darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

The current OT BP we have are Hoth themed. and we had Tattooine themed BP before than. So it would seem logical that next OT BP are something from RotJ like scout troop and imperial soldiers with speeder, and various rebel BP, maybe a generic Ewok minifig with the rebels?

Edited by Lego Otaku

The current OT BP we have are Hoth themed. and we had Tattooine themed BP before than. So it would seem logical that next OT BP are something from RotJ like scout troop and imperial soldiers with speeder, and various rebel BP, maybe a generic Ewok minifig with the rebels?

Well seeing as TLC has grouped all star wars sets into Clone Wars and Movies, there is a very good chance the next BP is from the prequels films.

I'm really hoping for a CW Phase 2 battle pack in January, possibly versus another droid pack. I know about the whole 1 year movies, 1 year CW thing, but it's possible they do a switch, and do the endor packs for the anniversary of ROTJ in 2013 (I understand this will be very controversial with some OT fans :tongue: ).

I'm thinking maybe 2 white phase 2's, 1 501st trooper, and maybe a Scuba trooper or something (I'm not too sure about this one).

It's about time we clone fans got our 501st trooper!

Then for the droids, maybe 2 B1's, 2 B2's, and a Commando Droid. After all, the last droid pack was in 2007, and droids are kind of a big part of the Clone Wars.

And I understand if they don't do the switch, and we get rebel commando's and scouts next year, which would still be awesome. But, I still need a way to get my phase 2's, sooo:

Eta shuttle, $60, comes with Adi Gallia, Anakin, Phase 2 Rex, and a Phase 2 clone. :sweet:

I'm really hoping for a CW Phase 2 battle pack in January, possibly versus another droid pack. I know about the whole 1 year movies, 1 year CW thing, but it's possible they do a switch, and do the endor packs for the anniversary of ROTJ in 2013 (I understand this will be very controversial with some OT fans :tongue: ).

I think that would make sense. I would be disappointed in having to wait another year for OT BPs, but it would make sense, I concede that. You do also have to take into consideration the Prequel Trilogy being released in 3D; TLG could return to one year OT, one year PT. (though for all we know, that's what they're doing right now, and just ignoring Menace through Sith for the time being)

TLG's "formula" for releasing sets is likely completely unworkable now in terms of a marketing strategy.

We've never had a time period such as this where you have an ongoing series running through a large part of each year plus films due out in each of the next 6 years. That's not to mentione the new impending cartoons and the glut of games.

you can rip up your old formulas, people who tell you that they release sets in a certain order are working on the assumption of what we've seen over the last decade or more. Times have changed and TLG have to change too if they want to make the most of this financial opportunity.

It is still generally seen as a boys toy and boys want the sets they see on the screen and usually in battle, generally vehicle or playset based (as evidenced by the constant rehasing in the Police and Fire themes.)so i expect a re-release of the AT-TE, republic gunship and some droid tanks for the CW crowd and, as evidenced by this summer's wave, a contined re-releasing of TPM sets.

Oh yeah, and for the $50 set, "Mandalorian shuttle, $50, comes with Obi-Wan, Duchess Satine, 1 or 2 Mandalorians, and Pre Visla." :sweet:

Edit: And a Darksaber

Edited by brickbuilder

I need a Homing Spider Droid (EP2)

and Mandalorian Shuttle would be an AWESOME summer set!

I'd like to see more podracers get released each year like the Hoth sets do. Gasgano, Mawhonic and Alder Beedo need their pods updated to go with the new Anakin and Sebulba ones plus a few new ones wouldn't hurt. There's plenty of options for good minifigures too besides the racers - Poncho Qui-Gon, Shmi, C-3PO without the plating, Kitster, the blue Twilek twins, the race announcers, updated Jabba, TPM Bib Fortuna - even another Jar Jar or Padme wouldn't hurt.

Um....YES! I'd get all of those. Tatooine themed sets, especially from TPM, are more than welcome. :classic:

I need a Homing Spider Droid (EP2)

and Mandalorian Shuttle would be an AWESOME summer set!

Mandalorian Shuttle, yes! Those things were cool.

My serious wishes are for the Geonosian arena and Midi-Scaled droids. TLG never gets the opportunity to show off creative creatures in such a theme as SW and the Geonosian arena is CRYING OUT to be made. It was one of the highlights of Ep. II! Plus, who wouldn't pass up the opportunity for NON-CW Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan AND a couple of Geonosians for good measure? :thumbup:

My second wish: the Midi-droids. In 2000 (?) there were the fantastic and legendary Technic sets, and in the last few years we've had the fantastic introduction of Midi, plus so many great new moulds, and we really haven't seen a decent Destroyer since then. I would adore remakes of these droids in a bigger scale and they could be really fantastic.

I higly doubt TLG would do a collection of ships as a set including a ship that's already worth $100+ on its own.

Maybe they could all be Midi-Scale's then?

Also they should make this set:

Republic Stealth Fighter

Minifigures - Anakin, Admiral Yularen and some pilot clones that look like this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CT-1284

Theme: SW, TCW

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

what about a cheap way to get the bountry hunters and reissue some of the that only apperad in one or two set basicly more set with boutry hunter

what about a cheap way to get the bountry hunters and reissue some of the that only apperad in one or two set basicly more set with boutry hunter

Say again?

Say again?

He wants the rarer bounty hunter minifigs to appear in cheap sets.

Personally, I don't really see that happening. Bounty hunters have their own craft and cheap locale sets are less common than vehicle sets. I think at cheapest you're talking Cad Bane's Speeder-type sets with one or two hunters per set.

He wants the rarer bounty hunter minifigs to appear in cheap sets.

Personally, I don't really see that happening. Bounty hunters have their own craft and cheap locale sets are less common than vehicle sets. I think at cheapest you're talking Cad Bane's Speeder-type sets with one or two hunters per set.

Ah. While I can see where that's coming from, I would have to agree with you; furthermore, since they are typically neither generic (e. g. Scout Trooper) nor 'core' characters (e. g. Anakin) one would expect bounty hunters to show up only in larger sets as an added incentive to buy the set.

How about a Theed Palace set? Not a collection of open rooms like most SW playsets but an actual building similar to the latest Hogwarts Castle.

that whould be cool what about sets with minifigures that only appered in any of the games

Highly unlikely. There are very few EU stes out there, and none sold well. If LEGO were to choose a key EU set- such as the Chimera or a Yuuzan Vong ship (which would likely look ugly) they might sell better. But they'd have to be loaded with charecters, which would just bump up the price extremly.

Highly unlikely. There are very few EU stes out there, and none sold well. If LEGO were to choose a key EU set- such as the Chimera or a Yuuzan Vong ship (which would likely look ugly) they might sell better. But they'd have to be loaded with charecters, which would just bump up the price extremly.

I doubt even those would sell that well. The Chimaera is pretty much indistinguishable from a normal ISD, and Yuuzhan Vong craft are too organic to work as LEGO sets. Besides, how many of the targeted audience would recognize them?

that whould be cool what about sets with minifigures that only appered in any of the games

Wait, do you mean just any SW games, or the LEGO SW games, because they have pretty much covered most of the characters from the LEGO SW games.

I doubt even those would sell that well. The Chimaera is pretty much indistinguishable from a normal ISD, and Yuuzhan Vong craft are too organic to work as LEGO sets. Besides, how many of the targeted audience would recognize them?

Exactly. The only people that would be really interested are die-hard EU fans, and there's just not enough of those who also like LEGO that would buy them. The Chimaera- as you said- is pretty much a normal ISD, so it does have that going for it.

For battle packs I expect: rebel pilot, rebel commando (2), ewok and Imperial officer, storm trooper(2), scout trooper

Nice. Almost fully a Endor version of the previous years Hoth BP's

Nice. Almost fully a Endor version of the previous years Hoth BP's

Which means if we're lucky we might get Tycho or Ten Nunb as the pilot!

Wait, do you mean just any SW games, or the LEGO SW games, because they have pretty much covered most of the characters from the LEGO SW games.

i mean just lego star wars games and EU and also more aliens from the clone wars tv show

I would really like to see a return of the 'textured' printing on boxes. My boxes for the Y-Wing starfighter, Naboo Fighter and Vulture Droid, TIE Interceptor and 6205 V-Wing fighter all have different levels of glossiness which gives a fantastic layering effect. All the ships (and the vulture droid) have an extra layer of glossy printing over them compared to the background which is slightly rougher and more matte. I've noticed on all the current boxes, it's just plain shiny all over. I much prefer the 'layered' printing, and I hope to see it come back. It just adds nice highlights to the sets' feature items.

I am also desperate for a Kaminoan figure. They do crop up a few times throughout the CW series, and there are less-common characters who have been given the Lego treatment. Though I wonder if they are being planned for when/if EPII is released in 3D?

(EDIT: Combined posts)

Edited by Oddibossity