Maybe they began with gold katana and after entering the Cursed Realm, they were slowly drained and turned into dark ones. Although the katana are never seen in the show (except for Kai's, which shows up every two seasons).

?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Edited by Mandate

?

Yeah same. I was more thinking something like Percy Jackson, where only the bronze, or in this case gold, can destroy the ghosts.

Just got the ElectroMech in the post today, and I have to say although it's the first Ninjago set I've bought since 2012 it's pretty dang awesome. My only real complaint with it is the lack of a proper seat for Jay to actually sit in when piloting the mech. Other than that, it's a brilliant set and probably a perfect introduction back into the theme for me... (unfortunately for my wallet) :tongue:

Just got the ElectroMech in the post today, and I have to say although it's the first Ninjago set I've bought since 2012 it's pretty dang awesome. My only real complaint with it is the lack of a proper seat for Jay to actually sit in when piloting the mech. Other than that, it's a brilliant set and probably a perfect introduction back into the theme for me... (unfortunately for my wallet) :tongue:

Same! Going to do a review of it soon.

?

What I mean, is that the katana may only be symbolic, as they are barely seen in the TV Series, and if they do travel into the Cursed Realm, the golden katana may be drained of their gold and become black.

What I mean, is that the katana may only be symbolic, as they are barely seen in the TV Series, and if they do travel into the Cursed Realm, the golden katana may be drained of their gold and become black.

What golden katana? You mean the sword of fire? That was destroyed a while back...

Hate to be a downer on your party, but it's not a good idea to speculate on how the TV show will play out based off of the sets for the most part. It almost always ends up in derailed hype trains or disappointment. I'd even go far as to say that speculating on the TV show itself ends up being false in the end. Example: Group of people insisting that Griffin Turner was/is Dr Julien because Garmadon sassed Jay (not kidding). In some cases speculation can be somewhat correct, I remember saying a while back that the MechDragon was the new form for the Overlord, and while I was incorrect today as I was browsing Target I found the shelf label for the set called it "Overlord dragon" (something like that, can't remember the specifics, but it definitely had the word Overlord in it), which I would assume was a preliminary set name that didn't get corrected in their catologue.

This discussion belongs in the TV thread, btw.

Hate to be a downer on your party, but it's not a good idea to speculate on how the TV show will play out based off of the sets for the most part. It almost always ends up in derailed hype trains or disappointment. I'd even go far as to say that speculating on the TV show itself ends up being false in the end. Example: Group of people insisting that Griffin Turner was/is Dr Julien because Garmadon sassed Jay (not kidding). In some cases speculation can be somewhat correct, I remember saying a while back that the MechDragon was the new form for the Overlord, and while I was incorrect today as I was browsing Target I found the shelf label for the set called it "Overlord dragon" (something like that, can't remember the specifics, but it definitely had the word Overlord in it), which I would assume was a preliminary set name that didn't get corrected in their catologue.

This discussion belongs in the TV thread, btw.

But, if you read my comment properly, you would've read that I said they were only symbolic and have no relevance to the show. And yeah, the MechDragon was actually listed as the 'Overlord Dragon'.

So yeah... apparently my Lego store has had all Spring wave sets for the past week available for sale. Can't decide what to pick up though.

So yeah... apparently my Lego store has had all Spring wave sets for the past week available for sale. Can't decide what to pick up though.

Dude, I think the USA have had the sets for quite a while now.

They haven't. Penkid has been checking for quite a while now, and I'd say it's long overdue especially with how huge this year is in terms of sets.

I seen the new set out at Wal-Mart and Meijer stores. And I am thinking Target also. (My memory is a little fuzzy as to what I seen and where I seen it. I guess I checked out to many places today.)

Oh? I didn't know they were supposed to be out, I saw the entire wave at a local Target yesterday.

Yeah, the Lego store is not supposed to have them available for online sales before March 1st (i.e. today) and not sure whether they were physically in Lego stores before that date, but Toys R Us has had them available online and in store for a week now (maybe a bit longer). By this week, they should be available everywhere and plentiful. Now the wait for the summer sets begins! In NA based on the August release dates shown at Toy Fair, we should see them at TRU sometime mid-July.

Well that is half true.

I did see the Anacondrai Crusher at a local Target (it was the only Spring wave set for any theme that they had) a couple weeks ago. Other than that, the new stuff wasn't as available in my area as much as it was for others. It's funny, especially since I have a Toys R Us, 2 Targets, 2 Walmarts, and a Lego Store all withing 20 minutes of each other, and none of them were very fruitful until yesterday.

However, the official release date in March 1st (today). Meaning that most if not all of the aforementioned stores will be stocked with the new stuff.

One thing is for sure... I NEED the DB X.

I've been out of the loop since before NYTF and now checking the news/photos, I don't see any info or pics of 70730 - "Chain Cycle Ambush" or 70731 "Jay Walker One". I don't think we have ever seen a photo of 70730 and nothing other than a prelim pick of 70731. So, does 70730 even exist at this point? Has 70731 been mothballed? Were there any better pics of 70731? Given the numbering of the sets, I would assume that they are smaller than 70733 (Cole's bike) and has there ever been a mention of a 70732? Has anyone heard anything...? Is it possible that those sets now don't exist and didn't make it past the preliminary stage? Has that ever even happened?

Chain Cycle Ambush is probably just a preliminary name for Cole's vehicle. Jay Walker One could be an exclusive (possible) or a polybag (unlikely); neither type is shown at Toy Fairs.

Edited by DraikNova

Chain Cycle Ambush is probably just a preliminary name for Cole's vehicle. Jay Walker One could be an exclusive (possible) or a polybag (unlikely); neither type is shown at Toy Fairs.

The issue is that they have different set numbers.

Chain Cycle Ambush is 70730 while the Blaster Bike is 70733.

I've been out of the loop since before NYTF and now checking the news/photos, I don't see any info or pics of 70730 - "Chain Cycle Ambush" or 70731 "Jay Walker One". I don't think we have ever seen a photo of 70730 and nothing other than a prelim pick of 70731. So, does 70730 even exist at this point? Has 70731 been mothballed? Were there any better pics of 70731? Given the numbering of the sets, I would assume that they are smaller than 70733 (Cole's bike) and has there ever been a mention of a 70732? Has anyone heard anything...? Is it possible that those sets now don't exist and didn't make it past the preliminary stage? Has that ever even happened?

I wouldn't worry about not having any more info on these sets at the moment, they're probably going to be retail exclusives so we'll eventually get pictures closer to the release date (whenever that is), they usually aren't shown at toy fairs, so that's why there's no pictures, except for the 70731 prelim. Speaking of which, that set doesn't look smaller than the Blaster Bike, from the preliminary piece count it looks like a $40/£35 set, 70730 Chain Cycle Ambush will most likely be about the same size as the Blaster Bike (or maybe bigger, considering how retail exclusives are priced).

Polybags are normally 3**** sets. I saw a video some where saything this summer would be a 10 (or 11) set wave. 70730, 70731, and 70732 could be exclusives. Here in the US back in 2012 we got an excluisve for Target, Walmart and ToysRUs. Wouldn't be totally unheard of. Hopefully if the are exclusive they get an exclusive minifig or 2. Something like the Dojo Showdown in the winter wave.

In regards to the book, I still want a Stone Armor Jay or Cole. Similar to the Lloyd, Zane, and target excluizve Kai already seen.

EDIT: on that note, the minifig for the Star Wars dictionary was recectly revealed. They seem to unvail the charcter about 2 months in advance. With that, we'll see the Secret World fig some time in April with the book being released in June.

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago