CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Would anyone recommend getting the Helicarrier set.

As others have said, if you're big into minifigures, your money might be better spent elsewhere, but I'm personally much more concerned with an impressive build, so I say go for it. Full disclosure: I have one but have yet to find the time to build it (or break down the sets currently on my top shelf to make room for it), so my opinion of it is mostly based on my brief time spent handling the one my friend built. But I still think it's well worth the money for any fan of Marvel and LEGO and makes for a really stunning display piece.

Would anyone recommend getting the Helicarrier set.

Most assuredly, yes! loving mine. Great display piece and a really fun build... I built mine over a 6 day span, spending an hour or two each day no rushing at all. I later ordered the power functions, got them today and added them... I have to say they are underwhelming but given that the only cost about $25 and the set itself is 350 they can be a fun option for some if you like that sort of thing,

Thanks for everyone's replies, it looks like a fantastic set which I'm definitely going to purchase soon.

Has anyone done a calculation as to what the lowest dollar amount it would cost to acquire all of the Age of Ultron minifigs (i.e. through a combination of purchasing sets and BrickLink-ing exclusives for sets like the Helicarrier)?

Okay Let's do this. Going by the cheapest current price on Bricklink for figures.

Ultron Drone Officer $2.30 USD

Ultron Sentry $1.95 USD

Ultron Mark 1 $11.93 USD

Ultron Prime $5.78 USD

Ultimate Ultron $14.86 USD

Hydra Henchman $3.37 USD

Baron Von Strucker $7.87 USD

Iron Legion $8.68 USD

Quicksilver $19.98 USD :0

Scarlet Witch $5.00 USD

Vision $12.98 USD

Captain America $7.80 USD

Mark 45 $4.98 USD

Mark 43 $4.75 USD

Hulk $7.99 USD

Thor $4.59 USD

Hawkeye $6.60 USD

Maria Hill $33.39 USD

Nick Fury $46.99 USD

Got scarlet Witch for 4,65 here.

and Ultimate Ultron for 10,70

(Didn't buy em)

Edited by kevkipo

So in short. Quicksilver ($20), Strucker ($8), Captain ($8), Hulk ($8) and The Hydra Henchman ($3.50) are $47.50 on bricklink, so the Fortress is $2.50 (plus applicable fees and taxes) extra if you buy it in store.

So in short. Quicksilver ($20), Strucker ($8), Captain ($8), Hulk ($8) and The Hydra Henchman ($3.50) are $47.50 on bricklink, so the Fortress is $2.50 (plus applicable fees and taxes) extra if you buy it in store.

All things considered it wouldn't be a bad idea to get to set. The fortress and the tank may not be superb builds but I think they may be worth the price difference. In the worst case, if you really can't stand them, you get some bricks for MOCs :classic:

The Hydra Fortress looks kinda cool if you put it with that Doc Ock lab set from 2012 and also with the trees from the mirkwood spiders set!

Well. The number of official Vision Pictures escalated quickly.

That being said, the face representation in Lego is very accurate (minus the blue gem) but his body in Lego is too light of a green shade. Although the Lego Vision looks very accurate to the real thing.

Well. The number of official Vision Pictures escalated quickly.

That being said, the face representation in Lego is very accurate (minus the blue gem) but his body in Lego is too light of a green shade. Although the Lego Vision looks very accurate to the real thing.

Thanks for doing those calculations.

Yeah, I wish the official fig had the two-tone green print on the head and I don't understand why they went with the blue diamond on the head when it's clearly yellow in the film and comic versions.

Edited by agoodfella77

This might be explained in the movie...so let's wait and see!

Yes, there could be a twist in the film that explains this -- but the MARVEL "purist" in me would rather have had the default yellow gem color -- it's clear that they acknowledge this in the latest movie poster... at any rate, it's a rather small gripe in the grand scheme of things...

The darned Winter Soldier figure, while not really an Ultron one, I still want in this wave. It's like $100 sometimes. :/

So what would look best as ultrons legs to make him size accurate. Robot earth maul legs or woody legs?

He should essentially be about 1 figure head higher than a normal lego figure, so judge based on that?

This might be explained in the movie...so let's wait and see!

My head-canon is that its blue when he's controlled by Ultron, similar to the sentry's. Either way, movie will probably explain it.

Brought the Hulkbuster today, and have to say that I like it a lot! Maybe not worth the £30 here in the UK, but good all the less. I didn't quite realise how out of scale the Hulkbuster was, but like it anyway!

Currently in the process of making a custom; Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, Nick Fury, Maria Hill & Vision (Unless I can get him cheap somewhere(Not likely))

Yellowjacket, for comparison purposes with the figure :3

Now that is freaking awesome.

Also, here comes the marketing craze for Ant-Man.

Edited by Quicksilver