even more. I missed out on Yoda and Darth Maul, I will not miss out on that. Also, larger news, I found this picture of the new sandtrooper on ebay. The new head looks interesting,although I kind of like having my Imperial Army be faceless and menacing.

post-5179-132320009787.jpg

Edited by Huntleyfx

Every day that passes, and more information comes out, and that makes me look forward to the UCS R2-D2 even more. I missed out on Yoda and Darth Maul, I will not miss out on that. Also, larger news, I found this picture of the new sandtrooper on ebay. The new head looks interesting,although I kind of like having my Imperial Army be faceless and menacing.

Wow! We haven't seen the likes of this since Jango Fett. I do really like the idea, and it will become very useful for MOCs and such, but I get what you mean by faceless Stormies. Still, this is great news!

Hm interesting to see a face under the sandtrooper helmet. Pretty cool too, but I hope that this change goes out to all of the Stormtrooper minifigs too, it would be nice to get a head like this in the upcoming Battle Pack, especially if the Scout Trooper got a similar head with a printed visor, like the original ones from 1999 or 2000.

I likes dat head. Very interestin'.

The B-wing and R2-D2 sound great as well as the Sopwith Camel though its not Star Wars.

Thanks for the news.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

Hmm, it would appear that that is almost exactly the same head that the TIE Fighter Pilot in the 9492. I say 'almost' because there is no stubble on this face. Still, the faces are a welcome change of 'face', if you would excuse the pun, for TLG. Something like this hasn't been seen since 2002(2003?). I can only hope this means that the EP2 Clones, if we get any, will have faces. :classic:

Here is the ebay auction Huntleyfx was probably referring to (great find, by the way! :thumbup: ); the picture there is a bit larger than the one Huntleyfx attached.

I don't know if the face is exactly the same as the one the new TIE pilot has, but I like the change anyway - compared to all the detailled printing on the torso and the legs, a plain black head would seem a bit out of place. You won't see the face most of the time anyway, and since the price isn't extraordinarily I really welcome this change :classic:

Good news all round. The R2 D2 sounds good but a bit expensive so I might pass on that. But still to see pictures. For the stormies I was quite happy with the plain face,Inever have seen a storm trooper with his helmet off (unless you count Han and Luke ) so I am not a fan of that

First the R2 sounds geat cant wait until we see pics. It will be a must by even befor I see it.

I think its nice to get faces on the stormies but why does it look grey in colour? It it like Darth and his face has no colour as it never see the light of day, but surly stormies take their helmets off and get a tan when they go on holiday :laugh: . Vader cant survive with out his helmet.

I just noticed something about the Jedi Interceptor set:

As we all know, the little lava droid and platform that Obi-Wan and Anakin fight on are included in theset, but why I didn't noticed until now is that the two little platforms are sitting on some clear cylinder pieces and under that are little round sections of orange fire and such, representing the lava beneath the Jedi and Sith. Look closely, and you'll see it. I just thought it was a cool detail for LEGOto include.

Edited by Fives

First the R2 sounds geat cant wait until we see pics. It will be a must by even befor I see it.

I think its nice to get faces on the stormies but why does it look grey in colour? It it like Darth and his face has no colour as it never see the light of day, but surly stormies take their helmets off and get a tan when they go on holiday :laugh: . Vader cant survive with out his helmet.

I'm guessing it's just a bad printing job on black plastic. Unfortunately, it's not too uncommon.

I'm guessing it's just a bad printing job on black plastic. Unfortunately, it's not too uncommon.

I agree. We saw this with the white over the orange on the clones this year, it seems to be a major issue any time a lighter color is printed over a darker color.

Two reasons:

a)The print could be preliminary

b)bad lighting

The reason I say this is because the print on the TIE Fighter Pilot's face is perfectly normal. The only other reason I can think of for the bad printing is that it is a custom, which is all too likely. :sadnew: