Sign in to follow this  
nokialover31

What is this walker?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I found this image: DSC01472

My question is from which set this walker if from? I've never seen it, I have 7671 and 7250, but where does this in photo come from??

That's an AT-ST but some people call it a "Chicken Walker". I'm not sure what set it's from but by the look of it, it's from an older Star Wars set. You can tell because of the Stormtroopers that were used along with the blasters they're holding.

Thanks! What do u suggest me to buy? 7127 or 7657? I'm a classic original espisodes 4-5-6 lego star wars collectionist, 7127 is from 2001, 7657 is from 2007, but this last one is more 'imperial' then the first version (7127). Why chwebekka is on an imperial walker?! In 7657 there is an imperial man instead.

I pimped mine when I got it (back in 2001 this was advanced photography kids!):

pic_3356.jpg

pic_3358.jpg

Edited by HJR-Holland

7217 or 7657??

Neither. Try to get the one from 8038. There are quite a few for sale online, and getting the individual parts should not be a problem.

i collect lego star wars from episode 4-5-6, i have to choose between these 2 walkers for my collection!

7217 or 7657??

I would suggest this set: http://www.bricklink...em.asp?S=8038-1 for the most accurate AT-ST Walker.

EDIT: HJR beat me to it, while I was figuring out how to hyperlink :look:

Edited by commdr_neyo

Ok, i bought it... even if it's from 2009 and i would prefer the original sets!! Now I wait it arrives from US to Italy...

I don't want to do an Ewok's battle set, I just want some pieces I like...

I would think the 10174 is the most accurate and awesome AT-ST. The build is just fantastic. It's just a bit pricey since it's a retired set.

You can find the 8038 AT-ST fpr a decent price on eBay or Bricklink, although the cheapest I've seen them going for is about $25 each.

Why chwebekka is on an imperial walker?! In 7657 there is an imperial man instead.

Chewbacca famously stole one in RotJ.

I would think the 10174 is the most accurate and awesome AT-ST. The build is just fantastic. It's just a bit pricey since it's a retired set.

10174 is UCS series, I don't collect them

In the comparison between the two, 7657 looks almost better than 8038, but 7657 is much more movie accurate. A really tough choice. I guess 8038 was a good buy, assuming you want a very accurate model.

If you like accurateness go for 8038, if you like sturdiness go for 7657, I have both but only kept the 7657 one built, later I just altered into something more appealing.

Yes, the 'head' of the 8038 model has some very exaggerated angles and its sides are a little more simplified, but overall, it looks like a less blocky, less primitive, more refined model. Remember that even though being movie-accurate is a good thing, accuracy does not automatically imply aesthetic beauty. Sometimes there are compromises that have to be made in order to work with the limitations of building something out of LEGO. Generally, an accurate model looks good because it looks right, but a gappy or blocky model with more accurate angles is still a gappy or blocky model.

Today I bought 8038's AT-ST, but i just want to understand why you all believe that 8038 is more accurate then 7657.

7657 has a lateral multiple cannon more movie accurate then 8038, and even head and eyes seem to be more similar to movie's AT-ST.

7127 from 2001 is not good, but why you all prefer 8038?

To be honest, I don't know why everyone else on this site prefers the 8038 version compared to the 7657 version. 7657 looks much better in design, covering up the skeleton that is exposed in 8038. While I see the accuracy of 8038, but 7657 is accurate as well and looks a lot more appealing.

7657 looks much better in design, covering up the skeleton that is exposed in 8038.

Why would you want to cover up the Technic innards? They look a lot more intriguing and a lot closer to the mechanical workings of the 'real' AT-ST than blocky plate and hinge assemblies do.