Sign in to follow this  
Phadeout

[GBW] Troop Movement - Briolui - Little Known Paths

Not short on manpower the Briolui military machine sent a number of small groups in the mountains near their borders with Refnor and Erotema to scout the area for possible staging areas and routes that could be used to allow access deeper into enemy country should the need arise. The terrain seen here isn't too hostile but further into the mountains things would become more challenging undoubtedly..

33872395981_45bb1fe761_z.jpggbwtm1_5 by Phadeout, on Flickr

It was also thought to be a good opportunity for infantry troops to gain some alpine training, with several mountainous regions in the possible conflict zone it was deemed a worthwhile and relatively low risk exercise before any serious hostilities erupted.  Every advantage gained now could pay for itself many times over when the sides warring groups met head on.

33872394131_ce6981a767_z.jpggbwtm1_7 by Phadeout, on Flickr

33872391451_480207fd51_z.jpggbwtm1_2 by Phadeout, on Flickr

33189144203_af9bc471be_z.jpggbwtm1_6 by Phadeout, on Flickr

All the action here takes place in E5 for those interested, whether or not these troops had crossed any borders, well that would be telling...

Great build !

I have to agree with Spud The Viking on the fact that the waterfall is superb !

Good job !

Great looking build! Thick vegetation all around and It captures that pine-tree forest look well. Nicely done:thumbup: 

An excellent job. You really captured the feeling of mountainous terrain with plenty of rocks and the placement of the vegetation is really well done, too. Very similar to a mountain forest you might find in the western U.S. If I had to pick a single favorite part, it would be the waterfall. 

Very nice build Phadeout. I really like how the water is done. I can't wait to see what you do with combat scenes.

Thanks everyone, I'm trying out as many different types of build as I can and obviously I'm sure this will be one of many builds featuring natural elements so I'm pleased to have the praise from you all. 

@Mesabi with you on that. Will be fun to add some carnage to these type of builds as we go!

You've Been Awarded (3) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Such detail for a small build. Love it. Waterfall is a great touch. Nice Job!    

Solid build!  Forested detail, maneuvers over rugged terrain, tall grasses, and a waterfall.  AND, your troops are geared and look like troops.  All of these details result in a great looking build.  Excellent job, keep it up!

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing and Have a Happy Easter!