Hi everyone,

First off, I'll do a little introduction. Even though I've been a member for many years I've mainly just lurked in the shadows, probably because I've felt I don't have the time to build or the expertise to make a contribution.

But there was something about this competition that has me really excited, and so far I've followed all of the participants closely. Then at the weekend when the first entries started being posted, I thought "what the heck, why not". So (if I manage to complete within the VERY short time frame I've allowed myself) this will be my first MOC in nearly six years and my first ever posted to this forum!

I've been building for just four days now, but nevertheless, meet Mr Cuddles.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

The drive is already working, except I haven't worked out where the IR receivers are going yet. It is very dense and compact; a total of 15 box frames so far! The ground clearance is less that 0.5 studs to protect it from flipper bots.

I eventually hope for it to have two large pincers/claws on the front, powered by the LAs, to grip the opponent. This is where the name Mr Cuddles comes from. Then when they are caught and can't escape, a hammer mounted on the top will smash them from above.

Wish me luck!

I will give you a suggestion: use just rim on front. 

Edited by Aventador2004

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

I will give you a suggestion: use just rim on front. 

no need for rims if he uses only 2 wheel drive ;)

good work so far, remind me of kan opener! and welcome back

Edited by PKW

1 hour ago, PKW said:

no need for rims if he uses only 2 wheel drive ;)

good work so far, reming me of kan opener! and welcome back

Thanks! 

You're correct, there are only the two wheels which are individually driven, plus some tiny caster wheels from the 42020 for support. 

25 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I like how robust this looks. Curious to see what you will do with the weapons.

I've been a bit overzealous with box frames and bracing etc so the whole chassis is solid! No flexing or flimsiness. 

After a couple more days of solid building, I have a quick update for you. Weapons are mounted and operational, most of the armour plating is complete around the sides and the armour plating for the top is about 70% designed.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

The pincers/claws can open up to well over 45 studs ensuring no opponent is too big to escape them before the hammer crashes down on them. 

Unfortunately I can't build much tomorrow because of Easter commitments so it will have to be finished off tomorrow evening with the photos and filming for the entry post taking place on Monday.

Talk about cutting it fine! Your impressions so far?

Good News! Mr Cuddles is complete :sweet: Here are a couple more photos for you:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

A few stats about Mr Cuddles:

Weapons = Gripping Claws & Swinging Axe 
Signature move = Grab 'n' stab
Drive = 2x XL motors
Power = 2x Battery Boxes
Axe = 1x L motor
Claws = 1x M motor + 2x Linear Actuators
Control = 2x IR receivers + 2x PF remotes
Weight = 1.85 kg
Defences = Thick armour plating covering all internals, low ground clearance (<0.5 studs), low centre of gravity, VENEMOUS SPINES!
Favourite food = box frames; he has eaten 15 so far!

A quick demo of the functions below. As you can see, all functions operate quickly (drive, claws, axe) which should give him the edge over the slower, more cumbersome entries

So all that's left now is to edit my entry video together! Please let me know your thoughts, I'm really keen to hear them

Edited by JTS
Youtube embedding was not working properly

Entry submitted! Hope you like it!

Some other images from the entry post:

800x450.jpg

800x453.jpg

800x453.jpg

And finally a link to my my Bricksafe where you can find a couple of bonus photos if you're interested :sweet:

Now that was hectic week of building! It's good to be back!