KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Out of box pics!

You are a wonderful person.

The Clone Commander also has leg printing. :sweet:

You should know by now, Lego names things whatever they want. :wink: Still, that name is easier to kids who recognize the clone, but don't really remember the name. (Kind of like me...)

More leg printing is amazing. :wub: A shame the ARF doesn't have any, but he never had any to begin with, did he?

The Pilot's face looks a lot like Captain Jag, and the wings rotate :thumbup:

So it is a black clone pilot helmet. Awesome! The black head is a bonus- I'd prefer that over a generic pilot head any day. The silver astromech is absolutely beautiful. :wub:

The wings rotate, too? I really wasn't expecting that.

Nice to see that we're getting leg printing in the battlepacks too. I have the feeling they will make a new Jango Fett, since the Deathwatch kinda look like him, except for the blue colors - which should be different.

Indeed. I'm hoping for a dark bley body, with silver prints and silver helmet/jetpack/pistol parts, similar to the lightsabers. Think how shiny that would be. :wub:

As for the OT debate- TCW is what's popular right now, and we'll just have to tolerate it. In the meanwhile, we can snap up the goodies that TCW is offering- new molds, prints, and generic-enough ships that don't necessarily have to be TCW. Personally, I hope the designers use this time to come up with some really fantastic OT sets for the future.

The T-6 cockpit is nice, if not a bit too much, and I thought the red was supposed to be dark red. :wacko:

Thanks for those pictures! :)

I think it is dark red, the colors of those pictures are too bright; look at the orange of the Clones.

There were 0 OT sets in 2008...until UCS Death Star came along. I think the lack of OT sets hints at a repeat of this...UCS Cloud City perhaps?

What about the battle packs(Imp Dropship&Speeder)?

Edited by Emperor

great pics prateek (thanks to you as well Navy Trooper Fenson), thanks a lot!!

I'll be getting them all as usual, but finally I know what I'll be getting. :thumbup:

I just noticed that on the box pic of the clone BP there are 2 long guns and 2 shorter guns; on the out-of-the-box pics there are 2 long guns, 1 shorter and 2 small guns. Where did you get those pics, prateek? I wonder which one is wrong...

Thanks Navy Trooper Fenson and Prateek for the pics. I'm still curious about the death watch troopers head. I wonder what it will be.

Nice pictures prateek. My opinions still haven't changed much from the first images we saw. I want them all, but will focus on the smaller sets at first. The Halo and T-6 just doesn't grab me (though the minifig selection is great). The BPs, a V-Wing and the Geonosis set are still my highest priorities.

Now, I know most people think that the Imp pilot is the same one from the Defender, but I have thought for a long time and still do that it might not be. It really looks like the open helmet with some weird printed head beneath it to me, and the little "New Figures" bubble next to it has too many words to just name the astromech. It really looks like it says "Imperial Pilot" as one of the new figures, so either LEGO is just marketing it untruthfully to seem cooler or it is actually different, like I think.

It looks like the pilot has a new torso print.

I'm probably going to buy multiple v-wings and the shuttle.

Edited by simonjedi

such nice pictures, thanks.

It seems both Aurra and Embo got leg printing, which is a definite plus for that set, the silver R2 from V-wing is just stunning and the T6 starts looking better and better to me, though posing that ship on the shelf would be a regular nightmare (like the flat gungan sub it just looks bad).

The set that's going to be on the bottom of my list is the Mandalorian battle-pack, it just doesn't do it for me, 4 similar Mandalorians with non-too-great vehicles/turrets/guns. No, just not that appealing.

Edited by Stegoceras

What about the battle packs(Imp Dropship&Speeder)?

They're classified as Extended Universe, although the figures are still useful.

Edited by StoutFiles

Yay, new pics! With the new developments on the BPs, I may try to pick up one of each, but the others other than the Battle of Naboo are still passes.

For me as a minifigure collector the early 2011 wave is fantastic. So many new and great minifigures to add to my collection. I hope the second wave brings more great minifigs.

I am a bit surprised when I read about people being OT fans or CW fans, etc. In my eyes I have always viewed Star Wars as one and have never distinguished between the different periods/films. A lot of people also moan about the CW sets but to tell the truth if it wasn't for the CW series we probably wouldn't have got all these great minifigures (and ships for that matter).

And I am feeling a bit sorry for the green clone in the battle pack since everyone is lusting after the orange and ARF guys and he only gets mentioned very rarely. :sad:

Edited by legolandia

Great new pics. But I think I like the v-wing best as I dont have many spaceships like this. Also I just hope lego hasn't forgot we OT fans :sad: - only one OT set is pathetic.

Thanks, CB

I'm a big OT fan and would've liked to see more, but I understand, they did come out with a bunch of nice OT sets this past year that will occupy the shelves along with the new stuff coming out, providing balance to the force...

Edited by mrfootball

I'm a big OT fan and would've liked to see more, but I understand, they did come out with a bunch of nice OT sets this past year that will occupy the shelves along with the new stuff coming out, providing balance to the force...

Last year also had more CW sets than OT, even with the 10th Anniversary sets. :sad: So did 2008.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Its my favorite time of year - Good pics of next years sets :sweet:. Thanks for these pics prateek :thumbup:. I like the look of the Mando battle pack and the v-wing, but the rest just dont cut it for me. It will be a good year for star wars (but not we OT fans, if the rumors are believed). I do just hope you're right 'mrfootball' :sceptic:.

Thanks, CB

:sweet::sweet::sweet:

WOW!!! I really like this line up. But is it just me or is it very minifigure based? The battlepacks are musthaves :wub: ! And I feel like getting the droid carier and jedi ship. But if I got a chance I would go ahead to get the other sets too! :grin:

Wow, it's nice to finally see clear official pics! Thanks for sharing NT Fenson and prateek! default_thumbup.gif Now my thoughts on the sets:

Clone BP - looks great, seeing the out-of-the-box photos made me appreciate the BARC more, it's not that bad as it seems. The green clone commander and the bomb squad troopers printings are awesome. The ARF one is good to, but that one is specifically Stak of the Lightning Squadron based on the helmet printing. If one wants to create the other ARFs, they just have to add the blue stripes in the helmet. I still think Arealight's ARF helmet is better, and I will compare the two (when I get the TLG one) to illustrate my point.

Mando BP - great to see that they put four jetpacks there - so the previous problem is now solved!

V-Wing - the cockpit piece is still too large and inaccurate, so we might have to mod the cockpit and the wedge shape if one is gunning for accuracy. But still, the new astromech and black pilot are reasons enough to get this one.

Bounty Hunter Gunship - I think it's about the same as the previous photos, so nothing spectacular here. I just don't see if Sugi have his T-shaped ponytail?

T-6 Shuttle - the ship is still disappointing, but I'm really lovin' Saesee's headpiece print and Shaak's as well. Right from the very start, these two new jedi are in my first-to-buy list.

Battle of Naboo - still as good as previous photos. default_thumbup.gif

Edited by KielDaMan

Woohoo! These pictures are amazing! :wub: I'm really glad Aurra Sing's getting pistols, though I would very much rather the sniper rifle. The Halo is also a beauty.

The V-wing looks very sexy all of a sudden. I'll see if I have enough money to get it, it's not on the top of my list.

Thanks to Navy Trooper Fenson and prateek for the awesome pictures! :thumbup:

I am a bit surprised when I read about people being OT fans or CW fans, etc. In my eyes I have always viewed Star Wars as one and have never distinguished between the different periods/films. A lot of people also moan about the CW sets but to tell the truth if it wasn't for the CW series we probably wouldn't have got all these great minifigures (and ships for that matter).

AMEN. We are all family here, we might have different favorites, but at the end of the day, we are all still SW fans. default_classic.gif

The set that's going to be on the bottom of my list is the Mandalorian battle-pack, it just doesn't do it for me, 4 similar Mandalorians with non-too-great vehicles/turrets/guns. No, just not that appealing.

But they all should look alike --> look. They are the Death Watch Mandos after all, and not the other prehistoric Mandos. default_blink.gif

Woohoo! These pictures are amazing! :wub: I'm really glad Aurra Sing's getting pistols, though I would very much rather the sniper rifle.

What do you mean? If she had a rifle then we wouldn't get new guns. :sceptic:

More leg printing is amazing. default_wubnew.gif A shame the ARF doesn't have any, but he never had any to begin with, did he?

Yeah the leg printing looks good, but personally I'm never a fan of leg and arm prints (for the clones at least), it's too much details for a minifig IMO. They could put the details on the helmet and torso but I still prefer to leave the arms and legs bare and simple.

But they all should look alike --> look. They are the Death Watch Mandos after all, and not the other prehistoric Mandos. default_blink.gif

Prehistoric? We prefer alternate timeline, thank you very much.

I'm surprised only the clone BP has leg printing. It would have been amazing to get Mandos with leg printing- they seem to have a combined armor/holster thing on their thigh. That would make for a great print.

Prehistoric? We prefer alternate timeline, thank you very much.

:laugh:

Back on topic: With the printed legs, I'm definitely getting one (but only one) clone BP, so I can play around with color combinations. First ones will be Cody with Orange legs and Swamp Trooper with green legs.

Edited by Brickdoctor

What do you mean? If she had a rifle then we wouldn't get new guns. :sceptic:

Wait... Those are new guns? :wacko: I didn't notice that! :laugh: Well, she uses the huge sniper rifle more than half the time in the show.

Anyway, who exactly is the 'clone commander' in the Clone BP?

Wait... Those are new guns? :wacko: I didn't notice that! :laugh: Well, she uses the huge sniper rifle more than half the time in the show.

Anyway, who exactly is the 'clone commander' in the Clone BP?

I know someone mentioned a specific Clone Commander a while back, commanderneyo I think. But I don't remember the CC's name. :blush:

I really would love it if we got a new model of rifle (any new gun is good) but at this point I think the pistols are more necessary. I'm hoping Aurra comes out in a magnet set so I can try out the pistol with Han.