Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

ha thx for the comparison.
I know this is rather individual, but I just can't imagine a better model under 200 pieces.

Other than that it's great to get a style closer to real asian builds & artworks. Whether you take the figures, Lloyds dragon or the bountys sails (the last version, as much as I love it, has sails no ship in real life has). I wonder how many new armor & weapon pieces we'll get?

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I wonder how many new armor & weapon pieces we'll get?

At least one: the short katana, but let's hope there's much more! People have been screaming for silver shurikens for ages. Also, now that they have the budget, I really wouldn't mind if they were to redesign ALL Golden Weapons with a dragon motiv, instead of just the sword... A man can dream.... 

15 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

At least one: the short katana, but let's hope there's much more! People have been screaming for silver shurikens for ages. Also, now that they have the budget, I really wouldn't mind if they were to redesign ALL Golden Weapons with a dragon motiv, instead of just the sword... A man can dream.... 

YES! Give me the Nunchuck hilt with the proper shape and a trans blue chain!

Wow that Lloyd dragon will be an expensive set.

All the mechs look very expensive actually. 

They are obviously going to downsize them but how much? Do you think they will be like the Ideas Exo-Suit?

39 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

They are obviously going to downsize them but how much?

Look at Emmet's Construct-o-Mech in the Lego Movie and then look at the Lego set Construct-o-mech...

...that much.

What is the battlepack based on, specifically? The latest swamp wave?

Anyway, thanks for posting the summary by BZP. Disappointing to see that Garmadon's shark won't be getting a set yet, but I can't wait to see Lloyd's dragon!

12 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

What is the battlepack based on, specifically?

I think it's specifically based on the 2015 Tournament of Elements wave, because this pack continues the trend of elemental masters we saw there.

19 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I need that Season 1 ninja mask. Didn't realize it had a sword holder in the back.

It's been in production since 1998, long before Ninjago. It was used mostly in the Ninja subtheme of Castle.

43 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Definitely not 'swamp wave' (Hands of Time)

29 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

I think it's specifically based on the 2015 Tournament of Elements wave, because this pack continues the trend of elemental masters we saw there.

I like to think these battle packs (or accessory packs as TLG wants to call it) are not season specific because

Spoiler

the 2 other Elemental Masters didn't appear in the latest season

and Skylor's suit is different from the Tournament of Elements... so you can't say it is specific to Tournament of Elements as well.

Edited by makoy

2 hours ago, makoy said:

I like to think these battle packs (or accessory packs as TLG wants to call it) are not season specific because

Reveal hidden contents

the 2 other Elemental Masters didn't appear in the latest season

and Skylor's suit is different from the Tournament of Elements... so you can't say it is specific to Tournament of Elements as well.

Well I mean that's why I said "based off" (and specifically but I meant it loosely :grin:), and besides, it would be kind of a waste to include the same suit from ToE. 

Either way, that's the closest parallel to another wave. Unless it isn't based off anything and is just a Ninjago battle pack.

Edited by gamejutzu

21 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Well I mean that's why I said "based off" (and specifically but I meant it loosely :grin:), and besides, it would be kind of a waste to include the same suit from ToE. 

Either way, that's the closest parallel to another wave. Unless it isn't based off anything and is just a Ninjago battle pack.

New version of Skylor is from Skybound season, while Ash & Shade are from ToE season.

12 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

New version of Skylor is from Skybound season, while Ash & Shade are from ToE season.

That's interesting - nice to see Lego acknowledge past seasons and give us minifigs from them. ToE was so long ago, I'd forgotten what Ash and Shade looked like!

12 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Anyway, thanks for posting the summary by BZP. Disappointing to see that Garmadon's shark won't be getting a set yet, but I can't wait to see Lloyd's dragon!

Keep in mind that these battle packs are sometimes sort of eclectic—last year's Skybound pack included a "Tournament" version of Zane, which tied in with the other ninja's costumes from the earlier Tournament of Elements wave despite that storyline being a year old and Zane never canonically appearing in that form or costume.

Of these figures, two of them appear pretty much as they did in the Tournament of Elements story arc but Skylor's design is her updated one from Skybound. I think they were probably chosen more for their desirability for fans than for any relevant context in the current story arc.

Just curious, when is the next time we may see the Ninjago sets? Any chance of a toy fair situation or is it a long wait now till leaks/official release?

54 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Just curious, when is the next time we may see the Ninjago sets? Any chance of a toy fair situation or is it a long wait now till leaks/official release?

Maybe at SDCC?

Not that I encourage it (:look:), but are we certain there weren't any pictures of the Ninjago sets taken? I mean not much to do now if they actually were...

Edited by gamejutzu

1 hour ago, gamejutzu said:

Not that I encourage it (:look:), but are we certain there weren't any pictures of the Ninjago sets taken? I mean not much to do now if they actually were...

Don't play with fire here... you're not Kai. :wink:

All that I have to say is be a little patient. If Lego are following the same pattern of reveals as the LBM, then we'll be seeing the first (2) sets in the first couple of weeks of next month. That being said, no trailers are dropping and there are no big events next month so it may be later but who knows.

Yeah! I asked my wife to pick it up for me, thinking they wouldn't have it. She came home and pretended she forgot to go in....then handed me the bag! :D

May pick up the battle pack for Shade, he could fit nicely with the ghost pirates if i end up getting the Silent Mary.

5 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

All that I have to say is be a little patient. If Lego are following the same pattern of reveals as the LBM, then we'll be seeing the first (2) sets in the first couple of weeks of next month. That being said, no trailers are dropping and there are no big events next month so it may be later but who knows.

Fingers crossed for next month then.

I dont mind being patient, but it was reallly silly of Lego not to publically show off the Ninjago sets at NYTF.  They'll still be revealed long enough for companies to make knock-off's and release them at the same time. All that hiding the sets did was give Ninjago fans nothing to hype over and make it more difficult for us to plan purchases of the sets, they missed a major opportunity to demonstrate the new sets or even a singular set. NYTF is for promotion after all and to only show the sets to those going was such a dumb decision that it baffles the mind.

9 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Just answering your query, not encouraging images - but simply providing my view on whether i think we'll see any,

I expect a few people who went were lucky enough to take an image of the sets sneakily for private viewings, but in terms of what has been online, we have no image of them other than the box-art (Which is of Lloyd)

If people managed to get images and were planning to show them somewhere or describe them, chances are they would have done it by now. If any of the major sites going had taken an image, then we'd have probably got a more clearer write-up of what to expect. As such there is not much chance that any NYTF images of the Ninjago sets will appear and its probably best to give up looking for them.

Edited by Scarilian

Yeah it's a shame we didn't get any pictures of the sets. My guess is to wait for SDCC, most likely they will be displayed then. The dragon mech is what I'm most excited and from what's been said it turn out pretty close to the trailer. 

As for that accessory pack, how much was it for and has it been spotted in the US? From the recent battle packs, it seems they have risen in price. I hope they end up on clearance.

30 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Just answering your query, not encouraging images - but simply providing my view on whether i think we'll see any, I expect a few people who went were lucky enough to take an image of the sets sneakily for private viewings, but in terms of what has been online, we have no image of them other than the box-art (Which is of Lloyd)

If people managed to get images and were planning to show them somewhere or describe them, chances are they would have done it by now. If any of the major sites going had taken an image, then we'd have probably got a more clearer write-up of what to expect. As such there is not much chance that any NYTF images of the Ninjago sets will appear and its probably best to give up looking for them.

I haven't considered that. I haven't looked for these, but I never really have much luck when it comes to finding stuff anyway. But I forget how fast others can dig things up. I guess anyone particularly impatient is out of luck until SDCC.

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

As for that accessory pack, how much was it for and has it been spotted in the US? From the recent battle packs, it seems they have risen in price. I hope they end up on clearance.

I was wondering the same thing. Can they be found at your basic retailers or are they in other countries right now?

"The LEGO Ninjago Accessory Pack (853687) will retail for $14.99 and word has it that it is already showing up at LEGO Brand Stores. It’s not on Shop@Home yet but I suspect it will be at the beginning of March." - TheBrickFan

Still a bit disappointed that the accessory packs have went from four figures to three figures.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

May pick up the battle pack for Shade, he could fit nicely with the ghost pirates if i end up getting the Silent Mary.

Fingers crossed for next month then.

I dont mind being patient, but it was reallly silly of Lego not to publically show off the Ninjago sets at NYTF.  They'll still be revealed long enough for companies to make knock-off's and release them at the same time. All that hiding the sets did was give Ninjago fans nothing to hype over and make it more difficult for us to plan purchases of the sets, they missed a major opportunity to demonstrate the new sets or even a singular set. NYTF is for promotion after all and to only show the sets to those going was such a dumb decision that it baffles the mind

Remember that New York Toy Fair's primary function is promoting toys to retailers, not to end consumers, and that most of those retailers would have had representatives at the event to see the sets in person. Just because pictures aren't allowed to be posted online doesn't mean that Lego didn't achieve their Toy Fair goals, and Lego still will have plenty of opportunities to create hype around the sets before they and the movie itself are released. It's frustrating for fans but ultimately it won't be any less exciting when the sets actually get released—in fact, it may be even more exciting if only because we won't have our attention divided by all the other sets that were revealed at Toy Fair.