CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Lego's target market however would prefer hulk. They don't care about getting 3 hulks. They just want all the characters from avengers 2 and some sets they can play with. Besides I would prefer to have all of the Avengers from the new movie. That's like saying you don't want any of the avengers from avengers 2 because dated versions from a movie 3 years ago already exist. I personally would want all of the avengers from the film in their new looks. Especially Thor, Cap, Black widow, Hawkeye and Iron man (better hair or no/better cheekbones on Black widow??) Those five have the best costume variations of their characters yet especially in regard to cap's new suit.

Edited by legofreak86

I hope they fill the sets with different figs unlike the first film where we got a lot of repeats

As long as we get a Black Widow with the Starlet hairpiece and a new Hulk, I'm happy. But I would indeed like to see Quicksilver and some other important characters besides the Avengers.

This is what i hope to see for the avenger minifigures:

Iron man: doesn't need to have a new helmet, but i would like a new face print on him

Captain America: Hopefully he gets a new hemlet mold, and a new face for him as well

Thor: Maybe Bard's hair in a blonde color, and a silver hammer instead of the regular light gray

Hulk: Doesn't need a new mold for him, but olive green is a better color for him, and hopefully has the printed "A" symbol on his pants

Hawkeye: Long jacket that continues to the legs and a better face for him. He also needs a new hair piece

Black Widow: New hair piece, hopefully the grandma's hair from series 11 minifigures in dark red.

QuickSIlver: Anakin skywalker hair piece in white.

Scarlet Witch: Elizabeth Swan hair piece in dark brown

Ultron: I don't expect a new mold for a helmet, just a plane regular head

Edited by amazingbricks

I really hope we do get a new mold for ultron, it could be really cool

Of course we'll get a new mold for Ultron. He would look weird with just a printed head. That's probably where a majority of our new molds are going to go. I'm not even sure it would make sense to print it, considering a big part of his design are the antennae on the side of his head, which would look bad printed on. The chitauri look bad with printed heads and nothing like their movie counterparts because of this. Hopefully they learn from that.

Apparently a major point in the movie will be the battle between the Hulk and the Hulkbuster. Pretty sure that's gonna be a set.

I agree. I believe there will be 5 sets, they will be a little bit more expensive than the first Avengers sets (with 100€ for the biggest) and they will hold more minifigs. Still, you would need to get 4 of them to get the core Avengers and all 5 to get all minifigs. One will have the aforementioned Hulk (same mold as before) but with different prining than the 2 we got so far. Just my predictions, though..

I agree. I believe there will be 5 sets, they will be a little bit more expensive than the first Avengers sets (with 100€ for the biggest) and they will hold more minifigs. Still, you would need to get 4 of them to get the core Avengers and all 5 to get all minifigs. One will have the aforementioned Hulk (same mold as before) but with different prining than the 2 we got so far. Just my predictions, though..

I tought they where going with just 3 sets? i don't hope so :wacko:

I expect this:

Set 1: Twin attack

Quicksilver (with the Luke Skywalker hair in white) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth swan hair) and 1 Ultron drone, A little bit of scenery with some red stuff for Scarlet and a lantern or stop light with maybe a mailbox or a part of a little house with some break functions.

( That will probably be my favorite set :purrr: because i just love Quicksilver)

Set 2: Ultron Showdown

Ultron, Iron man (new suit), Thor (new suit) and Cap (also new suit and maybe new helmet) 1 Ultron Drone

Broken floor like scenery, some smashed bits from Thor. a ramp like thing and a car for Cap to jump on + a house maybe?

Set 3: The Avengers tower

Bruce/Hulk, Hawkeye (new suit and face), Black Widow (new suit), Iron man, Quicksilver, 2 Ultron Drones

Basically the Avengers tower, some explosion functions and smashing functions, a bar (for tony) and a wall.

I really dont know where the movie takes place, (i've heard all over the world!) but i hope a lot in New York again (as the tower is there)

This is what i hope to see for the avenger minifigures:

Thor: Maybe Bard's hair in a blonde color, and a silver hammer instead of the regular light gray

Hulk: Doesn't need a new mold for him, but olive green is a better color for him, and hopefully has the printed "A" symbol on his pants

QuickSIlver: Anakin skywalker hair piece in white.

Scarlet Witch: Elizabeth Swan hair piece in dark brown

Ultron: I don't expect a new mold for a helmet, just a plane regular head

How is olive green better for Hulk?? Thats just so wrong. Hulk is green. I dont get it why some of you want a new Hulk? They better give us another bigfig for Hulk to fight with (Rhino for instance)

I dont see why Thor's hammer should be silver. He doesnt have a silver hammer. He needs a helmet. Thats what he needs.

I hope Ultron will have a new mold instead of a faceprint. With a lot of people already earning the avengers themselfs, ultron and the drones will be the main reason to buy those sets. And of course Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Scarlet witch and Quicksilver will also be in their movie designs i guess. So thats an easy pass for me. Maybe Quicksilver can be customised in a proper comic version?

In the movie, he's more olive green.

I wish I was able to post some comparison pictures between the film and comics, but they are "not allowed" and the Image option turns it into broken code.

Edited by 8BrickMario

How is olive green better for Hulk?? Thats just so wrong. Hulk is green. I dont get it why some of you want a new Hulk? They better give us another bigfig for Hulk to fight with (Rhino for instance)

I dont see why Thor's hammer should be silver. He doesnt have a silver hammer. He needs a helmet. Thats what he needs.

I hope Ultron will have a new mold instead of a faceprint. With a lot of people already earning the avengers themselfs, ultron and the drones will be the main reason to buy those sets. And of course Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Scarlet witch and Quicksilver will also be in their movie designs i guess. So thats an easy pass for me. Maybe Quicksilver can be customised in a proper comic version?

I think the hulk we got in Lego was way too bright for the movie, olive green is a much better choice for him. And Thors hammer isn't light gray like we got in the sets, it would be much better if the hammer was the same color of leos katanas.

Edited by amazingbricks

Perhaps the Mjolnir would be better in Flat Sliver like the 1x1 round tiles that appear in various sets? But a helmeted Thor would be less useful if he's not seen with it much during the film.

Here's some pictures from new york toy fair 2012, it's a prototype thor. From the picture you can tell that the Mjolnir is a silver color and his hair is a regular blonde, not the bright yellow hair. Hopefully we get this in 2015.

218px-Thor_toy_fair-2.jpg463px-Thor_toy_fair.png

Edited by amazingbricks

Have we ever seen Thor wearing a helmet in any of the movies? I know he carried one briefly in the first Thor, but that's pretty much it isn't it?

I think the Hulk bigfig would be hard to change at this point. He's become kind of oddly iconic. He is the first bigfig to be as cleanly and clearly identifiable as his minifig counterparts. I'm also going to make a wild assed assumption that the Hulks shiny new uniform purple stretch pants will get torn up at some point in the movie. Hulks pants always get torn up. It's been kind of a running gag in Marvel for the past 50 years or so. Kind of like the way all the other heroes stupidly or conspiratorially fail to notice the skinny white nerd dude holding up a pair of badly ripped purple pants, beating feat down the back alley after any hulk battle.

And the only time I know of where Hulk's pants apparently ripped completely was the LEGO Marvel Superheroes game. But even if the Avengers develop some special synthetic fabric for Banner's pants, which he honestly doesn't need, it wouldn't be worth it to LEGO to change the mould, and the ripped pants can be overlooked, anyway.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I think the pants are like the one he had in TIH, except made by Stark. The mould can stay the same, just new printing.

Thot can have Bards in, with sleeves, and new prunting and maybe legs.

Hawkeye will have his new costume and face printing, due to hime not wearing glasses

Brick Show just posted a build video of Rocket's Warbird and Rocket's legs are printed rather than molded like the Simpsons figures.

I was right! And lots of people were doubting me. :tongue:

Yipee!

Brick Show just posted a build video of Rocket's Warbird and Rocket's legs are printed rather than molded like the Simpsons figures. It looks to me like there is printing on top of his foot! This could be good news for boot printing in the future!

LEGO has actually been able to print on top of feet for a while, though I can only think of one occasion where they have with normal minifigure legs, that being the Horseback Rider from the Team GB figs, though I believe Woody and Jessie had it first with the longer type. I guess it's sort of like how they teased the ability to do printing all the way around a head with Lobot, but haven't use it since (even though it would have really helped a few figures I can think of). I really wish these fancy techniques would get more use....

I think the Ultron minifigure will have chest armor and a helmet for a head with transparent red minifigure head under it and I'm guest the Hulk-Buster Armor will be controled by Ultron.

I think the Ultron minifigure will have chest armor and a helmet for a head with transparent red minifigure head under it

That might work well. Whatever they choose to do, hopefully it looks good. Imo, our Loki that we got with the first movie isn't that great.

Have we ever seen Thor wearing a helmet in any of the movies? I know he carried one briefly in the first Thor, but that's pretty much it isn't it?

What about hundreds of comicbooks?? You know the comics where all the stuff is based upon.

Anyway. I think its a shame that Lego is still using the short legs that won't bend. There are custom bendable short legs on the market. And a knockoff brand is also using bendable short legs. Rocket Raccoon would look less stupid if he actually can sit while flying ships.