CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

???

He's the guy who was annoyed at people going off topic a page ago. And as much as I hate it, this really isn't the place for the Spidey discussion.

He's the guy who was annoyed at people going off topic a page ago. And as much as I hate it, this really isn't the place for the Spidey discussion.

I get that, but it seemed more like he didn't like that spidey is joining the MCU, which is blasphemous. :wink:

As far as i'm aware, movie discussion on its own is not particularly allowed. As such, if you mention something movie related i guess you are meant to tie it in with the current discussion to make it allowed.

For example;

- Now that Marvel owns the rights to Spider-man we may see him in potential Lego Civil War sets

- Will we get a new variation of Spider-man based on the Marvel version in the Summer set now? Was the 'pajama spider-man' just a placeholder?

- If they add Spider-man to Age Of Ultron, could we see him in a AoU styled Lego polybag?

Edited by Scarilian

well, it's too late to add Spider-Man to Age of Ultron. Age of Ultron has finished filming and they are on post production stuff now since the movie comes out in less than 3 months.

Then the issue moves from being off the "Marvel Super Heroes Rumors & Discussion" topic to being off the "2015" topic.

Though I suppose Spidey could potentially even be the after-credits scene for AoU, I still doubt it. So unless he's in AntMan, then MCU Spidey discussion should probably go elsewhere or wait for the 2016 thread.

well, it's too late to add Spider-Man to Age of Ultron. Age of Ultron has finished filming and they are on post production stuff now since the movie comes out in less than 3 months.

Not necessarily. While the deal is just being announced now we actually don't know how long this has really been in the works. Marvel could have designed a new costume for Spidey months ago when they first started negotiations. And an after credit scene doesn't generally take much time to do, so there is some small possibility he could make a cameo. Though I think it's unlikely.

I do think it's possible the new Spidey variant could relate to the MCU deal. Marvel could have easily designed a new Spidey in anticipation of the deal and had Lego use it. I think getting an Iron Spider the same year they announce Spider-man will be in Civil War shows that Lego and Marvel were thinking ahead product wise.

I hope we get at least one set for each of the upcoming films, but it'll be interesting to see how the play it when we go to 3 films a year. May and July just about fits, if the January wave becomes March, but the November films- Doctor Strange, Thor Ragnarok, and Captain Marvel- will be between waves. I hope we don't miss out on characters from those films.

Incidentally, now that we're getting an MCU Spiderman film, we're only going to get more sets based on him, but at least a redesign is likely now. The version from 2002 is better than the current one.

I don't have to repeat myself I hope, it seems you are trying to be self policing but on the flipside it becomes a discussion on if you should discuss things... So keep it set topical. Cheers.

Yay for Spidey! Now if only they could get the same deal with Fox.

I doubt we'll see Spidey in this year's movies, but we have already seen the ASM2 polybag, so more movie sets might still be a possibility.

I don't have to repeat myself I hope, it seems you are trying to be self policing but on the flipside it becomes a discussion on if you should discuss things... So keep it set topical. Cheers.

Confused as to what exactly this topic is intended to discuss... Can we talk about the movies if it links to the sets? (E.g. movie based sets) Or is it just Lego set talk? If its just set talk, then not entirely sure what we'll discuss as we've had a Lego news draught since the Helicarrier...

Confused as to what exactly this topic is intended to discuss... Can we talk about the movies if it links to the sets? (E.g. movie based sets) Or is it just Lego set talk? If its just set talk, then not entirely sure what we'll discuss as we've had a Lego news draught since the Helicarrier...

The issue at this point isn't entirely that the movie discussion doesn't impact Lego, so much as the fact that the discussion isn't based on 2015. As much as I agree with you that that makes this thread pointless 90% of the time, it appears the rules will stay such.

And I'm sorry, Peppermint M, but I fail to see how what's on or off topic has been discussed. Half the people talking about Spidey have done so with full realization that it's not technically on topic, I was only informing the others. Call it what you will, but mods can only be around so much. I don't see it as mini modding to gently remind people of rules--It's not like I was telling people what to do.

Well we did get pics of the inside of the tower...

I am well aware about my sometimes illogical and pointless contributionshl however, could we please just get the thread to a point where mods don't have to step I'm every other day?

To echo another suggestion, I think that there should be a dedicated MARVEL Super Heroes thread to discuss anything / everything beyond specific 2015 sets.

Spiderman could appear in CA:Civil War sets. He is poised to appear in one movie before his own but I don't think that he will be more than just a cameo, maybe one of the heroes that is affected. Maybe we won't even get a MCU spiderman until his own movie.

Edited by Ezekiel2517

This Spidey news makes me wonder about that Electro polybag. We saw it a few months ago, but then it went quiet and now it resurfaces days before this announcement. A few months ago, this same topic was in question. Did Lego know that this was going to go down ahead of time?

Polybags are pretty randomly released, right? They don't correspond with waves and such? Because if a deal like this is in place, I really could see us getting an ASM or ASM2 variant Spider-Man or Green Goblin in one.

It's very possible that we could get a Spider-Man related post-credit sequence at this point, since there are still about 3 months until the film's release, and it doesn't take long for them to film those, but the odds of them already having recast the role with a costume fitted and everything are slim to none. Maybe one that insinuates that Webhead's on the MCU team now through some newspaper headlines or an Oscorp easter egg or something, but no sight of our actual friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, so an MCU-based fig at this point is not going to happen.

Do you guys think that now that Marvel is more invested in Spider-Man that he could get even more sets? The cartoon is ending (I think), but maybe now they'll start doing comic sets in the vain of Batman over in DC, or even start production on another cartoon for sets to spawn from.

Polybags are pretty randomly released, right? They don't correspond with waves and such? Because if a deal like this is in place, I really could see us getting an ASM or ASM2 variant Spider-Man or Green Goblin in one.

It also makes me wonder why we're getting the mech rhino since now that this deal is in place, the ASM movies will not be considered canon with the MCU. I'm assuming Lego didn't know anything about the deal though. But I'm sure they might know now, which is why I don't think we'll be getting something like an ASM Green Goblin because they just dug the grave for that franchise.

Edited by Ultron

It also makes me wonder why we're getting the mech rhino since now that this deal is in place, the ASM movies will not be considered canon with the MCU. I'm assuming Lego didn't know anything about the deal though. But I'm sure they might know now, which is why I don't think we'll be getting something like an ASM Green Goblin because they just dug the grave for that franchise.

Are we sure that they won't be canon? None of them interfere with the Marvel canon anymore than any other solo Marvel movie, and Sinister Six is still going to production unhindered. We've seen Marvel recast at least twice without ditching that canon (Bruce Banner and Rhodey). They never specified this as a reboot either. It's certainly not hard to believe that they wouldn't reboot, but until I hear otherwise from an official source, I'm assuming Amazing canon is still canon. I'd say Rhino was made a mechsuit more for the sake of saving money, with his ASM2 appearance as an excuse for it.

Because a Mech Rhino is a cool thing? I mean the set has nothing to do with ASM, it's not an ASM-set, I didn't see Sandman in that movie..

Because a Mech Rhino is a cool thing? I mean the set has nothing to do with ASM, it's not an ASM-set, I didn't see Sandman in that movie..

It's like the Electro set, really. An unofficial tie-in (read as: making copious amounts of money off of a movie they have nothing to do with and skating by Sony's marketing bills :grin: )

He's coming home... no apologies for posting this, because this is HUGE NEWS for MARVEL and LEGO SUPER HERO fans!!!

http://marvel.com/ne...d_of_spider-man

Rules really don't work, as evidenced by posts like this. Ultron kicked it off in this forum when enlightening us about Spidey becoming part of the MCU. After 3 pages of Spider-Man/MCU speculation, a mod steps in, but nothing changes.

See, I check on this forum every now and again for any number of things, even for rumours and discussion about LEGO MARVEL SETS, maybe get a sneak peek at new sets revealed at various toy fairs. Unfortunately, movie news and speculation, wish lists, and other tripe is now the norm. I'd rather see nothing new posted in the thread than have to weed through 3 pages of junk to learn there's nothing new. Oop, forgot to make my rant relevant to Lego Marvel sets.

Oh wait, I guess I don't have to.

Rules really don't work, as evidenced by posts like this. Ultron kicked it off in this forum when enlightening us about Spidey becoming part of the MCU. After 3 pages of Spider-Man/MCU speculation, a mod steps in, but nothing changes.

See, I check on this forum every now and again for any number of things, even for rumours and discussion about LEGO MARVEL SETS, maybe get a sneak peek at new sets revealed at various toy fairs. Unfortunately, movie news and speculation, wish lists, and other tripe is now the norm. I'd rather see nothing new posted in the thread than have to weed through 3 pages of junk to learn there's nothing new. Oop, forgot to make my rant relevant to Lego Marvel sets.

Oh wait, I guess I don't have to.

Here's the deal: whine all you want to, there's still always a massive dead zone of news every year that we have to fill, or else the thread dies off. When there's nothing to talk about that's precisely relevant to the title of the thread, we find something bordering on relevant to fill the space. Unless you expect us to spend the next months discussing a generic Spider-Man polybag, deal with it.

It's like the Electro set, really. An unofficial tie-in (read as: making copious amounts of money off of a movie they have nothing to do with and skating by Sony's marketing bills :grin: )

No it's not, the Electro Polybag is official, it has the logo on the polybag. I wouldn't call Rhino an unofficial tie-in, since it's not like he hasn't been in a Mech suit in any other media.

Here's the deal: whine all you want to, there's still always a massive dead zone of news every year that we have to fill, or else the thread dies off. When there's nothing to talk about that's precisely relevant to the title of the thread, we find something bordering on relevant to fill the space. Unless you expect us to spend the next months discussing a generic Spider-Man polybag, deal with it.

Dude, that's defenitely NOT now. (i really don't want to step in but this makes me :sad: ) Friday is NY Toy Fair, the busiest time of the year for a Lego fan. So not the time for movie discussions

Please guys listen to the mods, it's not fun anymore

Dude, that's defenitely NOT now. (i really don't want to step in but this makes me :sad: ) Friday is NY Toy Fair, the busiest time of the year for a Lego fan. So not the time for movie discussions

Please guys listen to the mods, it's not fun anymore

You're not a mod, give it a break. Why does it matter to you if the thread is silent or people discuss what future sets Spidey is gonna be in while we're in a drought?

I'm positive that we'll forget about Spidey once we get some pictures of the new sets on Friday.