Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I kind of agree... It's just the conversation seemed to point towards Lego doing things on purpose... I think each wave tries to bring a mix of new items as well as redesigns of old sets... But I don't think Lego can win... They need to cater for new fans as well as those collecting the theme over time... And a wide range of ages... As well as covering all aspects of their contracts to promote different things.

It would certainly have been easier to keep the design the same and have loads of one type of Stormie but we can't change the fact that for one reason or another they're different.

What do you think about the womp rat? On one hand it leaves room for a better animal in 2015 but on the other it would have been nice to have a womp rat. I know they didn't appear on screen but scince when has that ever stopped lego? I onistly don't know what to think. It's a bit of a mixed bag. So, would you have liked a womp rat or not and is the lack of a new star wars animal a dealbreaker?

After the set was announced I googled womp rats and was surprised that there are two different illustrations. So it's not even clear what it should look like.

I can live without official lego womp rats. I'm not sure if Lego is going to release a new creature. But after Tauntaun, Rancor and Dewback a Bantha is definitely the next 'must be made'.

I'm curious if there will be a rebels TIE Fighter with these ridiculous small wings.

I was actually expecting a womp rat mold like the one seen in the vidio game. If I remember correctly the wampa and the tauntaun in the game were the same as the ones later seen in sets and i was expecting the same thing to happen to the womp rat. Anyway, how the hell are you ment to bullseye a 1x4 rat that has half of its length in its tail. If Luke could hit that while flying down beggers canyan then the death star must have been a piece of cake.

Edited by The-Nexu

I am still holding out hope for Boga......Yes, I know that the Yoda Chronicles are not reliable for hints and future sets, think about this: Lego released the wheelbike this year. KIds buy it, watch the movie, and realize "Hey, where's the lizard?" So then Lego SELLS it, kids buy it to reenact their favorite scene from ROTS, and Lego makes some serious credits.

I think the reason why we didn't get a boga this year was because of the rereleases of the prekell triligy being cansled. Disny cansles the rereleases but lego has almost finished the attack of the clones sets and they have just started makeing the revenge of the sith. They release the aotc sets anyway but rush the rots sets so their release doesn't interfear with rebbles. As they rushed them they didn't have time to complete boga, explaining her appearance in yoda chronicals but her absence in the set. You never know, they might finish the design and it could end up being the 2015 animal. This would also explain the not womp but it is a rat. They didn't want to have to make two star wars animals at the same time. However, the theory that lego will make boga in another set makes scence. They're going to make far more money selling her in a 60 pound set than selling her in a 25 pound set.

Edited by The-Nexu

I think the reason that we didn't get a boga didn't appear this year was because of the rereleases of the prekell triligy being cansled. Disny cansles the rereleases but lego has almost finished the attack of the clones sets and they have just started makeing the revenge of the sith. They release the aotc sets anyway but rush the rots sets so their release doesn't interfear with rebbles. As they rushed them they didn't have time to complete boga, explaining her appearance in yoda chronicals but her absence in the set. You never know, they might finish the design and it could end up being the 2015 animal. This would also explain the not womp but it is a rat. They didn't want to have to make two star wars animals at the same time. However, the theory that lego wil make boga in another set makes scence. They're going to make far more money selling her in a 60 pound set than a 25 pound set.

Please correct your spelling.....

I was under the impression that it was more TPM-3D's lackluster performance and merchandise failure that led to the cancelation of AOTC & ROTS in 3D more than the Disney sale (or maybe it was Disney that came in and said "the numbers weren't what we hoped for when we bought this, so...no more!)... Hasbro practically revisited 1999's TPM merchandise onslaught with all the stuff they pushed for the 3D release. There were some good figures in there, sure, but lots of terrible decisions (packing the same Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan figures on the collector-targeted Vintage cards and on the kid-targeted Saga Legends cards at the exact same time with different accessories, for instance--with hardly a price difference between 'em; pegs were clogged for pretty much a full year with all those bad decisions!). That 3D release pretty much killed my interest in Hasbro's toys, because it became so difficult to find the non-TPM figures I wanted with all of it gumming up the works, and I know I'm not alone in the negative reaction to it...

Given the incredibly heavy onslaught of ROTS sets this year, I doubt the Boga was "cut" from the lineup. All Rebels did was take TCW's place; I doubt it drove out any particular ROTS set. I imagine the only way the Boga was planned but not produced is if they originally had the Wheelbike set slotted at a larger price-point, and cut it so it'd fit into the $25 range so many other ROTS sets hit.

I kind of agree... It's just the conversation seemed to point towards Lego doing things on purpose... I think each wave tries to bring a mix of new items as well as redesigns of old sets... But I don't think Lego can win... They need to cater for new fans as well as those collecting the theme over time... And a wide range of ages... As well as covering all aspects of their contracts to promote different things.

It would certainly have been easier to keep the design the same and have loads of one type of Stormie but we can't change the fact that for one reason or another they're different.

I think it's quite easy. Rebels has a very Mcquarrie look to it and the stormtrooper looks much like his concept art. Disney clearly wants the sets to reflect the look of show. Most likely Disney or TLG could care less one way or the other about army building. It does not reflect the habits of its primary customer and probably makes up an almost insignificant numbers of sales. If people are buying multiples it's more likely to be given as gifts such as party favors or stocking stuffers.

What I cannot understand is how someone can on one hand complain that they have so few storm troopers. While on the other hand complain that the rebel troopers are incompatible with them. Which would amount to how many exactly 4, 5 maybe 6-7? One could buy three sets and in most cases double if not triple the number of troopers they have. Because I'm not sure how stomping ones foot is going to change what TLG is producing. One can either make the best of it or act like a spoiled child.

TLG didn't become the largest toy maker in the world by catering to a demographic that maybe at most makes up 10% of its sales. And don't except that to change any time soon.

Oh look, a grammar nazi... :hmpf_bad:

We are all mature, so we should type as such. That isn't too much to ask for is it?

We are all mature, so we should type as such. That isn't too much to ask for is it?

Are you serious? I know plenty of adults that have trouble spelling. Dyslexia is a real thing you know. I understood his post perfectly.

I like this years BPs They are ment more for Army building then anything else. Sure they have stud shooters for battle play but I think alot of kids dont mind getting Clones and and Storm troopers and making them fight they are just happy to get a Lego set. Also the stud shooters might not work that well with droids. If you want Droids that much bricklink them as has been said.

Also English is not everyones first language so Spelling errors will happen.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

I think it's quite easy. Rebels has a very Mcquarrie look to it and the stormtrooper looks much like his concept art. Disney clearly wants the sets to reflect the look of show.

If they clearly want that, then why is the stormie pretty much the only figure to do so? That is where most of these complaints are coming from; if the entire span of the sets reflected the stylized look of the show as TCW did, most of the complaints would dry up (not all, tho; people would still complain about a pure stormie BP being Rebels-style instead of OT). TCW did its own thing, and that was fine for the most part... but with Rebels, it's only the stormie (and maybe the TIE pilot) that show any 'abnormal' stylization. The Imp Officer has an extra mark on his hat, sure, but his face & uniform still scream "movie-style minifig". There are enough elements in the sets that reflect the show itself, there's no need to have changed the stormies, especially when the ISD stormie is something many want to see in more (affordable!) sets.

Had the ISD Stormie been used in all the Rebels sets containing a stormtrooper, Lego (and Disney) would still sell tons of sets; by stylizing them for no logical reason, they're gonna lose some sales. It may not be a large percentage at all, but it's something... and even if army-builders are an extreme minority, there are undoubtedly some that would've bought several (dozen?) ITT BPs had the ISD stormie been included that may not buy any of the Rebels-style; and those who will buy lots of the Rebels ITT don't really make up for that loss, as the vast majority of them likely would've bought the same number (or more) of the sets with ISD stormies instead.

To be honest, the Rebels stormies make me laugh (out loud, I really did when I first saw them).

I could have gotten over it, if they didn't make me think of this all the time:

garf.gif?w=450

Why? Only TLG can answer that question. But considering that the stormtrooper is on all the rebel set boxes obviously they have a reason. They are very iconic and even non Star Wars fans can identify them. So if one wanted to tie rebels and OT together while reflecting the Mcquarrie style the stormtrooper might be the obvious choice. And frankly I think the rebels trooper is a more accurate trooper when compared to previous OT versions. But I digress as my previous point was more about how one handles such a situations and less about the actual,situation.

Are you serious? I know plenty of adults that have trouble spelling. Dyslexia is a real thing you know. I understood his post perfectly.

Not to mention there are users from all over the globe here.

Not to mention there are users from all over the globe here.

international forums as you are pointing out are full of grammar issues, all languages don't translate well into English (and the other way around). and correct me if I am wrong but the spell check on these forums is in English correct? if that is the case than all users should be notified to spelling mistakes and be given possible words meant to be used. which is why I can understand wrong word usage far before misspelled words. If I am wrong on the spell check I withdraw my criticism as I know this language isn't easy to learn natively let alone as a second or third language.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it so please do not blow it out of proportion

Edited by namioik

I am english, I'm just a lazy speller. I am normally better but I had something elce to do at the time. Anyway, I've fixed it now. Or at least a bit of it. So no need to start arguing.

Anyway, do you reckon that the Gungan in the droid transport could be modded to make captain tarples?

I am english, I'm just a lazy speller. I am normally better but I had something elce to do at the time. Anyway, I've fixed it now. Or at least a bit of it. So no need to start arguing.

Anyway, do you reckon that the Gungan in the droid transport could be modded to make captain tarples?

I'm pretty sure someone said it looked very much like Tarples just wasn't listed by name so you'd probably be fine!

Edited by Robianco

Yet the person who complained about the mistakes makes mistakes himself... pitiful.

Onto other topics... I'm not to fond of the AAT as I was before. I knew it would be small, but this is just super tiny. Does anyone know off the top of their head if the larger dark-blue and gray quarter-circle pieces are available in normal tan? I know they're in dark tan, thanks to Jabba's Palace. Might as well start to moc up a AAT based upon the Clone Wars set as LEGO won't deliver.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it so please do not blow it out of proportion

I know; all you did was correct someone's spelling, and people are attacking you. I don't think it matters if you correct someone, and I don't think it matters if someone has some errors.

This thread has so little to discuss, that we are arguing about someone's spelling! :facepalm:

Yet the person who complained about the mistakes makes mistakes himself... pitiful.

Onto other topics... I'm not to fond of the AAT as I was before. I knew it would be small, but this is just super tiny. Does anyone know off the top of their head if the larger dark-blue and gray quarter-circle pieces are available in normal tan? I know they're in dark tan, thanks to Jabba's Palace. Might as well start to moc up a AAT based upon the Clone Wars set as LEGO won't deliver.

Not according to Bricklink. Dark tan is the closest they have at the moment. I really hope they get around to releasing them in red...I really need those for a project.

I actually like the AAT. Yeah, it's a bit small and all, but I still like the detail they put into it.