LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

I was scouting round as soon as it went online in the UK. I can't see a single new licensed figure part available.

I might check for the purple hood from Nexo Knights for a Spoiler custom.

Having also searched for a couple hours, I can also confirm that there are basically no new licensed parts. However, there are still some holdover parts:

• Chell's complete figure, from the Portal Dimensions pack
  • Finn's (Star Wars, not Adventure Time) torso
  • The Dejarik table, from the Millennium Falcon
  • Maria Hill's torso, from the Helicarrier is still available

Several parts from the Kwik-E-Mart:

• Torsos of Marge, Snake, Apu, Bart, Chief Wiggum
  • Chief Wiggum's legs
  • Various printed parts (magazines, newspapers, cards, donuts, etc.)

Several parts from the Ghostbusters Firehouse:

• Winston Zeddemore's torso
  • Zombie driver's torso
  • Dana/Zuul's torso
  • Ecto 1 license plate
  • Louis' head
  • Multiple parts of the Ghost Librarian

Also, while there are no new licensed parts from the sets, the Marvel sets show up in the US, despite not being sold in the region yet.

Any new pieces from Nexo knights like the trans orange spear or the Forestman tile?

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Any new pieces from Nexo knights like the trans orange spear or the Forestman tile?

The spear piece is, but it's out of stock. The forestman tile isnt in there.

I am a B&P novice and only browsed it once. Is there some trick to searching for new licensed parts?

Needing the set # or part # makes it hard to browse and buy parts I've never seen before. I'm looking for some cool armor and helmet pieces as seen in past CMF series, but no idea what sets they appeared in.

It seems like they don't make available licensed heads or headgear. I'm trying to make my own jumbo Ant-Man and the special face part isn't available. I might try to paint my own with Tamiya acrylic paint.

How are prices determined for Online PAB and Bricks & Pieces? I've seen plain ordinary parts a few cents more on B&P than PAB. I've seen certain colors on B&P quite a bit more expensive than other colors. I've seen B&P hair twice the price of other hair that doesn't look like it uses more material or in some special color.

If a part is old and sold out, do they later make them available again? Do people have to check B&P often and buy whatever it is ASAP before they are gone for good?

On 2-2-2017 at 0:00 AM, BubbaFit45531 said:

I am a B&P novice and only browsed it once. Is there some trick to searching for new licensed parts?
Needing the set # or part # makes it hard to browse and buy parts I've never seen before. I'm looking for some cool armor and helmet pieces as seen in past CMF series, but no idea what sets they appeared in.
It seems like they don't make available licensed heads or headgear. 

17 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

How are prices determined for Online PAB and Bricks & Pieces? I've seen plain ordinary parts a few cents more on B&P than PAB. I've seen certain colors on B&P quite a bit more expensive than other colors. I've seen B&P hair twice the price of other hair that doesn't look like it uses more material or in some special color.
If a part is old and sold out, do they later make them available again? Do people have to check B&P often and buy whatever it is ASAP before they are gone for good?

I feel sorry to see your questions have gone unanswered, so let's clear things up for a bit! :wink: 

Like you said, on B&P you can search for certain parts or sets, which is not particularly customer-friendly for those wanting to look around at what there is to buy, so to speak. Here's a few tips:

• Use Brickset or Bricklink (in a different tab) to browse for sets/setnumbers, get a general idea of what pieces are included, and look for interesting pieces in them.
  • I've gone through the inventories of almost all sets released in 2016, looking for some 'treasure', but it's a tedious job. If you don't feel like digging in a few hundred parts inventories, you could just choose a big set (Modular building, UCS model, D2C set) and see what's in it.
  • If you enter the element number, the shortest of the two, it shows that specific part in all the colours it has been released in, excluding discontinued colours. Unfortunately though, it doesn't show the same elements with a print on it. An exception to this 'rule' is the minifig torso: 76382, which I highly recommend looking up.
  • I don't know what exactly determines if a piece becomes available on B&P and at what price, or what time, even.
  • My personal rules of thumb:
  • Licensed parts are a matter of pure luck; unpredictable release.
  • In-house licenses (i.e. Nexo Knights, Elves) often have all the newly introduced parts available by the time a new wave is out (or somewhere in between).
  • Non-licensed themes (City, Juniors) appear to have the same strategy as the in-house licensed themes.
  • Cloth pieces and pieces exclusive to CMFs or polybags never become available.  
  • Parts can go out of stock (or start out as such) and later be back in stock. Pieces of discontinued sets that go out of stock will never be available again, unless a set comes out that uses them again.

I hope this answers your questions. :classic: 

On 2/19/2017 at 8:44 PM, Exetrius said:

Cloth pieces and pieces exclusive to CMFs or polybags never become available.  

Nope! I got lucky last year and got several sets of Batman capes and undead soldier capes from LotR. Worth checking!

Edited by Jammiedodger

Thanks for the info.

I'm trying to turn some old generic minifigures into the Ninjago ninjas with regular hair, and from PAB and B&P, the hair prices range from .13 to .77 with PAB being far cheaper. A single shoulder flap armor with sword holder back is .96 and the double flap armor with sword holder back is .34. Puzzling.

It takes quite a bit of pre-order research to place a "good" effective order.

I've only gotten back into collecting within the last year, but I was hoping somebody here might remember - when the current Luke wig first came out, was it immediately available on Bricks and Pieces, or did it take awhile?  I've been checking regularly for the new Han wig, hoping to update my minifigs with the new do.  It has been out of stock since the release of the Death Star, and appearing again in the Desert Skiff hasn't improved availability.  

What I find odd is that the official Lego name (MINI WIG NO.117) isn't Han specific like Luke's (LUKE SKYWALKER WIG).  It makes me think it will eventually be used outside of the Star Wars license, and theoretically more likely to appear on B&P.

The Luke Skywalker hair will be available on the surfer of the upcoming cmf series, so that might be the case with Han's hair in a next wave as well? I hope so, because it is such a great late 80ies - early 90ies hairdo

Edited by Borex

On 01/03/2017 at 2:38 PM, Bley Harvest said:

I've only gotten back into collecting within the last year, but I was hoping somebody here might remember - when the current Luke wig first came out, was it immediately available on Bricks and Pieces, or did it take awhile?  I've been checking regularly for the new Han wig, hoping to update my minifigs with the new do.  It has been out of stock since the release of the Death Star, and appearing again in the Desert Skiff hasn't improved availability.  

What I find odd is that the official Lego name (MINI WIG NO.117) isn't Han specific like Luke's (LUKE SKYWALKER WIG).  It makes me think it will eventually be used outside of the Star Wars license, and theoretically more likely to appear on B&P.

The naming doesn't mean anything about what happens later on. The Luke hair has been in multiple non-licensed sets. Similarly, Harry Potter's wig (also named) appeared in non-HP sets. The Luke wig was available in sets long before Bricks and Pieces was online.

Newbie question: In PAB and B&P, do new parts or previously out of stock parts suddenly appear then sell out quick? If I see something I want, should I finalize my order ASAP or is it safe to wait until there's enough I want to try for free shipping or nice freebie polybag?

Do they manufacture parts to stock PAB and B&P, or do they just put parts there from leftovers from current sets? I noticed the Ninjago parts in stock are from currently sold Lego Dimensions or the latest sets, and none of the Season 1 original ninja hoods are available except for the gray one for the current Ninjago accessory pack and purple hood.

2 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

Newbie question: In PAB and B&P, do new parts or previously out of stock parts suddenly appear then sell out quick? If I see something I want, should I finalize my order ASAP or is it safe to wait until there's enough I want to try for free shipping or nice freebie polybag?

Do they manufacture parts to stock PAB and B&P, or do they just put parts there from leftovers from current sets? I noticed the Ninjago parts in stock are from currently sold Lego Dimensions or the latest sets, and none of the Season 1 original ninja hoods are available except for the gray one for the current Ninjago accessory pack and purple hood.

I don't know the answers to all your questions, but in my experience parts don't sell out quickly from the time they first show up. Now, I wouldn't wait months, but you have a few weeks if not longer in my experience.

Also, B&P orders do not count towards free polybag promos. Even though it'll say you qualified in your cart. You can get free shipping though.

16 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

In PAB and B&P, do new parts or previously out of stock parts suddenly appear then sell out quick?

Do they manufacture parts to stock PAB and B&P, or do they just put parts there from leftovers from current sets? (Snip)

I think sometimes "Out of stock" means that whatever stock they have is reserved for their own use. The part may or may not be restocked / become available for purchase in the future. Sometimes you will be able to order parts listed as "Out of stock" if you call them. You often see that new parts are listed as out of stock. Parts in colors that are no longer being used in current sets will eventually sell out and not be produced again (unless they are reintroduced in new sets).

They produce stock for PAB and B&P, it is not just leftover parts.

I've never been able to get free shipping. I always get the same note saying that since it's "handpicked" that they can't ship it free. 

Thanks for the info. It'd be nice if there was a parts wish list so they could gauge demand.

I would combine the PAB and B&P orders to get free shipping. I'll have to look more carefully about B&P not enabling freebie polybag. B&P is extra expensive compared to PAB, so they should let it count towards freebies.

B&P is sometimes cheaper than PAB, you should check both to make sure. The low shipping cost and good selection of parts make B&P my first choice when shopping for parts as long as I don't need large quantities.

After a careful look at the Bag shipping message, it seems like Express shipping is not available. I'm fine with regular shipping.

It's rare that I saw B&P cheaper than PAB and it was a tiny bit cheaper. When B&P is more expensive, it's way more.

In order to get free shipping, you have to add something to your cart from the regular shop, but it doesn't have to be big.  I've used keychains in the past, or small sets.

2 hours ago, Silent Nomad said:

In order to get free shipping, you have to add something to your cart from the regular shop, but it doesn't have to be big.  I've used keychains in the past, or small sets.

I can confirm this. Did the trick for some of my orders in the past.

I think I got free shipping by combining my PAB order with B&P order and finalizing at the same time.

At least once, I did NOT get the freebie polybag from PAB + B&P > $35 when the Bag list indicated a free item placed in my bag.

19 hours ago, Silent Nomad said:

A 5p brick from pick-a-brick will do it!

So, based on the (lack of) discussion...I take it no one has found anything new and exciting since PAB came back?  I've done my fair share of looking, and haven't found anything in stock that would be considered cool.  A little bummed by it...

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

So, based on the (lack of) discussion...I take it no one has found anything new and exciting since PAB came back?  I've done my fair share of looking, and haven't found anything in stock that would be considered cool.  A little bummed by it...

70625: Samurai VXL has the Medusa hair in Dark red and one of the two new Vermillion armours available. That's about all the new interesting stuff I could find.