VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

I like Lewa. Sure, he's nothing like the thing he's supposed to be, but he looks nice. I'm sure that with a few mods he'll look great.

Pohatu...this guy is a bit weird and is nothing what I was excpeting. He looks very muscolar...I'll wait for better pics.

Chirox...and I thought Mantax was creepy. This guy is very vampire looking. He has wings, and I like that. His limbs are too slim, but they do play well with his monstrous look.

Toa Ignika...definately not what I was excepting. First off I don't like how the Ignika is silver...plus it's the one from 2007..I would've preferred the VNOG one. Second...black and yellow? 8-| This guy looks nothing but an Hewkii on steroids. Finally, is he/she/it riding something? His right foot looks chained to something black.

As of now, my favourite is Lewa.

Shakar

Edited by Shakar

I like Lewa. Sure, he's nothing like the thing he's supposed to be, but he looks nice. I'm sure that with a few mods he'll look great.

Pohatu...this guy is a bit weird and is nothing what I was excpeting. He looks very muscolar...I'll wait for better pics.

Chirox...he's very vampire looking. He has wings, and I like that. His limbs are too slim, but they do play well with his monstrous look.

Toa Ignika...definately not what I was excepting. First off I don't like how the Ignika is silver...plus it's the one from 2007..I would've preferred the VNOG one. Second...black and yellow? 8-| This guy looks nothing but an Hewkii on steroids. Finally, is he/she/it riding something? His right foot looks chained to something black.

As of now, my favourite is Lewa.

Shakar

Hey, I said the same that the ignika is like hewkki, but not on Steriods! X-D Right now my favorite is... well, none. Oh, and look closly at the chirox. Look to the left of the picture. Is that a blue creature?

i'm happy:-D

Where did you get the 08 catalog???? Answer the question please! I need to know! And why are you happy?

Sorry if I was rogh but I really would like to know where these images are coming from.

Edited by ~VBBN~

Hey, I said the same that the ignika is like hewkki, but not on Steriods! X-D Right now my favorite is... well, none. Oh, and look closly at the chirox. Look to the left of the picture. Is that a blue creature?
I did indeed see a blue creature with a sliver Gali Olda foot.

Speaking of Gali...I wonder what TLC did to her....my main complaint with Hahli Mahri is that she's so bulky compared to her Inika form. I'd like Gali to be similar to the Inika in "slimness", if you understand what I mean.

Shakar

Six years. ;-) Nuva originally came out in 2002, while these will be released in 2008.

I think it has a lot more to do with set designers 'working in the darkness' -- they design whatever they feel like, after which the story team creates a role for them in the storyline!

An' don't forget Greg's statement that most fans were 1 or 2 years old when the Nuva were first released. :-| They'd have no idea about the originals.

-Ikk

True, I was thinking 2003-2007, I forgot the actual release dates.

Yes, Ikki, that is how they work, I think. The only time they didn't do that was with the Toa Hordika, and those.......didn't turn out so good.

And while most fans were 1 or 2 back then, remember that the toy store owners were not. Greg himself has said that they can't release the Nuva too early or too similar, because the toy store owners had them in the market only 5 years ago. (Remember, they were still on market in 2003)

I'm not really liking the mix of silver and hewkii on Toa Ignika; I wonder if Toa Ignika is Hewkii? Lewa and Pohatu are looking okay, shame there is no Kopaka picture. I will need a better pic of Chirox to decide. So far, all the pics are too blurry for me to make my final decisions.

VK

Ooh, cool, pics!

My immediate thought: Chirox isn't so CHEERy looking. Geddit? :-|

Toa Ignika: Flippin' sweet. Anyone with cool shoulder armor I'm going to get. Nice weapon, interesting color scheme. Looks like orange and gunmetal grey. Anyone see anything different? Also, I can't tell what his weapons is. I hope it's not a Cordak Blaster. *shudder* He does look skinny, though.

Chirox: Scary. Looks like a Skellie on steroids. He looks to have a big body with thin arms, but I can't tell much.

One last thought: Has anyone read the new comic, "the death of Mata Nui"? Well, the Mask of Life can't be that dead if there's a Toa Ignika. 8-

Edited by Mr. Mandalorian

Ooh, cool, pics!

My immediate thought: Chirox isn't so CHEERy looking. Geddit? :-|

Toa Ignika: Flippin' sweet. Anyone with cool shoulder armor I'm going to get. Nice weapon, interesting color scheme. Looks like orange and gunmetal grey. Anyone see anything different? Also, I can't tell what his weapons is. I hope it's not a Cordak Blaster. *shudder* He does look skinny, though.

Chirox: Scary. Looks like a Skellie on steroids. He looks to have a big body with thin arms, but I can't tell much.

One last thought: Has anyone read the new comic, "the death of Mata Nui"? Well, the Mask of Life can't be that dead if there's a Toa Ignika. 8-

..... no one word can describe my feeling about these. Okay, maybe one: BETRAYAL. >:-(

Lewa has a chainsaw, a mask with a blue visor, and a dumb launcher. Oh, and he's LIME.

Pohatu has two dumb weapons and a third on his shoulder. But worse, far worse, he's ORANGE and GREY.

The "Toa Ignika" is orange, black, silver, and as bare bones as a canister set can be. He also has another dumb launcher. :-|

Chirox.... I'll withhold judgement on him for now, but the rest I can say are 100% :-X And not because they are terrible in design in general. No, because they are supposed to be the Toa Nuva. But these kits are NOT the Toa Nuva, at least to me. The pictures may be blurry, but I can already tell that TLC has completely butchered 2008 Bionicle. And now poor Greg and the story team have to make a story around these monstrosities..... :-|

shame there is no Kopaka picture.

With the color schemes and designs on those defects above, I wouldn't be surprised if that blue thing seen on Chirox's picture IS Kopaka. :-|

I think it has a lot more to do with set designers 'working in the darkness' -- they design whatever they feel like, after which the story team creates a role for them in the storyline!

It's even worse that that. According to Greg, the bionicle story exists for one purpose only: to promote the sets. So do the comics, books, web serials, etc. So, if good old TLC decided that Bionicle didn't need a story to sell sets, then Bionicle would not have a story any more. People here may act like Greg is the worst story writer ever, but in fact he and the story team are in proverbial chains as to what to do for the story. It's the sad truth. :-/

Wait a second...there is an actual Toa Ignika? Like...TOA Ignika! Toa of Life?!

Who is that? who wears the Ignika? What is Toa Ignika? What's going on?

Lewa looks damned awesome, same with Pohatu. I have a "Buy all TOA" policy, now, but I'll buy 'em once they reach clearance.

In case they "vanish" off of BShelf again-

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m271/Fu.../toa_pohatu.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m271/Fu...de/toa_lewa.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m271/Fu.../toa_ignika.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m271/Fu...ade/cheerox.jpg

Pohatu:

partial orange mask over a Mahri visor

orange Inika foot

bley Vahki legs

bley Metru hips

WTF is he holding, scrap metal?

new orange upper leg armor

bley Kongu torso

short arms

Lewa:

silver Mantax feet

black Rahkshi legs

silver upper Inika leg guard x4

silver jet boosters

silver chainsaw

lime Nuparu torso

lime Kanohi with Mahri visor

Inika legs as arms

Ignika:

silver Ignika

silver Mahritoran blades as shoulders

orange Piraka body

black Metru hips

silver Hewkii spear blade

orange Metru feet

black Rahkshi legs

black Nuparu arm/leg armor

silver Inika leg armor

Edited by Shine

I'm very curious on how the story team will justify all these changes the Nuva received. Maybe, like someone thought, Artakha updated their armour? The thing that makes me wonder the most is the mask design. Greg confirmed that the Nuva are going to have their old masks, but the Miru and the Kakama look drastically different from their Olda/"old Nuva" counterparts.

Still liking Lewa.

Shakar

Edited by Shakar

Toa ignika looks dead sexy. if i get him, vezon would become a logical impossibility (unlesss i butchered his head to not have the Mask of life on it.)

sbpdnw1.jpg

Wow. These don't look very good lol.

Still, I wouldn't mind getting a few of that blaster Lewa's holding. Looks like good mecha thrusters.

I'd get these guys as parts. But for the most part... bleh.

BoooOOOoooring!

sbpdnw1.jpg

Wow. These don't look very good lol.

Still, I wouldn't mind getting a few of that blaster Lewa's holding. Looks like good mecha thrusters.

I'd get these guys as parts. But for the most part... bleh.

BoooOOOoooring!

They think you're boring, too. How does that make you feel?

Holy crap.

The Toa Nuva are pretty damn awesome, I'm guessing they chose orange cause its closer to brown then yellow... in a way. The Toa Ignika makes me wonder if its Hewkii? All in all, its still pretty fricking awesome. But Chirox looks like Mantax.

-ZotS

Edited by Zaktan of the Shadows

REDEMPTION!

Slightly, anyway.

Let's analyze this. Pohatu is orange. Wtf? Well, it may not be Pohatu. Look at Lewa. He's lime. That's the secondary colour for green, usually. Look at "Pohatu." He's orange. That's the secondary colour for red.

So "Pohatu" is probably just the red bad guy. The three Toa on the list were Kopaka, Pohatu and Lewa, i.e white, yellow/brown and green. So I'm thinking the bad dudes are black, blue and red. And I'm thinking that orange dude is the red one.

Slightly happier now.

So I'm thinking the bad dudes are black, blue and red. And I'm thinking that orange dude is the red one.

I read somewhere, that bad guys seem to be from one race... Chirox is one of them, and it follows, that black (Cheerox), blue and red will have the same appearance - like bats.

Where'd you get the catalog?

I think Sasha634 won't answer this - confidential :-| ))

For my opinion, Chirox looks like not only Mantax, but Kalmah as well.

Pohatu - I don't like his Mask, although it is same form as Vahi.

And about colours - may be, they are so bright (Lewa - lime, Pohatu - orange) and leaked, because pictures were made by mobile phone?

I read somewhere, that bad guys seem to be from one race... Chirox is one of them, and it follows, that black (Cheerox), blue and red will have the same appearance - like bats.
They could be shapeshifters.

In sasha634's gallery it says the series is called Phantoka, the Toa launchers are Midak Skyblasters and the weapons of the Brotherhood of Makuta are Trydax Pods. The location is called Karda Nui.