CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

The War Machine figure in that Iron Man 3 set (wasn't it called Extremis Sea Port Battle?) was Mark II. Iron Patriot was WM MK 2 just with paint. I think there was a picture of it w/o paint in some of the news footage. They made a lot of merchandise of War Machine Mark II for IM3 so it is possible that they cut scenes with him out of it. I think that the armor on the minifigure is a little too light, though.

I have two questions:

1. How do I put a spoiler tag? I'm on mobile.

2. Is it possible for us to see a wave of lego sets that come out end of this year or very beginning of next year? Like the most recent wave of dc sets.

Also I was at toys r us the other day and they didn't have electro. The figure is neat but I wish the face printing had bolts or sparks like the other one.

Spoiler tags are spoiler and /spoiler in brackets.

I believe the DC sets come out at the end of the year/beginning of next year so as not to interfere with Marvel's set releases.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

The War Machine figure in that Iron Man 3 set (wasn't it called Extremis Sea Port Battle?) was Mark II. Iron Patriot was WM MK 2 just with paint. I think there was a picture of it w/o paint in some of the news footage. They made a lot of merchandise of War Machine Mark II for IM3 so it is possible that they cut scenes with him out of it. I think that the armor on the minifigure is a little too light, though.

That discussion has been had before, too. :)

I think SDCC exclusives for this year could just be QS & SW in their alternate costumes from the movie. Maybe the ones from the boat scene.

I think SDCC exclusives for this year could just be QS & SW in their alternate costumes from the movie. Maybe the ones from the boat scene.

As long as its not a movie accurate Vision, I will brick myself.

As long as its not a movie accurate Vision, I will brick myself.

As long as it's not comic Ultron, Vision, SW or QS, we're good...

Shut your face. Those would be amazing.

I think he meant if they are not SDCC exclusive, then it'll be okay.

Shut your face. Those would be amazing.

Yeah, definitely talking about them being comic con exclusives. I want to be actually able to get my hands on them :tongue:

In the UK, the Spider-Man jumper poly bag will be available from 18 - 31 May with purchases of over £25

I'm afraid that's old news, I posted about the exact same promotion a week ago :wink: :

Not sure if anybody has noticed this yet, but from the 18th to 31st May, the UK (and presumably Europe) will be seeing the Spider Man Super Jumper polybag as a GWP on purchases over £25 (30 Euros for Europe? Not sure, just guessing). It's in the UK May store calendar here. Of course, the US version of the promo has been known for a while, but only recently it's been indicated it'll be in Europe too so I guess this is news to some :classic:

It seemed to go largely unnoticed though, so it can't hurt to post it again. But, I wish I knew if the June promo in the UK was the Winter Soldier, like in the US. I will be quite annoyed if we get zero promos in June :hmpf_bad:

If we do get a vehicle evidence shows it will most likely be accompanied by a figure we already got or will get. For example:

Batman and Robin, Bilbo in his house, Jek 14, Chopper, Rocket Raccoon (which came out after), Luke Skywalker, and Boba Fett

Odds are a set will be made for SDCC this year :excited:

Are the sets out? The Brick Show put up a building video for the Ant-Man set...

Are the sets out? The Brick Show put up a building video for the Ant-Man set...

So he does have the Gandalf head! What's with the black head that comes with him?

Electro spotted at Toys R Us in Birmingham AL. I think he's a huge improvement over the one from Spidey Trike.

I seriously can't understand why LEGO went with all of these re-used heads for the summer Marvel sets. Suddenly new head designs would make everything over budget? They just didn't feel like it? Paul Rudd having Ezra Bridger's head is fine, not really a problem, but for Michael Douglas who has a goatee in the movie to have Gandalf's head is just wrong. While the minifigures in the Spider-Man sets don't really have to match any source material so the re-used heads could be excused, it makes the minifigs less desirable and special. Side characters and goons I get, but seeing major villains with re-used heads is just a shame.

That said, the Ant-Man set still looks terrific and LEGO knocked it out of the park with the design of the minifigs' suits and helmets, and the idea to build huge LEGO pieces.

I seriously can't understand why LEGO went with all of these re-used heads for the summer Marvel sets. Suddenly new head designs would make everything over budget? They just didn't feel like it? Paul Rudd having Ezra Bridger's head is fine, not really a problem, but for Michael Douglas who has a goatee in the movie to have Gandalf's head is just wrong. While the minifigures in the Spider-Man sets don't really have to match any source material so the re-used heads could be excused, it makes the minifigs less desirable and special. Side characters and goons I get, but seeing major villains with re-used heads is just a shame.

That said, the Ant-Man set still looks terrific and LEGO knocked it out of the park with the design of the minifigs' suits and helmets, and the idea to build huge LEGO pieces.

I feel the same way about the helmetless Cap. I have a modified Han Solo head that I have been using (while still debating on the hair color).

Just ordered an electro on eBay it was so expensive to get one posted to aus it cost me $36

They've butchered Hank Pym in that set, they didn't even print a beard or reuse a bearded head, thats plain laziness, thats how they treat one if the first Superheroes chronologically in the MCU, after Captain America, abysmal!

They've butchered Hank Pym in that set, they didn't even print a beard or reuse a bearded head, thats plain laziness, thats how they treat one if the first Superheroes chronologically in the MCU, after Captain America, abysmal!

Are we certain they don't intend to replace those heads with better ones at the official release? I'd say there budget for Ant-Man is a little lower, though, with how little excitement there is for it.

I'm really hoping for a cap with helmet for next year. I'd be really disappointed if they don't do it.