Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Stark

[Book II Challenge V Category A] Through the Avalonian Countryside

32408396622_39ce08826e.jpgChallenge V Cat A by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

Many thoughts were on Farlen's mind as he rode through the Avalonian countryside. A few days ago, he had been ordered by man named Kevan at his Green Rider's headquarters in Albion to carry a message into the Mystic Isles. He was not given much information, besides his destination, Doriath, and a few other news relating to the heir of Historica and the Nocturnian Civil War. While he knew where it was, he only faintly knew about this Doriath place. It was an ancient elven kingdom under the rule of an elf named Brandon. 

While the Green Riders were not supposed to question the contents of the message they were delivering, Farlen could not help but wonder why Doriath was so important to the war. The Kingdom itself only had a force of a few hundred warriors, which could do little in a war where each forced numbered in the thousands. But maybe the elves had something that could help the war effort? Farlen, knowing he should not question the message for too long, closed his thoughts and tried to think about the view. Gods, the view was nice, he thought.

Just then, his thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of two riders behind him. They were galloping, clearly in a rush. He looked behind for a few moments, to see they were wearing foreign looking armor, and were holding the curved swords. Drow, he thought in his mind. He couldn't outrun them, so he quickly stopped his horse, pulled out his sword and shield from his saddle, and shouted, "You will pass no further!"

As expected, the Drow paid little attention to his words, and charged at him. However, through his training, he made quick work of both riders with a few swings of his sword. For a few moments, he stopped to catch his breath and ponder his thoughts. This is dangerous, he thought, and the signs of something bigger. He remembered the last time the Drow dared go on the main roads of Avalonia like that was the Avalonian Civil War. Feeling his mission just got more urgent, he then continued riding towards the nearest Green Rider's post for the night. 

Note: If anyone has a problem with the use of "Green Riders", I will remove that as soon as possible.

I like it! You really positioned the riders well, and I like the road and how the low wall is bending with it. Also a good thing you added the tree, as it gives more depth to the build. good job!

A nice vignette! The posing of the figures is nice. I would recommend adding more foliage to your tree, as it looks rather flat and bare right now. The path, with its varied sizes and colors, though, looks nice.

Nice entry.

A good minifigs posing like others said. The path is well done with that little wall running along it.

good job !

neat build! The stone fence is very cool, and the tree gives a nice, Avalonian background to the scene. :thumbup:

Very nice! The cobblestone looks great here, and I like the low wall. The tree is nice, though as Henjin suggested a few more leaves would be good. I think some small green plates to give a bit of height variation to the rest of the ground would be a nice addition as well :classic:

Quite nice battle posing here! The stone wall running alongside the road and tree help spice up the scene :thumbup:

On 1/28/2017 at 8:23 AM, dathil said:

I like it! You really positioned the riders well, and I like the road and how the low wall is bending with it. Also a good thing you added the tree, as it gives more depth to the build. good job!

On 1/28/2017 at 8:56 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

A nice vignette! The posing of the figures is nice. I would recommend adding more foliage to your tree, as it looks rather flat and bare right now. The path, with its varied sizes and colors, though, looks nice.

On 1/28/2017 at 2:48 PM, Faladrin said:

Nice entry.

A good minifigs posing like others said. The path is well done with that little wall running along it.

good job !

On 1/29/2017 at 4:03 AM, TitusV said:

neat build! The stone fence is very cool, and the tree gives a nice, Avalonian background to the scene. :thumbup:

On 1/30/2017 at 5:31 AM, LittleJohn said:

Very nice! The cobblestone looks great here, and I like the low wall. The tree is nice, though as Henjin suggested a few more leaves would be good. I think some small green plates to give a bit of height variation to the rest of the ground would be a nice addition as well :classic:

On 2/2/2017 at 7:13 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Quite nice battle posing here! The stone wall running alongside the road and tree help spice up the scene :thumbup:

Thank you for all the compliments and suggestions guys. The stone wall idea is from Derfel Cadarn's Guide to Building a Medieval Village, so I'll credit him here.

On 2/9/2017 at 8:46 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

Nice work Brandon! I think a different colored horse would have made it easier to see the second drow.

Thank you!