Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Two

I agree, the town hall is a good place to start.

The military guns could be a sign that the commies are undercover as military.

"I'll have you know," the Congressman starts. "That what I was told was classified by the U.S. Gover-" he stops himself quickly, controlling his anger.

You know Congressman Bob, for a politician you are a terrible liar.

I happen to know the meaning of "classified." If any of you want more information about what happened, just ask Congressman Loose-Lips over there. :hmpf_bad:

Although that note on the water makes me really wonder if what was said is God's honest truth. For now that's all any of you need to know.

I would like to go to the Town Hall. I am pretty familiar with the offices, and can point out hiding places others might overlook.

Maybe the guy who landed here "abducted" mayor and congressman to "inform the VIPs". Might be an agent for the government.

I'll trade the life vest to Gloria for the hat in case she wants to dive in again.

Maybe the guy who landed here "abducted" mayor and congressman to "inform the VIPs". Might be an agent for the government.

I'll trade the life vest to Gloria for the hat in case she wants to dive in again.

No way, i am keeping the hat, it makes me look stylish :laugh:

No way, i am keeping the hat, it makes me look stylish :laugh:

Fine, keep your soggy hat. I look nifty already. The life vest is probably more useful anyway. I'll be prepared if any communists try to drown me. :tongue:

I wonder if Gloria checked the hat for lice.

Oh, er, I must have fainted after discovering the Mayor was missing! We owe this towns success to him and the decisions of him and the town council, thank God he's back safe! Yes, the Town Hall. Maybe I can point out some things as well, that others might overlook, being a Councilman and all. Now come, we must make haste! No time to wait around.

I also opt to head to the Town Hall, and I would like to keep a watchful eye over Mayor Bradford in case someone tries anything again.

Well, that was a lot of excitement. And stuff. Hellooooo nurse, er, lifeguard.

Ok, seriously, I've got nothing here, you people talk too much and I haven't had time to read absorb it all. I'll go wherever you think is best for now.

Well done everyone, we have discovered some excellent clues here. The situation is worse than I thought, these commie bastards were planning something big. I'm glad the mayor and congressman are back safely, we should try to avoid going off on our own in future.

You lot decide where you want to go next while I make some notes on what we've discovered.

Hellooooo nurse, er, lifeguard.

Don't step on my toes, Dieter. You don't wanna get on my bad side.

This one time my buddy Earl ate my lunch. I don't know why he did but it really irked me something awful. So to get back at him, I spiked his coffee with rum. So it's 10 in the morning and he's staggering around the docks like, well, a drunken idiot and the foreman comes over and yells at him. Well, Earl throws up all over the jerk's shoes. To make a long story short, Earl got suspended without pay for a couple o' weeks. Man, he was mad when he found out I did it, clocked me one in the jaw. Lost a tooth. Ahhh, good times.

What was I saying?

I decide not to trade my wonderful life vest for Gloria's lice-ridden hat.

Wait a minute people, I know we're all keen on checking out the Town Hall, but there was trouble in the Department store just moments ago, and it could be that the kidnapper has left some clues behind? Don't you think it might be worth investigating that first? :look:

Anyway, if everyone goes to the Town Hall I will go too.

Wait a minute people, I know we're all keen on checking out the Town Hall, but there was trouble in the Department store just moments ago, and it could be that the kidnapper has left some clues behind? Don't you think it might be worth investigating that first? :look:

Anyway, if everyone goes to the Town Hall I will go too.

Perhaps, but I dont think the clues will walk away, we can go there afterwards.

Everyone converges on Town Hall.

img_0276.jpg

"Let me teach you about the Town Hall. All you'll find on the basement floor are jail cells and the police armory. The first floor is reception, records, and a few offices. The second floor is the squad room and the Town Council Chambers. The third floor is the courtroom and my office. The fourth floor is the smallest, and it's storage, as well as access to the roof." Mayor Bradford explains.

The rest of the town is eerily silent, and the townsfolk can't shake the feeling they're being watched as they enter the building.

Which floor would you like to go to first?

I say we start on the roof and work our way down to the basement

I would say, let's proceed orderly, we could start with the basement and work our way up?

Should we start from the bottom and work our way up? Or do you want to start at the top and work down? Or should we split up?

Personally, I'd prefer to start at the bottom and work up, but I'll go with whatever everyone else wants.

What is across the street from Town Hall?

I am throwing my hat in for the bottom up.

I would like to check the doorways and see if there is anything under the doors.

Should we start from the bottom and work our way up? Or do you want to start at the top and work down? Or should we split up?

I say we go from top to bottom, all together as a large group; much less chance of being dragged of by commies.

I say we start on the roof and work our way down to the basement

Valerie suggests the group work their way down.

I would say, let's proceed orderly, we could start with the basement and work our way up?

Farmer Simmons suggests that the group work their way up.

Personally, I'd prefer to start at the bottom and work up, but I'll go with whatever everyone else wants.

What is across the street from Town Hall?

The Hospital and the Fire Department are across the street.

I think bottom up sounds more reasonable.

Did the lifeguard come with us?

The lifeguard is getting ready for your date.

I am throwing my hat in for the bottom up.

I would like to check the doorways and see if there is anything under the doors.

Gloria looks in the archways of the door, there's nothing there.

I think that splitting up would be the best option. If we start at the top it may allows whoever is on there to escape and is we start at the bottom the same will happen. So I suggest-

I would like to start at the top leaving one person at the entrance.

I say bottom to top. We will know if anyone tries to leave out the front door then.

I would like to move from bottom to top.

Does anyone else want to split up? I personally think it's a bad idea.