WetWired

Batmobile Tumbler Finished!

awesome moc best ive ever seen any chance you could post the pics on how you made it bacause the lxf wont work for me :-(

Thanks for all the praise guys, with the lego digital designer you can export some HTML instructions which I've done and uploaded for anyone who is interested. If that's not enough for you (the camera angle is a bit limited which doesn't help) Let me know and I can probably do a step by step photos of building it, but as you can expect it may take some time to put together.

Click here to view the instructions

Anyway tonight I decided to see what else I could make with the tumbler parts so I pulled it apart and made this a new batwing based of the new batman logo...

LegoTumbler_Alternate_01.jpg

It's nothing special but if you look at it from above

LegoTumbler_Alternate_02.jpg

$31.00 ? That doesn't seem too bad... Might have to utilize one of $5. OFF coupons from BM. ;-)

The one on factory is slightly different, main differences are that a couple of 1x4 black tiles have been replaced with one 1x8 black tile and factory won't let you use 1x2 black tiles so I used black grills instead, mine has a dark bley exhaust, the factory one is light bley, my tires are chrome silver, the factory ones are light bley, the airplane style steering wheel instead of the round one, minor things really

Edited by WetWired

the batwing is genius from the above view, that's true lego fan designer right there

WOW words fail to desceibe how impressed i am with your model, like others have said it is by far the best tumbler that i have ever seen *y*

I think i speak for alot of people out there when i say thank you for making such a great moc, i for one shall be buying one. :-)

Anyone who buys this from lego, or even builds it from their own pieces, I'd love to see photos of it, especially the factory packaging as I don't think I'll ever be able to afford getting one myself from factory

Also if anyone is up for the challenge, I'd love to see it with it's original tan/brown colour scheme like this...

prototype.jpg

Woah, very nice work, on both the tumbler and the Batwing. If you get a chance, could we see the Batwing silhouetted like it happens in the first Batman movie, as I think that'd look pretty cool. I might have to order myself that Tumbler, great design, and reasonably priced :D

Simply amazing, great work. The scale is great for those who aren't fans of the larger set, you have done a simply fantastic job here, the best Tumbler I have seen.

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

Better than the official one IMO! X-D This is one great tumbler, absolutely great! *y*

~Peace

Awesome! That tumbler is simply amazing - far better than TLC's official version coming out this summer. They should have hired you to design their set. ;-)

I don't like the batwing that much - mainly because it doesn't have an enclosed cockpit, but it's still very original, so thumbs up to that as well. *y*

Now, how about a Bat-copter and bat boat? I'm sure you could do great on them. :-)