Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

LEGO could do what they did with the Detective's Office and the Pet Shop modulars: just add a second small building to it to justify the price. Moe's (Not-a-)Tavern, Lard Lad Donuts, Phineas Q. Butterfat's Ice Cream Parlor, etc.

Would they, though? Surely they'd make more money if they released The Android's Dungeon and Moe's/Lard Lad Donuts/Phineas Q Butterfat's Ice Cream Parlour as individual sets?

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Would they, though? Surely they'd make more money if they released The Android's Dungeon and Moe's/Lard Lad Donuts/Phineas Q Butterfat's Ice Cream Parlour as individual sets?

No hard evidence but they are trying to measure the popularity of the brand through the Simpsons house and then the kiwi-e-mart so they haven't released a waved just yet.

No hard evidence but they are trying to measure the popularity of the brand through the Simpsons house and then the kiwi-e-mart so they haven't released a waved just yet.

I would have thought it obvious Simpsons is extremely popular.

I would have thought it obvious Simpsons is extremely popular.

Was extremely popular. The show's ratings are down, people like Harry Shearer have decided to quit the show, and they can't even sell enough DVDs and Blu-rays to justify continuing to release the series on physical media. The Simpsons are on their way out.

Was extremely popular. The show's ratings are down, people like Harry Shearer have decided to quit the show, and they can't even sell enough DVDs and Blu-rays to justify continuing to release the series on physical media. The Simpsons are on their way out.

Harry Shearer did not leave the show. He eventually signed on. The show is already renewed through 2017. The DVDs were discontinued because nobody buys DVDs anymore, they have their own app, Simpsons World, that they'll do the commentaries on. It's the longest running scripted show OF ALL TIME.

So yeah, they are not on their way out. I doubt the Simpsons will ever be cancelled.

Back on topic, I guess we won't be getting another CMF this next year? I do like the ideas of the dimensions packs introducing new characters. Maybe we will get another building next year and it it'll include a new character like they did with Snake?

For me the fact there is no Moe figure, but I have a Snake figure doesn't make any sense at all. Snake is an evil criminal, and they made his fig, so why can't they make a Moe?

Edited by ARSLOCK

Harry Shearer did not leave the show. He eventually signed on. The show is already renewed through 2017. The DVDs were discontinued because nobody buys DVDs anymore, they have their own app, Simpsons World, that they'll do the commentaries on. It's the longest running scripted show OF ALL TIME.

So yeah, they are not on their way out. I doubt the Simpsons will ever be cancelled.

Back on topic, I guess we won't be getting another CMF this next year? I do like the ideas of the dimensions packs introducing new characters. Maybe we will get another building next year and it it'll include a new character like they did with Snake?

For me the fact there is no Moe figure, but I have a Snake figure doesn't make any sense at all. Snake is an evil criminal, and they made his fig, so why can't they make a Moe?

A. He sells Alcohol, which is Lego's main reason, they've said so themselves

B. He's suciadel, tried to kill himself multiple times

A. He sells Alcohol, which is Lego's main reason, they've said so themselves

B. He's suciadel, tried to kill himself multiple times

A: Doesn't matter so long as they don't reference his selling of alcohol. Maybe he sells Buzz Cola in the LEGO universe?

B: So? The War Doctor (who is appearing in the LEGO game LEGO Dimensions) contemplated committing mass genocide in Doctor Who and that's far, far darker than a cartoon character trying to kill himself.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Wel, I stil hope the cmf series of the simpsons doesn't come to an end yet, but if we would get a few new figures in dimensions and maybe even at least 1 extra set (I hope a set like all the small buildings like we have speculated about before with 3 or 4 buildings (Android dungeon, moe's, a small krusty burger and lard lad donuts) and the statue and the sign) which includes moe, comic book guy, svt, homer, skinner (as a customer somewhere), Lenny, carl (maybe Bart). My other wish list building is springfield elementary but that one is probably too big (it might work as a big set to end the series), this one just with skinner, the music teacher and 1 more teacher, 1 or 2 kids (I hope the twins) Bart or Lisa and otto in a bus. But all this probably won't happen. Then for dimensions we have for many themes also a bad guy, so I think sideshow bob and kodos and Kang (these 2 maybe as a build like the dalek and that flying monkey from the wizard of oss).

I don't understand why people continue to bring up the whole "Lego wouldn't do that" when they have done so much with The Joker who is just, you know.....a complete homocidal maniac who murders people for fun.

I don't understand why people continue to bring up the whole "Lego wouldn't do that" when they have done so much with The Joker who is just, you know.....a complete homocidal maniac who murders people for fun.

Not to mention that they did a Peter Pettigrew minifigure from Harry Potter and he's basically a mass murderer who framed Harry's godfather Sirius Black.

Here you have the rules for Lego sets:

Projects related to the topics below do not fit our brand values and will not be approved for publication on LEGO Ideas. We will decide how a project fits these standards.a. Politics and political symbols, campaigns, or movementsb. Religious references including symbols, buildings, or peoplec. Sex, drugs, or smokingd. Alcohol in any present day situatione. Swearingf. Death, killing, blood, terrorism, or tortureg. First-person shooter video gamesh. Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorialsi. Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals

The reason why they could do the joker is because they focused on just a goofy villain who looks like a clown. All the murder he did in the comics just isn't present in the Lego sets. Also the theme is way more fictional while the simpsons is still Somewhat realistic (mostly). This means they could do a Moe figure as long they don't focus on him as a bartender who serves alcohol.

The Joker

Peter Pettigrew

Those are pretty unrealistic characters

Moe, on the other hand, is a bartender

I think people generally misconstrue the whole "not kid-friendly for LEGO" statement. LEGO's proved constantly over the years that they can do more mature themes. And I don't think people give kids enough credit. Moe serves drinks, yes, but it's not like LEGO's telling kids to go drink beer. They're selling a figure of a fictional character in a fictional TV show. Besides, if someone really did have a problem with a Moe figure for those reasons, they probably wouldn't be watching The Simpsons in the first place.

As for a Series 3, I really hope we still get one. I used to think it was really likely because of all the major characters they seemed to leave out (Moe, Skinner, Sideshow Bob), but with the Disney series coming I'm beginning to think that The Simpsons is done. If that's true, then I'm at least happy with what we got. I certainly never expected to get The Simpsons anyway. :classic:

Everyone in the us knows that drinking alcohol or associating with it is far worse than murder and rape. While the rest of the world is baffled. You can blame the American twisted sense of morality for never having Moe or Barney in LEGO form. I don't think even Saudi Arabia has such strong views on alcohol.

As for a Series 3, I really hope we still get one. I used to think it was really likely because of all the major characters they seemed to leave out (Moe, Skinner, Sideshow Bob), but with the Disney series coming I'm beginning to think that The Simpsons is done. If that's true, then I'm at least happy with what we got. I certainly never expected to get The Simpsons anyway. :classic:

I was surprised they did Edna Krabappel before Principal Skinner. A Principal Skinner minifigure would be great. I'd like a SuperIntendent Chalmers one to go with him too.

I was surprised they did Edna Krabappel before Principal Skinner. A Principal Skinner minifigure would be great. I'd like a SuperIntendent Chalmers one to go with him too.

Yeah, Willie and Krabappel in Series 2 made me really certain that they were saving Skinner for Series 3. I guess not though (or maybe they planned a Series 3 but changed their mind to Disney early on).

I think the Simpsons are very bad sellers. You can tell by the supply lasting way longer than normal series. Almost every character needs a unique new mold for the head so the cost of production is probably higher too.

Also the effect of "must get them all" versus "i'll just get the ones i like" plays a role, as I am either going to get all the Simpsons, or none at all, and I think many are put off by the idea of even starting due to cost.

Unless they are bound by a contract, I am pretty certain a S3 isn't happening, but then again I thought that for S2

Edited by Sven F

I think the Simpsons are very bad sellers. You can tell by the supply lasting way longer than normal series. Almost every character needs a unique new mold for the head so the cost of production is probably higher too.

Also the effect of "must get them all" versus "i'll just get the ones i like" plays a role, as I am either going to get all the Simpsons, or none at all, and I think many are put off by the idea of even starting due to cost.

Unless they are bound by a contract, I am pretty certain a S3 isn't happening, but then again I thought that for S2

If the Simpsons stuff doesn't sell well, it's nothing to do with the show (the show's extremely popular) but the extortionate prices they charge. For example: most people won't be able to afford The Simpsons' House - you need to be a millionaire to afford either of the two Simpsons sets.

I am nowhere close to a millionaire and I have The Simpsons House, Kwik E Mart, and all their minifigs.

Everyone spends their money on things they don't "need," we all just have different thresholds for what we find to be worth it or not.

Look at the endless amount of Star Wars Lego's.....imagine how much $ people have spent over the years on those. A hell of a lot more than the combined cost of every Simpsons Lego released, that's for sure. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Batman, Minecraft, and many others, there are a lot of Lego releases that equal a lot more than every Simpsons release. The Shield Helicarrier is $350. The Tumbler is $200. The Millenium Falcon is $150. There is a Minecraft set with less than 1,000 pieces that's $100. The Tower of Orthanc is $200. And I could go on and on.

Anyway....they are toys for kids that adults spend a lot of money on to collect. The Simpsons stuff isn't any different from all the other series. If it sells well enough, they'll keep making them until they run out of ideas. Which with The Simpsons probably isn't much longer anyway. I would think at most they would do 1 or 2 more minifig series, and MAYBE 2 or 3 more environments.

Edited by mva5580

If the Simpsons stuff doesn't sell well, it's nothing to do with the show (the show's extremely popular) but the extortionate prices they charge. For example: most people won't be able to afford The Simpsons' House - you need to be a millionaire to afford either of the two Simpsons sets.

The Lego Death Star costs $400 dolars and has been a top seller for 7 years. The Sydney Opera house is $350. Lego is expensive and people shell out the cash every year. that is why they are the number one toymaker in the world. The Simpsons House was sold out during the summer and thay had to produce more of the them. Price is never usually a deal breaker because Lego is a household name and they stand for quality and that is why no matter what theme it is, if it says Lego people will buy it.The Kwik e Mart has a very high consumer rating on S@H.

The Kwik-E-Mart at all the Lego stores close to my home were sold out immediately after release date and it took months until I found a store who still had one left. Maybe at some places they just sell better then at others.

I am nowhere close to a millionaire and I have The Simpsons House, Kwik E Mart, and all their minifigs.

I would be keeping a close eye on your money if I was you then. Certainly if I did that, I would be bankrupt in no time...

Look at the endless amount of Star Wars Lego's.....imagine how much $ people have spent over the years on those. A hell of a lot more than the combined cost of every Simpsons Lego released, that's for sure. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Batman, Minecraft, and many others, there are a lot of Lego releases that equal a lot more than every Simpsons release. The Shield Helicarrier is $350. The Tumbler is $200. The Millenium Falcon is $150. There is a Minecraft set with less than 1,000 pieces that's $100. The Tower of Orthanc is $200. And I could go on and on.

That's up to them but personally, I think people who buy every LEGO set of a range or the expensive sets you list need to give themselves a strict budgeting regime if they're not millionaires otherwise they'll soon go into debt.

I'd say that expecting the third CMF Simpsons series is not a wise thing. Even without other licenses, Simpsons' existence is already competing with LEGO's CMF regular series in the view of annual schedule issue. Since there are other good candidates of licenses LEGO already cooperate with for some time, Simpsons shouldn't litereally monopolize the CMF series line.

I agree that not all people could afford Simpsons' house and Kwik-E-Mart, but that doesn't say LEGO couldn't do some medium sets with other new characters so that consumers and kids can afford. If it's just that fans want to get new Simpsons characters in a cheap way (CMF series), that sounds abit spoiled.

Not even mention Dimensions packs which are not really cheap, though perhaps, still fast for fans to get.

As for Moe, I guess Moe's Tavern has a very poor chabce to pass the test as a regular set, but Moe the character himself doesn't have to be rejected. Hopefully he'll eventually appear in any set which is unrelevant with alcohol thing.

Edited by Dorayaki