Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

I heard that the lego batman movie bombed (in a bad way) at the chinese box office. I guess they'd be more interested in the lepin batman movie.

Damn that was a good one :laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

I heard that the lego batman movie bombed (in a bad way) at the chinese box office. I guess they'd be more interested in the lepin batman movie.

There's no clapping emoji, but just well done sir. Well done. 

5 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Lol :laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

But just because you're Chinese (I am) doesn't mean you like Lepin... that's like saying all Canadians like Mega Bloks :wink:

11 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Slightly offensive and quite funny at the same time!

15 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Wouldn't it be The Lepin Batmam Movie instead? :tongue:

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

no.

Edited by LegoShroom

20 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

You get an A+ for the joke.

But seriously, that is interesting. I guess they're just missing out.

Although that brings up an interesting point- if I remember correctly Doctor Who is banned in China because they don't allow time-travel media to be shown. So did they have to cut out the Daleks for the Chinese release, or were audiences just confused by the plunger-armed tin cans?

9 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Not really- it's a joke about the fact that China makes a lot of knockoff LEGO products. It has nothing to do with insulting Chinese people.

5 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

I see what you did there ;)

Given "STAR WNRS", it might be something more like "The Lepin Bntman Movie" :laugh:

22 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

For this very reason, there should be an upvote button. :laugh:

19 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Damn that was a good one :laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

18 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

There's no clapping emoji, but just well done sir. Well done.

17 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Lol :laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

10 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

6 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

1 hour ago, LegoTFGuy said:

4 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

For this very reason, there should be an upvote button. :laugh:

Wow, this is probably the most popular Eurobricks comment I've seen! :grin:

4 hours ago, LegoTFGuy said:

Although that brings up an interesting point- if I remember correctly Doctor Who is banned in China because they don't allow time-travel media to be shown. So did they have to cut out the Daleks for the Chinese release, or were audiences just confused by the plunger-armed tin cans?

"I asked my nerd friends and even they didn't know!"

Where to get the Battle pod tiger suit in KL? I mean is there specific instruction on how to get it. My relatives will travel to Malaysia, would it be available at Legoland?

can't join them because of work stuff. Anyone knows? Thanks!

14 hours ago, LegoTFGuy said:

But seriously, that is interesting. I guess they're just missing out.

Not really- it's a joke about the fact that China makes a lot of knockoff LEGO products. It has nothing to do with insulting Chinese people.

Oh, but it does, insofar as it portrays the general public as having an ignorant attitude towards the original and instead being more interested in knockoffs. The offensive part being that it is not a joke on the expense of Lepin but on the expense of the chinese audience in general. I thought that was fairly obvious.

This just to nitpick, I have no skin in this game and genuinely found it funny.

Recently got The Batmobile & The Scuttler. Both are fantastic sets. Builds were fun, the models are great. Both vehicles are just plain ol' fun. Batman really does have all the best toys. 

On 3/6/2017 at 8:53 PM, BrickHat said:

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but The Brick Fan reports that the battle pod will be coming to Legoland California. So it looks like, as expected, it's getting a wider release.

I'm assuming this means eventually we should see it across the US and/or S@H? Either as a straight sale or maybe a promo?

I do want this but I'm not paying current BL prices of $50 to $80. I would be willing to pay shipping(least expensive available) and the retail price if someone wants to pick one up from Cali for me.

13 minutes ago, Tech Artist said:

I'm assuming this means eventually we should see it across the US and/or S@H? Either as a straight sale or maybe a promo?

I do want this but I'm not paying current BL prices of $50 to $80. I would be willing to pay shipping(least expensive available) and the retail price if someone wants to pick one up from Cali for me.

Currently they are offering it at Malaysia by purchasing 200 ringgit when you convert it's purchase of atleast $45.00 

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Currently they are offering it at Malaysia by purchasing 200 ringgit when you convert it's purchase of atleast $45.00 

Ringgit converted to Singapore Dollars = ≈ $63
Singapore LEGO prices converted to US LEGO Prices = ≈ $31.5

They might sell it around $30?

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Ringgit converted to Singapore Dollars = ≈ $63
Singapore LEGO prices converted to US LEGO Prices = ≈ $31.5

They might sell it around $30?

I don't thing they will sell it individually, probably in promotion. Because you have to spend 200 ringgit for LEGO BATMAN STUFF.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I don't thing they will sell it individually, probably in promotion. Because you have to spend 200 ringgit for LEGO BATMAN STUFF.

Ohh okay, sorry I misread your comment :blush:

RM 200 for a battle pod would be ridiculously expensive.

1 minute ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Ohh okay, sorry I misread your comment :blush:

RM 200 for a battle pod would be ridiculously expensive.

My bad. I didn't include that it will be exclusively available by purchasing lego batman movie stuff, yea it seems they are really milking it now on the secondary market. I'm really excited about the CALI release. we will see if the amount will go down or stay the same.

That happened to me during Christmas i had to exchange it and buy it again on a walmart gift card

13 minutes ago, Lego4366 said:

That happened to me during Christmas i had to exchange it and buy it again on a walmart gift card

You mean a certain polybag? or set?

Found the cmf series at my local woolworths, quite surprising as I couldn't find them in Target or K mart, yet here they were at the supermarket. Tried to feel out Dick Grayson but to no luck. Did anybody else struggle with him?