gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

Any idea when Lego.com (UK) will next be offering free shipping and/or double VIP points? I'd like to buy Arkham Asylum and few smaller sets.

Don't quote me, but it happened in March of last year, so I would assume March again this year?

Don't quote me, but it happened in March of last year, so I would assume March again this year?

Do you know if that also happened with US S@H?

Toys R Us has Buy 1 Get 1 half off on a lot of Lego stuff right now; excluding TMNT, Chima, and a couple other things I think.

TRU sale works on clearance.

AC Mothership and Cars V8 for $60, like buying one getting one free. Also had the SW Advent calendar for $24, but I don't really need one, nevermind 2.

AC Mothership and Cars V8 for $60, like buying one getting one free. Also had the SW Advent calendar for $24, but I don't really need one, nevermind 2.

That's nice to know, I wasn't sure since it said not valid with any other offers. Clearance is the only way this sale comes out being much of a discount, especially with their markups.

... Cars V8 for $60, like buying one getting one free...

Is there a link for this? I can't find it on the TRU website.

Is there a link for this? I can't find it on the TRU website.

The clearance Cars set, or the "Buy one, get one 50% off" sale? The sale should be on the front page; clearance sets are usually a by-store basis, so I would just walk in to your local one and see if they have any on clearance.

TRU is having a $20 off on $75+ Lego Purchase, excludes Ninjago sets.

In Store ONLY - Ends March 2nd 2013

Might be area specific, I'm in the Seattle, WA Area.

Edited by drofnas

EDIT: Oh, sorry, didn't notice that it hasn't been active. Sorry for the bump for little reason. :cry_sad:

I'll try to be more careful in the future. Please forgive this poor newbie, at least this once.

Iron Man Vs. The Mandarin Ultimate Showdown, (76008) is already discounted to USD $10.92.

$2 ain't much, but every bit counts. :wink:

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

Edited by SteampunkDoc

My local TRU (Canada) flyer shows that they are offering the Exclusive Elrond minifig again with the purchase of any Lego video game (not sure if this is just local, but worth a gander if your looking to get Elrond)

My local TRU (Canada) flyer shows that they are offering the Exclusive Elrond minifig again with the purchase of any Lego video game (not sure if this is just local, but worth a gander if your looking to get Elrond)

I don't see it mentioned anywhere down here. Can you tell me what the price of the XBox LOTR one is? I may need to beg someone to be a middle man. :blush:

I've seen Elrond go for less than $20 on eBay/Amazon, so it might not be worth buying a whole game unless you want that game.

I saw somewhere that TRU USA is having another BOGO 50% sale. I think it ends on the 16th. I went to TRU during their last sale and there was no signage anywhere about a sale, even though online there was. So YMMV here. TRU seems to be pretty inconsistent. But I'll go check out my local one soon to see if it is really going on.

I don't see it mentioned anywhere down here. Can you tell me what the price of the XBox LOTR one is? I may need to beg someone to be a middle man. :blush:

This promotion, of you getting the free exclusive Elrond minifigure polybag when you by any LEGO video game, is only vaild in Canada at Toys'R'Us, at this time, unfortuately. :sadnew::wink:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

This promotion, of you getting the free exclusive Elrond minifigure polybag when you by any LEGO video game, is only vaild in Canada at Toys'R'Us, at this time, unfortuately. :sadnew::wink:

Thanks for confirming that. Any word on when it ends or is it just as long as supplies last? I've been thinking about buying the game for xbox anyway...

Any word on when it ends or is it just as long as supplies last?.

Here's a screen cap of my local flyer - for the Elrond minifig it says "with purchase of any lego game" and the bottom line in the blue box says "while they last" - the promo starts today (Friday). I can't find a price online at TRUCanada, but on amazon.ca, the price for the Xbox LOTR is $39.99CA and that matches what the games usually cost in-store.

8559943472_b1efeccbbd.jpg

I've seen Elrond go for less than $20 on eBay/Amazon, so it might not be worth buying a whole game unless you want that game.

I saw somewhere that TRU USA is having another BOGO 50% sale. I think it ends on the 16th. I went to TRU during their last sale and there was no signage anywhere about a sale, even though online there was. So YMMV here. TRU seems to be pretty inconsistent. But I'll go check out my local one soon to see if it is really going on.

It's amazing how little of a sale this is when TRU keeps on raising their prices. I checked my local store again since the last time they did a BOGO 50% sale (a couple weeks ago?); the prices were even higher than before. For instance, the prices on the new Star Wars planet sets were $12 last time, making buying two a discount of $2. However, this week they were $13, making the "sale" price of two sets .50 cents off. Same with smaller sized sets, and I didn't even worry about larger sets due to them having +$20 markups.

Pretty shameful in my opinion, masking these grand "sales" with huge markups on MSRP to reel-in unsuspecting buyers (especially when they aren't buying multiple sets, just one overpriced one).

TRU must be doing something right since they stay in business, even with this model. I've noticed a lot of consumers at the recent sale in the LEGO aisle were buying a lot, even though I was fully aware of the actual prices of items. I mentioned it to a few people, but then I figured I shouldn't scare away customers because they may ask me to leave then. I purchased the series 9 CMF since they ended up being cheaper with that sale than normal retail prices. I think it was about $2.40 apiece instead of $2.99. Not huge savings, but it's the little things that count. I also bought some baseplates since they were only about $5 apiece after the sale and on S@H/bricklink they shoot for $8+ each. But I really wanted the Iron Man sets. With the sale I would have spent $2 more than MSRP at another retail store. That's more expensive WITH the sale. I would say that is a bit on the ridiculous side. But with the right sets, the sale can be quite good even with the mark-up.

I think currently Target is having a sale, but it is only like 5% off or something. Although the A-Wing and a Galaxy Squad set are about 3-5$ off.

Edited by TheLegoDr