Sign in to follow this  
joopsta

Making a Lego death star out of an IKEA lamp

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Today I was at IKEA and bought a nice lamp. It looks like a death star. I think you can create a Nice Lego death star out of it by glueing little grey Lego plates onto it. I'm not a MOCer myself, but maybe someone here can try it. I think it will be great looking.

Here's a link to the lamp:

http://m.ikea.com/nl...s/art/40251119/

EDIT:

Here are some pics of the lamp. You can open and close it.

IMG_20140819_161927.jpg

IMG_20140819_161937.jpg

Nice lamp......AND IT EXPLODES!!!!!

That is so cool, It is perfect for the Death Star.

You could use Kragle on some clone bricks to be attached to the lamp. Then, your Lego death star 'skin' could be a attached to the clone bricks. I don't know how you feel about attaching your Lego to clone bricks though. :look:

You could use Kragle on some clone bricks to be attached to the lamp. Then, your Lego death star 'skin' could be a attached to the clone bricks. I don't know how you feel about attaching your Lego to clone bricks though. :look:

am I reading this right? Kragle AND clone bricks... you might as well forsake Lego all together! however, I know a few highly skilled painters who could easily paint that into a Lego Death Star. that is the only reasonable option I can see.

That's a nice lamp! Too bad they don't sell it in France :sceptic:

They do! It's on the new catalogue, I saw it in an ikea store the other day they were installing them for display.

am I reading this right? Kragle AND clone bricks... you might as well forsake Lego all together! however, I know a few highly skilled painters who could easily paint that into a Lego Death Star. that is the only reasonable option I can see.

But as putting kragle on something, isn't it better to sacrifice some clones instead of holy lego parts ?

Edited by EvilBlackSheep

They do! It's on the new catalogue, I saw it in an ikea store the other day they were installing them for display.

Oh thanks! I need to go see it at my local Ikea store :classic:

Yes! Kragle the Mega Blox!

Edited by AwesomeBantha