Lego Spy

What Video Game(s) are you playing?

I tried out the expansion and it's definitly a nice over haul, altough balance wise it's kind of a mess. Some of Zann Consortium units are insanely good, although on ground nothing nothing stops good old Veers with support ( I filled my pants when I got General Mohc and Dark Troopers :wub: ), space battles as insanely good when you learn how to effectivly use your units.

It's kind of a glorious mash up of everything Star Wars in the 1990's. 

1 minute ago, RetroInferno said:

It's kind of a glorious mash up of everything Star Wars in the 1990's. 

Well that sums up the game perfectly. I actually have yet to try the Expansion Pack, but the base game shows that to. Especially the use of Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade in the skirmish modes. As I said in the Star Wars discussion, I find it sad we will probably never see a Star Wars RTS again. I really want to see a glorious RTS mash up like Empire at War was again just in the new canon. Just curious how Captain Rex's beat up AT-TE would fare against that General Veers AT-AT :wink:. Its a pity the RTS genre is so small right now, I truly miss back in the day when it was such a larger genre.

If you haven't played EaW with Forces of Corruption you have to. The Zynn Consortium can seem like a bit of a stretch at times but honestly all of the stuff added for all of the factions enriches the game so much. First off they add all of the best stuff from the EU from Tie Defenders to Thrawn to a campaign mission where you hijack the eclipse. A whole slew of planets from the EU and Revenge of the Sith are added for instance Kamino where you can purchase infantry squads for a single credit each. There are a lot of refinements that improve on gaps in the base game as well such as repair satellites for space battles, especially good with skirmish mode, and you can start a battle with one ship that warps in and then you can choose the rest of your fleet so you no longer start off with a random mix. My only complaint is that corruption is really really annoying. 

Sadly Forces of Corruption has not as of yet been made compatible for Mac :sceptic:

As for the base game I've found myself in an epic struggle. I chose the Empire Surrounded map and the rebels have me out gunned three to one. Five of my systems are under constant blockade by about ten Mon Cal Cruisers each although thankfully my planetary defenses are so strong they haven't been able to capture any of the planets. The rebels just recently launched a massive ground campaign at Abregado Rae with an army of fifty infantry platoons, forty plex troopers, and several wings of airspeeders My stormtrooper battalion and AT-ST divisions behind a shield wall managed to hold their ground and drive the rebels off. Unfortunately if any of the blockaded systems were to fall the rebels have a direct connection to Coruscant, Sullust, Corellia, and Byss. Thankfully I captured Sullust early in the war as the Rebels have firm holds over Kuat and Fondor and therefore can produce capital ships with impunity.  

Edited by Forresto

There's nothing like going in agaisn't a full Rebel fleet stack and level 5 base with the Executor and Death Star 2 (also expect to giggle like a maniac ). The expansion is a must, although dealing with the corruption effect is sometime a pain in the megablocks. 

I completed a galatic conquest on medium with the Imperials and tried the rebels side and I'm absolute crap with them ( they rely on their fighter while their bigger ships tank the damage ). 

Edited by RetroInferno

I went for the X-Wings series on PC and started with TIE Fighter: It's one heck of a badass game, and an extremly punishing one; TIE fighters only have one advantage and that's maneuverabilty, that's it! Even if they don't get shield Interceptors are so much better, insane speed, twice the fire power and can be equipped with missiles. 

I highly recommend it. 

I'm now playing Borderlands 2. Never beat the first one, but this one I plan on it. Sadly not playing the Injustice 2 Beta anymore, as it is over. :(

On February 23, 2017 at 10:58 PM, RetroInferno said:

I went for the X-Wings series on PC and started with TIE Fighter: It's one heck of a badass game, and an extremly punishing one; TIE fighters only have one advantage and that's maneuverabilty, that's it! Even if they don't get shield Interceptors are so much better, insane speed, twice the fire power and can be equipped with missiles. 

I highly recommend it. 

X-Wing vs Tie Fighter was my jam when I was a kid. We had a joystick and playing a tie fighter was always so much fun. I sucked at the game but ahh that was still a fun game. 

Finally started the Uncharted series. It is an easy game to become an expert in head-shots. Nice scenery, but I miss open worlds.

Well speaking of open worlds I got sucked into Skyrim after years of resistance...WOW that game will clench onto your very soul and not let go for a weekend. 

On 22/03/2017 at 10:35 AM, Forresto said:

Well speaking of open worlds I got sucked into Skyrim after years of resistance...WOW that game will clench onto your very soul and not let go for a weekend. 

I've had a similar experience ( still going ) but with Breath of the Wild, the game is really great. 

Other then Fire Emblem Heroes I have been going back to some of the other Fire Emblem games as I get ready for Shadows of Valentia this may, and finding time for Overwatch and Team Fortress 2 despite having been playing that game for so long.

Currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Such a great game!
And waiting for Persona 5 to drop in a couple of weeks.

Replaying Assassin's Creed 2 for the first time since High School. It was the first game in the series I ever played, and even after all these years it holds the same sense of wonder and mystery as it did in the first place.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:31 PM, Iria said:

Finally started the Uncharted series. It is an easy game to become an expert in head-shots. Nice scenery, but I miss open worlds.

The Uncharted games are good for breaks between open world games for sure. I get overwhelmed if I play too many open world games in a row, so I always try to mix up what kind of game I play.

On 3/22/2017 at 10:35 AM, Forresto said:

Only a weekend? Wow, you have some strong willpower to break free that quickly!

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn last week and I am loving it so far.

I must have like 150 hours in Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I've just bought The Last of Us and Final Fantasy XV but Zelda keeps distracting me. It's too good.

Took of break of BOTW and got through the Ringed City dlc for dark souls 3. 

Those boss fights were insane.

Splinter cell blacklist. Yes yes I'm behind on the times :tongue: I get it, but it's very nice game. Plus split screen local co-op! Wish more new stuff would do that

Just replayed Assassin's Creed II for the first time since I was in high school. Giggled with nostalgia the entire time. I'll be replaying the other two Ezio games soon, since it's the ps4 collection.

Also just played through Playdead's Inside. Very well-done, and if you are interested in it, you should go into it without any knowledge of what happens in the game. I will forewarn you, though, it is possibly the most disturbing game I've played. It is scary, for sure, but more so it's the kind of horror that lingers in the back of your mind for a while after completing.

Rainbow Six Siege: Los Vegas - Never played a Rainbow Six game before and while this one is very old its really fun and challenging to play.

Playing a lot of Miles Edgeworth Investigations for the Ace Attorney series and I must say I really can't put this game down for one minute. There's a reason why Miles Edgeworth is such an awesome character and deserved his own spin off game, very good, very humorous at times and honestly a much better than Apollo Justice was. 

Finally retired from SWTOR. Loved it, but didn't like where it was going. They made some changes, but too late for me.

Now I'm onto Ghost Recon : Wildlands and I love it. If you play on PS4, lemme know!

Almost 100% on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on ps4. I never got the platinum trophy on ps3, due to two nigh-impossible multiplayer trophies (even as much as I loved the multiplayer), so I'm finishing up the trophy list on it.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. After this I probably won't get another Switch game until the new Mario.

Finally completed Tie Fighter on hard with most secret objectives. That game sure takes a while to complete, but man I love that game.

The story and gameplay are both very compelling, but I wished they could remaster it, orchestrate the midi soundtrack, speed up the lasers and linking the damn ion and laser cannons on the gunboat and TIE Defender. 

I'm also a bit less pissed at Thrawn having the admiral ranking in mini-fig form; the guy was still a bad-megablocks back then.

I'm gonna pray hard we get something Rebels related for Season 4 in Lego form.