Sign in to follow this  
BrickBob Studpants

SDCC 2014 Unikitty Review

I pretty much consider myself a completionist... unless SDCC exclusive minifigures are involved, in which case I usually just pretend they don't exist :grin: In this case however, I just couldn't resist. I mean it's UNIKITTY! And the two cutest facial expressions we've seen so far! The moment I laid eyes on it, I knew I had to get it no matter the cost. And indeed, it may have cost me an arm and a leg (and typing with just one hand is way harder than you might expect :tongue:) but was it worth it? Read on to find out! (The obvious answer is yes :laugh:)

First off, here's the packaging:

14841729422_fa691b3c47_z.jpg

14841729252_f241589919_z.jpg

14842081695_bfb926805d_z.jpg

Nothing too fancy, but it looks nice and vibrant nonetheless :sweet: The display card inside is also used for the instructions:

14655379730_2fd4edba15_z.jpg

14839720064_fea411c6cd_z.jpg

The complete "set":

14838998671_b7a669f2be_z.jpg

It's so adorable :wub: Too bad there aren't enough parts to make two complete Unikittys out of it :sceptic: Bricklink away I guess... And where exactly is the "flick of the wrist" action the initial SDCC report promised? :tongue:

14838998341_9536254067_z.jpg

The complete Unikitty collection... Hooray! :grin: And since the eyebrows are printed on a separate plate, you can swap the expressions, which is a great touch :wub:

14861945153_d7d5044268_z.jpg

14655461618_e47375e0f7_z.jpg

14838997631_86fe802147_z.jpg

I think the one in the middle is the best one, it just cracks me up :grin: The swapping possibilities are quite limited as of now, but we're pretty much guaranteed at least two new regular (i.e. non-angry) Unikittys next year :thumbup: To sum it up, this is definitely my favorite version Unikitty (or shall I say versions?) out of all of them. It's still quite expensive on ebay, but don't hesitate if you get a chance to pick it up, it's really worth it :sweet:

Oh that Uni-Kitty is so adorable, the price is not as bad as I suspected though.

Beat me to it! I was planning on doing a review - I've got two myself - but I was under the impression that I had to join the review academy first, and before I do that I need to put together a suitable setup to take pictures in..

Really cute! I like that the instructions are printed on the inside of the card. I haven't opened mine yet, but now I'm itching to!

For those interested, SDCC Unikitties seemed to have bottomed out around the $90 - $95 USD range each on eBay, but it's worth keeping an eye out to see if the price drops any lower.

You can still do your review. There is no limit on EB the number of times a set can be reviewed. It is good to have other perspectives.

Unikitty is one of my favorites! I love the picture of them all together! :sweet:

Thanks for the comments! :thumbup:

@opn2: As dr_spock mentioned, there's nothing stopping you from doing your own review - maybe your opinion diverges from mine? :grin:

@bekindsorewind: Yes, the baggie is sealed, just like a normal LEGO parts bag you can find in regular sets :wink:

@Kalhiki: I agree, it adds a lot of character to an already excellent "minifigure" :wub: By the looks of it, we'll even get more eyebrow variety next year, so there's something to look forward too :sweet:

It's okay, but not exactly very unique. I would have preferred a more unique variation to be exclusive because it seems too similar to be worth buying for a complete set.

http://www.ebay.com/...nikitty&_sop=15

This is the pricing on Ebay with Buy It Now & Price + Shipping: lowest first set. $95... No.

Edit:

http://www.ebay.com/...nc&LH_Auction=1

Change the setting to Auction. Your better off trying your hand at winning an auction.

http://www.ebay.com/...unikitty&_sop=1

But not by much as these are what they get up to when they end.

Edited by Tech Artist

I really want this but eBAY is way too expensive to ship to Europe (customs and stuff). If anyone wants to sell his or her Unikitty: PM me!