somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

The fake website for the company that owns and operates the Jurrassic World themepark mentions that InGen is doing some work in Siberia digging out wolly mammoths.

Here's the quote:

November 2014: InGen expands its excavations to Siberia

The new InGen facility “Martel” based in Siberia has now opened. A rotating research team of nine scientists and an excavation crew of 45 persons will undergo 18 months of drilling at 42 glacial ice locations. The team hopes to find organic remains dating from 40,000 to 200,000 years ago. The state of the art research base has been two years in the making, and is believed to be situated over a group of wooly mammoths buried under the permafrost. "This could potentially herald a new era of scientific discovery, helping us map out our natural history like never before. I'm excited to finally see Martel on completion," expressed an excited Dr. Henry Wu, eager to add to InGen's ever growing genomic library.

So I wonder if there will be a portion of the movie that takes place in Siberia, or even better an 'Ice Age' portion of the park with wolly mamoths, saber-toothed tigers, and dire wolves, and that is the reason we've seen a white D-rex, because he blending in with the snowy environment. I'd LOVE to see some Lego wolly mammoths.

Oh, I just realized. We're getting 4 raptors with different prints - probably Chris Pratt's 4 different raptors. They'll probably have different names and personality!

The fake website for the company that owns and operates the Jurrassic World themepark mentions that InGen is doing some work in Siberia digging out wolly mammoths.

Here's the quote:

So I wonder if there will be a portion of the movie that takes place in Siberia, or even better an 'Ice Age' portion of the park with wolly mamoths, saber-toothed tigers, and dire wolves, and that is the reason we've seen a white D-rex, because he blending in with the snowy environment. I'd LOVE to see some Lego wolly mammoths.

That could be the reason for the white D-rex which brings up two questions, have Lego pick the right color for the D-rex, is white his most iconic look in the film and two could we egt more than one D-rex with a more normal color?

I really enjoyed the trailer. I do find the whole "new dinosaur combo!" kinda weird, though. And I LOVE the idea of trained Raptors. It's going to increase the drama a lot if even JP's classic Raptor-trope can't take down the D-Rex.

Agreed LOTR343, they've done well with the mosasaurus (it made me jump the first time) and although the gigantic stadium has ruined the chance of a aquarium mosasaurus set, I hope its lego counterpart turns up somewhere.

I actually quite like the idea of a trained raptor pack pursuing the D Rex, though the reactions to the shot of star lord on his motorbike weirdly reminded me of to the Tolkien fans reception to Radagast's sleigh in the Hobbit.

The sets are going to be epic.

Edited by Dragonlego27

I know this is going to sound like a newbie question, but...

Has anyone seen a set list? Even a rough one?

Perhaps number of sets and rough prices estimates? (in either USD or GBP)

I'm thinking 2015 is going to be a tough year on my wallet and wanted to get a head start on saving up my cash.

Whatever the cost I'm gonna have to get all the Jurassic World sets. Don't know about the Avengers sets anymore.

I know this is going to sound like a newbie question, but...

Has anyone seen a set list? Even a rough one?

Perhaps number of sets and rough prices estimates? (in either USD or GBP)

I'm thinking 2015 is going to be a tough year on my wallet and wanted to get a head start on saving up my cash.

Whatever the cost I'm gonna have to get all the Jurassic World sets. Don't know about the Avengers sets anymore.

there was a leaked price list iirc, let me dig it up.

Here it is:

Using S@H price comparisons for both regions, I've come up with the US prices.

NZD Prices:

49.99 - PT IP B 1

79.99 - PT IP B 2

109.99 - PT IP B 3

149.99 - PT IP B 4

219.99 - PT IP B 5

USD Prices:

$19.99 - PT IP B 1

$39.99 (oddly, the only set I could find with this was the Barrel Escape. Other $40 USD sets were 89.99 or 99.99 NZD) - PT IP B 2

$49.99 - PT IP B 3

$69.99 - PT IP B 4

$119.99 - PT IP B 5 (DAMN!)

Yeah, it's great to see a very expensive set in new movie lines (yes, I know JP3 LEGO existed... but come on...). LEGO did this with Ninja Turtles in July, having that $100 set. Now, they have a $120 set for Jurassic World!

I don't know if these are confirmed, although I think they're at least pretty close. Edited by arc

there was a leaked price list iirc, let me dig it up.

Here it is:

I don't know if these are confirmed, although I think they're at least pretty close.

ThankYou Arc. If you lived in the UK I'd buy you a beer.

ThankYou Arc. If you lived in the UK I'd buy you a beer.

um, thanks. If I lived in the UK, I might have taken you up on that. :wink:

Anyway, this pure speculation at this point, but I would hope that the 40$ set includes chris pratt, his motorcycle, 3 raptors, and there enclosure. Boy would that make a set.

Hopefully now that the molds no longer have an "R&D pricetag" like the last DINO line, we should be able to get pretty awesome sets for our money.

So far we've seen leaked 7 creatures total for 5 sets. Hopefully we'll get another target/toyrus exclusive set, bit even if we don't I'm praying they held back at least one beast from the leaks (and not the Triceratops or the Ptranadon from the last line)

I'd pay seriously good money for a set that had a hanging shark and a mosasaur.

Edited by IronDan

I just hope it wont be outlaw motorcycle gang where Chriss Pratt will be the leader of raptors, if it will happen it'll be parody

My guess is that they're fleeing from big bad dino. There isn't time to attack puny humans when being chased by a monster that wants to kill you.

um, thanks. If I lived in the UK, I might have taken you up on that. :wink:

Anyway, this pure speculation at this point, but I would hope that the 40$ set includes chris pratt, his motorcycle, 3 raptors, and there enclosure. Boy would that make a set.

My guess is that they're fleeing from big bad dino. There isn't time to attack puny humans when being chased by a monster that wants to kill you.

Guys... Raptors don't run from T-Rex's. They hunt them. And Chris Pratt is going to take so much advantage of that fact :3

But anyways, the point is, I'd guess maybe two of the four raptors (since they appear to all be unique) will be in a smaller set with Owen (Chris Pratt's character), and the other two will be in the big set hunting the D-Rex (The genetically modified dino from the trailer and the big bad white guy in those pics of the dino pieces, or so I'm assuming.)

Anyone willing to speculate on a Polybag?

Are we likely to get one? and what could be in it (other that Owen/Chris Pratt)

John Hammond statue minifig? (Though that'll probably come in one of the sets.)

Edited by Rune Haako

I think we'll get two raptors in the cheapest set, one in the T-Rex set (the £69.99 one) and one in the largest, D-Rex set. No idea where the Ceolyphisis comes in though :-S

I think the £39.99 set will feature the mosasaurus, and hopefully the £49.99 set will include an apatosaurus (and maybe the Ceolyphisis?)

I saw the trailer, only set that I can think of is Owen's motorcycle which is shown in the end, chasing some dinos.

I saw the trailer, only set that I can think of is Owen's motorcycle which is shown in the end, chasing some dinos.

I was thinking the gates as part of a monorail set, maybe a mosoaur arena, something with the d-rex, and definitely one with Chris and some raptors.

I was thinking the gates as part of a monorail set, maybe a mosoaur arena, something with the d-rex, and definitely one with Chris and some raptors.

I thought the D-Rex would be part of the monorail set.

I thought the D-Rex would be part of the monorail set.

I thought it might come with herbivores, but that probably makes more sense. Especially when I think about it from a marketing stand point. "Save jurassic world from the d-rex!" Probably sells better than, "watch the herbivores eat plants!"

Bear in mind we may not even get a Monorail, guys. Hopefully we do, but Lego could do anything at this stage.

I personally only have one real hope - we get a lot of JW staff. I don't want lots of the same figures such as Owen, and no staff for the park. Staff minifigs are crucial.

I'd also hope that our £20 set consists of the JW 4x4, a small piece of structure, and a raptor. :)