Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

28 minutes ago, FunkyMonk said:

Thank you for your feedback. This was my initial impression too. It seems that there is a trend for more realistic (and yet talking snakes and dragons ... :wink:) look in the sets over years. Is it intentional that Lego is targeting an older audience more than a younger one with its Ninjago theme? If so, when did this change become apparent? 

I don't think there was ever a change. The theme itself dictates which of the two styles it will use. For example, the jungle theme in 2015 was very colorful, but the ghost theme later that year had dark blue, purple and pale green as the main colors. Then in the beginning of 2016, the pirate theme was very colorful.

28 minutes ago, FunkyMonk said:

I must say the Fire Temple is a fantastic compromise between vivid colours of the dragon and more dulled aesthetics of the temple. Not to mention that the build of it was very rewarding. Are there more sets like this in Ninjago theme?

The Temple of Airjitzu is a very nice set when completed. But then again, it's the largest Ninjago set to date, so if you're asking for your kid that might not be a good idea :grin: Maybe try something from the 2015 jungle theme, like set 70749? Or something from summer 2016 like 70596?

Edited by gamejutzu

It's worth noting that Ninjago has never really been aimed at four-year-olds… at least, not until last year when LEGO first released some Ninjago-themed Juniors sets. Like most "big bang" themes, Ninjago is aimed at ages 7 and up. The Fire Temple in particular was aimed at ages 9–14, which is a pretty high age range for a KFOL-targeted set! So if it appeals to 4-year-olds, it's mostly incidental, not intentional. Frankly, a lot of the kids in the target age range probably wouldn't want to feel like they're playing with a toy they would've played with when they were 4.

I do, however, feel like a kid might get a kick out of Airjitzu Battle Grounds or Ultra Stealth Raider.

Edited by Aanchir

9 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I don't think there was ever a change. The theme itself dictates which of the two styles it will use. For example, the jungle theme in 2015 was very colorful, but the ghost theme later that year had dark blue, purple and pale green as the main colors. Then in the beginning of 2016, the pirate theme was very colorful.

The Temple of Airjitzu is a very nice set when completed. But then again, it's the largest Ninjago set to date, so if you're asking for your kid that might not be a good idea :grin: Maybe try something from the 2015 jungle theme, like set 70749? Or something from summer 2016 like 70596?

Thank you for your recommendations. 'Bad guys' temple looks great and it's a way to bring the balance to the force. It is really out of scale to have brave Garmadon facing a majestic dragon :classic:  

7 hours ago, Aanchir said:

It's worth noting that Ninjago has never really been aimed at four-year-olds… at least, not until last year when LEGO first released some Ninjago-themed Juniors sets. Like most "big bang" themes, Ninjago is aimed at ages 7 and up. The Fire Temple in particular was aimed at ages 9–14, which is a pretty high age range for a KFOL-targeted set! So if it appeals to 4-year-olds, it's mostly incidental, not intentional. Frankly, a lot of the kids in the target age range probably wouldn't want to feel like they're playing with a toy they would've played with when they were 4.

I do, however, feel like a kid might get a kick out of Airjitzu Battle Grounds or Ultra Stealth Raider.

First of all, thank you for your suggestions of sets. I looked at the Ultra Stealth Rider before and I could see it being appealing to my son :sweet: 

Target age is an interesting point. My understanding of it is that it reflects on a complexity of the build rather than on how it appeal. No doubt that The Fire Temple is to complex for a  4-year-old to build but once put together it can be as enjoyable toy as any other. All Lego in my view is like this Technic line inclusive. Kids love big machinery, movable parts, engines etc and Technic does not break so easily :wink:  

On 3/18/2017 at 9:48 PM, legozebra said:

Allen, writer of the Brick Fan, "feels confident" that it's modular and it's coming.

I dearly hope this to be true. It would be incredible to see Lego fully embracing modulars and begin making modulars throughout their licenses. Imagine a modular Arkham Asylum or a modular Daily Planet. One can dream....

12 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

It sounds promising, I'd love a huge ninjago city style of set. Or the garmadon shark vehicle could be in there.

Definitely. I think it would also help synergize the different brands. People that say only bought Ninjago before might start considering the creator and city line more seriously.

We have a minifigure confirmedish (I think) for series 18 (May 2018), is there any information for the Ninjago movie series? In the same thread as series 18 CMF I saw somebody write the NMCMF had been decreased to 16 minifigures?

Sorry, I'm new to this topic. Has there been any info on possibly getting the Chinese style dragon that is in the Ninjago movie trailer? Thanks!

1 hour ago, karmajay said:

Sorry, I'm new to this topic. Has there been any info on possibly getting the Chinese style dragon that is in the Ninjago movie trailer? Thanks!

Yeah, we will get Lloyd's Dragon set.

13 hours ago, J4ck said:

We have a minifigure confirmedish (I think) for series 18 (May 2018), is there any information for the Ninjago movie series? In the same thread as series 18 CMF I saw somebody write the NMCMF had been decreased to 16 minifigures?

Leaks and rumors will be as tight lipped as both The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie's. Expect nothing until practically a month before.

1 minute ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

Are the Ninjago ZX masks with the silver "+" on the foreheads dual molded or painted? Hard to tell.

They're printed on, but are sometimes off center :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for the info.

Also, seems like the new 24588 Vermillion armor with neck guard isn't intended to accommodate some hair or helmets. Maybe a Zane square fro will work.

On 3/23/2017 at 3:06 PM, J4ck said:

That's due to the box art placeholder seen in toy fairs. From initially reported 20, it appears we are only get 16.

15 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

Are the Ninjago ZX masks with the silver "+" on the foreheads dual molded or painted? Hard to tell.

Pretty sure they're printed. For some unknown reason almost all of my zx hood's "+" part is wearing out slowly, even though I haven't laid my hands on them for a while.

14 minutes ago, NinjaJayNuva said:

Pretty sure they're printed. For some unknown reason almost all of my zx hood's "+" part is wearing out slowly, even though I haven't laid my hands on them for a while.

It is the protruding part of the hood. It's likely it is scratching surfaces when you move them even if you don't hold that part of the hood.

I'm glad when the designers get rid of the printing in that area for newer dual-moulded hoods but it seems the new hoods for the LEGO Ninjago movie will have prints on the forehead part... Cross fingers it's not easily scratched.

Edited by makoy

Dunno if this is known, but there will be a Juniors set for the Ninjago Movie coming out the same time as the others.

3 minutes ago, just2good said:

Dunno if this is known, but there will be a Juniors set for the Ninjago Movie coming out the same time as the others.

So that will be the other Juniors set for summer 2017 aside from the snow white one that is not Cars 3.

1 hour ago, just2good said:

No set name or price at this point, eh? They're keeping everything really tight under the wraps... @just2good Also, thanks for mentioning me in your Juniors list video! :blush:

Journal of Exetrius

Day 47 - It has been weeks since the wind of Hype slackened, left us to our own devices in this barren, static sea. A glorious Ninjago treasure island lies on the horizon, yet is painfully beyond our reach. We have run out of fresh Vermillion supplies, some crew members are taking their resort in rumours of what lies ahead, others have dug up old topics to ward off the boredom on the Discussion 2017 ship.

Oh, benevolent wind of Hype, have mercy on us! Allow us to continue on our path!

I don't know if these ARE the movie sets, but if they are, we now have estimated prices. These were found on this Dutch website, where the final box images for other themes were found: https://www.sinqel.com/lego-bounty-hunter-speeder-bike-battle-pack-lego.html

I changed the euro prices to US dollars:

EURO:

US:

$165

$109.99

$79.99 

$69.99

$69.99

$54.99

$44.99

$34.99

$34.99 

$19.99 

$9.99

Here, we have 11 sets, which lines up with what has been previously said. 

18 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

I don't know if these ARE the movie sets, but if they are, we now have estimated prices. These were found on this Dutch website, where the final box images for other themes were found: https://www.sinqel.com/lego-bounty-hunter-speeder-bike-battle-pack-lego.html

I changed the euro prices to US dollars:

-snip-

Here, we have 11 sets, which lines up with what has been previously said. 

You are reporting the discounted price which is the same mistake I did when I reported 2H 2017 sets pricing --

The correct retail price should be:

€169.99 -> €152.99 
€109.99 -> €98.99
€79.99 -> €71.99 
€69.99 -> €62.99
€69.99 -> €62.99
€54.99 -> €49.49
€44.99 -> €40.49
€34.99 -> €31.49
€34.99 -> €31.49
€19.99 -> €17.99 
€9.99 -> €8.99

Just wondering when the images would be revealed? as i doubt they'll appear with this site.

On 28/02/2017 at 2:10 AM, Scarilian said:

1. Shark Mech - Confirmed by Just2good, retailer exclusive
2. Lloyd's Dragon - Confirmed by Bzpower reports
3. Kai's Mech - Confirmed by Bzpower
4. Nya's Mech - Confirmed as a 4-legged mech by BZPower
5. Jay's flyer - Confirmed by Bzpower, mentioned as looking fairly close to the trailer
6. Destiny's Bounty - Confirmed by Bzpower
7. Ninja Dojo/training/base - Confirmed by Bzpower and was confirmed in chat previously we were getting a training area (One of these sets features Wu)
8. An additional small non-vehicle playset - Confirmed by Bzpower (One of these sets features Wu)
9. Manta-ray flyer - Confirmed by Bzpower
10. Zane's tank  - Confirmed by Bzpower
11. Cole's mech - Confirmed by Bzpower

17 hours ago, makoy said:

-retail price snip-

Just a quick speculation based on the reports from earlier about which sets we were getting - the Shark Mech is retailer exclusive as confirmed by Just2good meaning that it likely would'nt be one of the prices listed.

1 - €169.99 - Ninjago City
2 - €109.99 - Destiny's Bounty
3 - €79.99 - Lloyd's Dragon
4 - €69.99 - Nya's Mech
5 - €69.99 - Zane's tank
6 - €54.99 - Cole's Mech
7 - €44.99 - Kai's Mech
8 - €34.99 - Jay's flyer
9 - €34.99 - Manta-Ray flyer
10 - €19.99 - Ninja Dojo/training/base
11 - €9.99 - Small non-vehicle playset

Fairly sure based on reports that the position of the top and bottom three are close to accurate, but the other Ninja's vehicles could fluctate - though having them spaced out around €34.99 - €79.99 does make sense. I've listed the Ninjago City as i'm fairly sure it'll happen even though i dont think its been confirmed yet...

Including the recently mentioned Junior's set and the Shark Mech this would have the total as 13 sets in the Ninjago movie theme so far.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Just a quick speculation based on the reports from earlier about which sets we were getting - the Shark Mech is retailer exclusive as confirmed by Just2good meaning that it likely would'nt be one of the prices listed.

1 - €169.99 - Ninjago City
2 - €109.99 - Destiny's Bounty
3 - €79.99 - Lloyd's Dragon
4 - €69.99 - Nya's Mech
5 - €69.99 - Zane's tank
6 - €54.99 - Cole's Mech
7 - €44.99 - Kai's Mech
8 - €34.99 - Jay's flyer
9 - €34.99 - Manta-Ray flyer
10 - €19.99 - Ninja Dojo/training/base
11 - €9.99 - Small non-vehicle playset

Incidentally, the site has the set numbers in the product specification for each set, so I've matched the set numbers and prices with the list of sets that was found a while ago:

70606 GA - €9.99

70607 TT - €19.99

70608 SA - €34.99

70609 MP - €34.99

70610 JS

70611 SC - €44.99

70612 LD - €54.99

70613 NW - €69.99

70614 JJ - €69.99

70615 KM - €79.99

70616 ZT

70617 BS - €109.99

70618 ?? - €169.99

70620 NC

The Junior Ninjago sets so far have had some neat minifigures. Here's hoping they continue that trend with TLNM.

To those specualting Ninjago City is the $150+ set, Lego doesn't announce or give placeholders to any stores regarding D2C exclusives. If Ninjago City is a D2C, it's not on the list of blank pages and prices we just got.

Come to think of it, no store but Lego gets to sell the D2C sets. So this website won't ever list Ninjago City regardless if it exists or not (or is a D2C in the first place).