Legostone

[ESL - CH5A] An Unsuspected Surprising Surprise

A Marderian Businessman, who had just secretly started to discuss taking over several ships from a pirate lord, was walking through the dark back streets in King's Port, wanting to tell the authorities about his current progress in the discussion. Unluckily for him, the conversation was overheard by a Garvian Spy who sent out an Assassin right then and there. If he would succeed, it may be possible to take over the discussion with the pirate lord and get the ships for the Garvian fleet.

So, here we are. A dark backstreet in King's Port.

Waiting on the roof of one of the buildings, the assassin notices movement.
33095350476_847ce96866_c.jpg

As the man fits his description, he silently moves off the roof.
33009120741_6cea75d0f9_c.jpg

...he jumps...
33009152561_b4acbc67d0_c.jpg

...and staps the Marderian right into his back. Nobody will be surprised if he will be found in this state - after all, he was talking to a dangerous pirate lord, who would be surprised about his end? 
33009157931_7f5cde7e9b_c.jpg

Nice texturing on the houses, the action shots are also well done. Great entry!

Hmm... black suit... monacle... twirly moustache. Clearly this man was up to no good. And nice work on the mid-leap shot.

Nice job on the buildings. My favorite shot is the mid air shot. Great job on connecting the assassin to the building but yet making him look like he is unattached. What happened to his hand though? Did he lose it jumping out of buildings with knives? :pir-laugh:

Nice to see you building something land based, for once, LS! :pir-grin:

I like the two houses, with their nicely subdued colourscheme. The greenish one is my favourite, and I think the white/tan one could do with a bit more work to make the walls look better, but overall, good work. I like the protruding beams, and the choice of windows are nice too. The story is good too! Your pictures seems a bit yellowish, so perhaps a bit more work on lighting would be useful?

Perhaps it is time for you to try your hand more on shore? (At least then, the rest of us get a chance to keep up with your shipyards! :pir-grin: )

On 2/28/2017 at 0:26 PM, SilentWolf said:

What happened to his hand though? Did he lose it jumping out of buildings with knives? :pir-laugh:

He wasn't always that successful with his assassinations this far:pir-laugh:

15 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Nice to see you building something land based, for once, LS! :pir-grin:

I like the two houses, with their nicely subdued colourscheme. The greenish one is my favourite, and I think the white/tan one could do with a bit more work to make the walls look better, but overall, good work. I like the protruding beams, and the choice of windows are nice too. The story is good too! Your pictures seems a bit yellowish, so perhaps a bit more work on lighting would be useful?

Perhaps it is time for you to try your hand more on shore? (At least then, the rest of us get a chance to keep up with your shipyards! :pir-grin: )

You are forgetting I have a 28 34 DB monthly income from my land based builds:P 
My intention with the walls was a rough look, especially on the white one. And I don't think I've ever actually built houses in this style before, so I'm sure I can improve. Picture quality - I need to buy another desk lamp then:P

Hmmm, not sure if that is a good idea:pir-laugh: My preference in building is certainly with the ships and boats, and land based stuff is just not as exciting. But I guess once upkeep gets added I'll have to get some land based stuff built up...

Thanks to everyone who commented as well :wink:

I like the old weathered look of the two buildings and the colors are nice. The two minifigs both look the part, but I must say these leaping assassins are major risk-takers: one wrong move, and they'd be falling to their own deaths! Keep the land builds coming (and the ships too). :thumbup:

On 3/4/2017 at 10:00 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I spot a current MOC-tendency for "falling assassins". :grin:

Uhhmmm... Might be related to the Challenge :P

3 minutes ago, Captain Dee said:

I like the old weathered look of the two buildings and the colors are nice. The two minifigs both look the part, but I must say these leaping assassins are major risk-takers: one wrong move, and they'd be falling to their own deaths! Keep the land builds coming (and the ships too). :thumbup:

Thanks! It is indeed a risky move - but I guess if they succeed it is well worth it:P
I think I'll remain with my ships (at least mostly:P)