Sign in to follow this  
Trunkbass

[Petition] Save LEGO the Lord of the Rings

In case you missed the laughing fave, my comment above was a joke. I well aware that Lego will never make Game of Thrones, and if they ever did, the theme would sell about as well as LotR did in the beginning. I was simply making a humorous analogy to Hero Factory/Bionicle.

Just throwing my two cents on this subject; as a big fan of GoT, it'll never, ever, ever be a Lego theme! :laugh:

I can imagine all the apropriate sets they could make already:

Wedding at the Twins

Robb Stark has no choice but to marry of his uncle to the daughter of Walder Frey! But Walder is not happy... Help Robb and his family get out before it's to late! Comes with NEW Rains of Castamere sound brick, swapable Grey WInd head for Robb and newly moulded crosbow arrows.

40$

Tyrion's trial by combat

The Red Viper of Dorne has chosen to rescue Tyrion's head from being attatched to the city gates! But in his way stands the fearsome Mountain that rides! Help Oberyn Martell defeat the Mountian with his newly moulded spear, and bring down this terrible man before he gets in your eyes!

30$

Bran's tower climb

30$

The drunk king Robert and his men have left Winterfell to hunt Boar, Bran takes this opportunity to go on one of his dangerous climbing trips! Help Bran escape the claws of Jaime Lannister, who his not happy about you discovering his close relatinship with his sister, before he pushes you out of the window!

:grin:

Signed the petition by the way.

Edited by Mr Breden

That Minas Tirith is terrible. We all agreed on this months before.. There are plenty of other Minas Tirith projects whicj are worthy to support.

It's not perfect but it could get 10000 votes so support it!

I'm sure it won't be released but it would be a statement, just like this petition.

That Minas Tirith is terrible. We all agreed on this months before.. There are plenty of other Minas Tirith projects whicj are worthy to support.

Did we? I think it is a fairly good representation of the castle, considering the limitations.

Eh, it was basically Blazej and Alcarin who agreed on it. I think it looks pretty cool, if awkward to display beside Orthanc.

So, is the petition posted on 9gag yet? And what about all the memes that were suggested?

I wouldn't want Minas Tirith to look exactly like https://ideas.lego.com/projects/36275 but it is the best chance we have of getting a Minas Tirith set to 10000.

Since when had Lego taken a Lego Ideas project and made it identical piece for piece anyways?... Not sure why people are worried so much by what Lego Ideas projects look like you are voting more for the idea than the exact design.

Edited by Bycougars

Elessar said he's going to make a post on the official TheOneRing.net Facebook page... lets hope this happens soon as we've been going back and forth for a couple weeks now via PM...

I wouldn't want Minas Tirith to look exactly like https://ideas.lego.com/projects/36275 but it is the best chance we have of getting a Minas Tirith set to 10000.

Since when had Lego taken a Lego Ideas project and made it identical piece for piece anyways?... Not sure why people are worried so much by what Lego Ideas projects look like you are voting more for the idea than the exact design.

It is because if that makes it to 10000 (unlikely any time soon) and it passes review (even more unlikely) then lego will make something that looks like that. Sure they will redesign a few bits here and there but the finalised set will have the same spirit. They won't throw the original design away and build just the gates, or just the citadel, for example.

Elessar said he's going to make a post on the official TheOneRing.net Facebook page... lets hope this happens soon as we've been going back and forth for a couple weeks now via PM...

Thanks, that's good news!

How can you say it is terrible when, first of all, it is a Eurobricks member's MOC, posted right here in the history forum, and secondly, is, in my opinion, an amazing budget Minas Tirith? Even if you do think it's awful, it has by far the most support of any Minas Tirith on LEGO Ideas, and as others have said, it won't be adapted literally; none of them are. My main concern would be whether TLG would even consider releasing a fan's choice model that is so enormous, based on a theme that has, to all appearances, disappeared.

How can you say it is terrible when, first of all, it is a Eurobricks member's MOC, posted right here in the history forum, and secondly, is, in my opinion, an amazing budget Minas Tirith? Even if you do think it's awful, it has by far the most support of any Minas Tirith on LEGO Ideas, and as others have said, it won't be adapted literally; none of them are. My main concern would be whether TLG would even consider releasing a fan's choice model that is so enormous, based on a theme that has, to all appearances, disappeared.

I completely agree with you, this Minas Tirith is the closest set we have to reaching the 10000 mark, but the main issue will be if TLG would actually produce an ideas project of this size.

Sometimes it seems they staff pick things for a laugh. After all, they are currently featuring the Imperial Hot Tub too.

True I wonder how much a staff pick actually means, however if anything it will help increase the votes for it, it is already over six thousand votes.

Two months ago NujuMetru's Minas Tirith got 10 000 supporters. This is great news, but we still need everything we have to deliver the message to LEGO.

The petition is on its way to 2000, but it could do way better. Is there any news on postage on major websites? Could there be more interest know that we almost know for sure that nothing is coming anymore?

Please sign and share the petition here, and support all relevant LoTR and Hobbit projects on LEGO Ideas, especially some projects of Anduin1710, Rakrondewl and Hawk1199 are really worth supporting in my opinion.

Let's do another effort to make LEGO understand we still want this!