Superkalle

[KEY TOPIC] LDD 4 Bugs and brick errors

I'm very pleased to announce that LDD is once again working properly. ( for me ) :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm a little computer challenged, so I thought to download this program ( older version ) from a reliable 2nd party, after clearing out the former software from my Laptop. :wink:

I really don't know if this made a difference or not, but the good thing was after downloading the software and then hitting 'running', the software prompts to load a .8 version and it begins by showing "Loading Patch", then it shows "Loading Bricks", I think 5 times. Then after "Updating" the program finally starts and it DOES'NT CRASH!!! :excited:

Hooray, I'm a very happy camper, now back to building........... :laugh:

The 4x4 wedge piece http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=47753 has a new collision error. It won't let anything connect to the highest most connection point underneath it. It was working properly prior to the update.

Here is a pic showing the bug. http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/LDDbugs/wedge_brick_glitch.png. The wedge on the left shows that bricks can't attach to the lower set of connections while the one on the right shows that the upper set still allows connections. I've tried using 1x1 pieces and round pieces and even 1x2 jumpers. Nothing seems to connect to that spot.

Edited by Takanuinuva

The 4x4 wedge piece http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=47753 has a new collision error. It won't let anything connect to the highest most connection point underneath it. It was working properly prior to the update.

Hm, that was actually a quite serious one since it will break any model that use that (fairly common) brick (besides the fact that the brick itself isn't usable anymore).

I've just noticed this issue. This one is very disturbing... :hmpf_bad:

By the way, I wonder if there is a way to access the old legacy colors palette.

screen_shot_2014-06-23_at_11.23.50_pm.png

New Train Motor 54754 causes collision errors with its little outer hooks. These 'buffer hooks' do not allow bricks (e.g. plates) to be fitted on them. As an example, see the rear bogie of the engine in the lxf of set 60052.

Brickversion 1564 introduces a new boundary error in 47753 (Brick 4x4 with Bow/Angle). See picture.

47753_collision_error_bv1564.jpg

- 1x1 Round Plates do not attatch to the top of 95343 BUCKET.

- 73200 MINI LOWER PART does not connect to 3660 ROOF TILE 2X2/45 INV..

- 3675 CORNER OUTSIDE 3X3/25° does not let 2714 TECHNIC STICK fit in its underside (i.e. set

10243, book 1, page 60).

- 32000 BRICK 1X2 M. 2 HOLES Ø4,87 does not let 4599 TAP Ø4.9/6.4 attach to its technic holes.

Edited by Stephan

- 1x1 Round Plates do not attatch to the top of 95343 BUCKET.

About this I can mention that it's a so called "loose connection", i.e. it doesn't have any clutch power, and that's the reason it won't attach. Still, maybe it could be reasoned it should have connectivity since it's otherwise hard to put the round plate it in place - at least for someone that is not used to various "work arounds" in LDD.

Here is a pic showing the bug. http://www.brickshel...ick_glitch.png. The wedge on the left shows that bricks can't attach to the lower set of connections while the one on the right shows that the upper set still allows connections. I've tried using 1x1 pieces and round pieces and even 1x2 jumpers. Nothing seems to connect to that spot.

Are you kidding me right now! Im right in the middle of a project! Is there a way to revert back to an earlier version?

^ It is somewhat annoying - if they modify an existing piece, the sensible thing to do should be to test that it "works" before applying it to the update patch...

I thought I should point it out. Any brick with a 1x1 stud should be able to attach to any technic pin hole. Specifically the 1x1 round plates

I thought I should point it out. Any brick with a 1x1 stud should be able to attach to any technic pin hole. Specifically the 1x1 round plates

Just tried it with a bunch of parts and I found only 1 part that wouldn't connect to technic brick: a 1x1x6 pole : http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=43888 it won't go in. All other including 1x1 round plate attached just fine.

1x1 plates (both round and square) should attach to any Technic hole in LDD. There are some exceptions, but for the most part it should work. The plates are allowed because they are normally only used as decorations. One exception is the Technic pulley wheel (4185) because in that case the stud will not seat properly/fully due to the irregular shape of the wheel.

As for 1x1 bricks (both round and square), they should normally not attach to a technic hole in LDD. The reason is that this technique is generally not allowed as a legal technique at LEGO. With a 1x1 brick, they are concidered more building/structural elements and it's not generally allowed to use the technic hole for "normal" building. There's only been a very few cases in recent times where a 1x1 brick attaches to Technic hole in offical LEGO sets. One of them was in a SW-set speeder (can't remember exactly which), where a 1x1 round brick was attached to a Technic hole, and for that reason it also works in LDD. Another case that works is the studs on the side of bricks, for exampe the "1x1 bricks with stud on the side". I think this technique was used in one of the Holidays sets (last year?)

1x1 plates (both round and square) should attach to any Technic hole in LDD.

What about these?

:thumbdown:

- toggel joint 32126 still does not allow stud connection (link)

- panels 87080 and 87086 still do not allow stud connection (link)

What about these?

:thumbdown:

- toggel joint 32126 still does not allow stud connection (link)

- panels 87080 and 87086 still do not allow stud connection (link)

These have allready been reported to the LDD Team some time ago. I don't know when they will be fixed, but let's hope for the next brickset.

These have allready been reported to the LDD Team some time ago. I don't know when they will be fixed, but let's hope for the next brickset.

I know you are doing your best, thank you for your effort! :wink:

I just wanted to point out that there are several cases when plates don't connect (like most of the technic panels)

I know you are doing your best, thank you for your effort! :wink:

Thanks and no problem. :classic:

I just wanted to point out that there are several cases when plates don't connect (like most of the Technic panels)

How do you mean "most of". I'd say it's the opposite - most of them have connectivity, see attached image.

post-4755-0-85735100-1414528108_thumb.png

Thanks and no problem. :classic:

How do you mean "most of". I'd say it's the opposite - most of them have connectivity, see attached image.

Yes, "most of" is not valid. However panels 44352 and 44353 have issues too, these are missing from your picture.

In LDD, part 91049, plate round 2x2 2/3 w. 1 knob, has a connection for a cross-axle. In real life the part does not have a cross-axle connection, but a stud connection on the underside.

In LDD, part 91049, plate round 2x2 2/3 w. 1 knob, has a connection for a cross-axle. In real life the part does not have a cross-axle connection, but a stud connection on the underside.

True, it should be a triangle shape if I remember correctly.

True, it should be a triangle shape if I remember correctly.

Yes, it has three nubs or protrusions, spaced 120° apart, inside the hole - not a cross-axle holder

Maybe nitpicking, but some similar elements are not grouped together appropriately. For example, part 57518, "track element, 5x1, 5" in black, DSG, and MSG are grouped in with the Technic pins and connectors, while part 88323, "track element, 5x1,5" in dark brown, black, and DSG, are grouped in with the wheel elements. Shouldn't revised or different versions of the same part be in the same groupings in the brick palette section?

Well, you are right JGW3000. From what I've understood, the reason it is like this is because LDD uses the internal Brick categorisation structure at TLG, which is used also internally by designers, manufacturing etc. And in that structure, only new/current bricks get moved to updated categories. Therefore old and new versions of the same brick can end up in different categories.

But I agree...it is annoying and takes away a bit of the use of the categoires in LDD, if you can't trust them fully.

The technic clutch drivingring (#6539) can't be moved inside the 16T clutch gear (#6542) where it was possible in previous versions (if I open up older files the gears are being removed). It is still possible to move the drivingring inside the clutch middle ring (#32187) and that also fits inside the gear...

So which part is off now???

If the driving ring is too big it shouldn't fit in the middle ring, but it does.

If the gear is too small, the middle ring shouldn't fit in, but it does.