Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Lego website just shared new Lego catalog for this Fall... I guess its okay to share pictures of new Star Wars sets...

http://shop.lego.com...633-usfall-base

http://s7d9.scene7.c...-usfall-basepdf

Btw... Pictures don't match to each catalog but still You guys can see Fall one...

What? Lego fried my Youtube account for posting pictures of these sets while posting them in an official catalogue

Lego has truly let the cat out of the bag.

What? Lego fried my Youtube account for posting pictures of these sets while posting them in an official catalogue

Lego has truly let the cat out of the bag.

Yeah, it's a major fail from the TLG side... All the previous leaks were minor and largely outside of the TLG control, but this... Ouch... Disney will not be happy. Hopefully this fail will not have negative consequences on future Disney licenses for Lego...

It's insane that they even thought they could keep it sealed up this long. I mean, this isn't Star Trek. The sets are due out in 8 days.

Edited by rollermonkey

Yeah, it's a major fail from the TLG side... All the previous leaks were minor and largely outside of the TLG control, but this... Ouch... Disney will not be happy. Hopefully this fail will not have negative consequences on future Disney licenses for Lego...

Come on ppl - lego and hasbro are 2 biggest star wars toys profit makers for disney - we are talking here about hundreds of milions €$£¥ that these 2 toymaker bring to disney and as long as they bring all that milions to disney licence is 10000% safe despite this "oh nooo we will have problem with disney licence plz don't share pictures megablocks"....

This is example of good marketing and business strategy:

- they give "leaks" to bring on the hype by 1000% - and whan products hit the streets on force friday duo to hype they will sell like crazy

- tracking the amount of early chat about the products they can test if the product is going to be sucessfull and how much product they need to produce to feed the demand

This is tekstbook marketing...don't be fooled - they know what are they doing.

All this leaks are carefully planed, all this censorship to "stop leaks" is planed - everybody is now pumped on this sets...

I can just say good job lego and hasbro!

Edited by Davor

That was one of my worries, as well. It's one thing with the leaks we were getting before, where people were actually stealing Force Awakens minifigures from the factory and selling them... but the catalogue, as well as the "official" images that we got from the online Swiss retailer is something different. The cat is out of the bag, so to speak. One would think that the embargo would be lifted by now, but it's not...

One thing I will reiterate, and I've been saying this for a long time: all of this could've been prevented if they had just done a pre-emptive reveal at one of the various events that happened over the last few months. Star Wars Celebration, San Diego Comic Con, and D23 Expo. I still do not understand what their reasoning is trying to hide these products from consumers. The idea of surprise does not bode well in the age of the internet.

This is tekstbook marketing...don't be fooled - they know what are they doing.

All this leaks are carefully planed, all this censorship to "stop leaks" is planed - everybody is now pumped on this sets...

In some cases, leaking out products is a valid marketing strategy. It's happened in film marketing, for example.

But honestly... you just seem really paranoid. There is evidence that NONE of this was planned. YouTubers

like SolidBrixStudios have been hit with copyright takedowns on any video pertaining to the leaks.

Users all over the internet have been asked nicely to stop spreading leaks, but some were hit with cease & desist letters.

(The C&D letters were from Hasbro specifically.)

Neither TLG, Hasbro, or Disney wanted this to happen. Their marketing "strategy" appears to be trying to hide the product until September 4th, so that they can "surprise" everyone. I've never seen something so ridiculous. "Yes, I know! We'll expect customers to spend hundreds of dollars at a massive midnight release, but we won't actually show them what the product looks like! And if anyone shares leaked images, they'll be in legal trouble! How could that possibly cause unrest?"

Edited by Nokturn

Thanks for the great review, Jim. I cannot make out the stickers of the dejarik board and hyperdrive units. Are these printed pieces?

Overall, I just compared it to the older model (thanks to Jangbrick's review of 7965 - whom I also think as the best LEGO reviewer out there). Contrarily to my initial thoughts, the improvements are dramatic:

+ the ship's overall shape is flatter and thus more accurate

+ the exterior colour scheme makes it look more interesting and gives more character to this unique transporter

++ the mandibles are incredibly more detailed, and those new slopes leading to the main hull look so much better than in 7965 - not to mention the brick-build ports!

+++ the dejarik board and lounge! Wow, so much better than the 1980s seats - in spite of my dislike of too many stickers

++ hyperdrive units - so much more texture and colour all around!

= the main computer terminal. I actually really, really liked the 7965's, and although the stickered version might be more accurate (plus the seat is great!), the printed bricks provided more texture

= the posterior - I'm really glad the designers stuck with the blue tube!

+ the beds/ resting area - cheese slopes improve the beds, and all the clutter gives this ship more character

+ the cockpit - still not ideal, but the backdrop certainly looks better than before to me

+ the sliding plate for the two figures at the turrets - the flat edge looks better, not yet sure about that red control stick

- the escape pods - I liked the elevated outside better in 7965

Can someone direct me to this review please?

Lego website just shared new Lego catalog for this Fall...

On September 4th they said ? lolroule.gif

fail.gif?f-ed=1

That was one of my worries, as well. It's one thing with the leaks we were getting before, where people were actually stealing Force Awakens minifigures from the factory and selling them... but the catalogue, as well as the "official" images that we got from the online Swiss retailer is something different. The cat is out of the bag, so to speak. One would think that the embargo would be lifted by now, but it's not...

One thing I will reiterate, and I've been saying this for a long time: all of this could've been prevented if they had just done a pre-emptive reveal at one of the various events that happened over the last few months. Star Wars Celebration, San Diego Comic Con, and D23 Expo. I still do not understand what their reasoning is trying to hide these products from consumers. The idea of surprise does not bode well in the age of the internet.

In some cases, leaking out products is a valid marketing strategy. It's happened in film marketing, for example.

But honestly... you just seem really paranoid. There is evidence that NONE of this was planned. YouTubers

like SolidBrixStudios have been hit with copyright takedowns on any video pertaining to the leaks.

Users all over the internet have been asked nicely to stop spreading leaks, but some were hit with cease & desist letters.

(The C&D letters were from Hasbro specifically.)

Neither TLG, Hasbro, or Disney wanted this to happen. Their marketing "strategy" appears to be trying to hide the product until September 4th, so that they can "surprise" everyone. I've never seen something so ridiculous. "Yes, I know! We'll expect customers to spend hundreds of dollars at a massive midnight release, but we won't actually show them what the product looks like! And if anyone shares leaked images, they'll be in legal trouble! How could that possibly cause unrest?"

I agree with this 100%. The best way to stop the leaks is to Oficially unveil them! That's what Lego have been doing all this years at NY Toy Fair. But for some reason Disney didn't allow them to do this year. But now we've seen set pictures and they have NO Spoilers! What's the point of hiding them if they don't spoil the movie? In my opinion that's just bad marketing on Disney side, which harms Lego. I hope they won't be doing this again for ep 8.

now we've seen set pictures and they have NO Spoilers! What's the point of hiding them if they don't spoil the movie?

Best joke of the day... :look:

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-force-awakens-around-the-world-star-wars-fans-invited-to-join-global-event-on-youtube

Evidently this was their marketing strategy all along. This is a fine way to reveal the merchandise, I suppose.

But the question becomes... why didn't they do this a few weeks ago? Where's the hype?

Edited by Nokturn

http://www.comingsoo...s-toys#/slide/1

Evidently this was their marketing strategy. This is a fine way to reveal the merchandise, I suppose.

But the question becomes... why didn't they do this a few weeks ago?

Because they need a perfect time. If they release it too late, little people will find them. A little earlier, people will not have time to think about buying a set. Earlier is the gold zone, people have time to think. Any earlier people will overthink and pass. If i am right (i doubt it :laugh: ) Lego screwed it up. If hey released it a week before force friday, people would buy kahlua's shuttle to see if the wings fold.

This is my opinion, but i still think LEGO did not plan the leaks

so you think sets contain spoilers? If you've seen trailers you know all the characters in the sets. So sets contain no spoilers.

Probably there is some sticker that says something in mandalorian like:

--------MEGA SPOILER ALERT SEE AT YOUR ON RISK------

-------------------RUMOUR THAT MAY BE RIGHT------------------

Kylo ren is solo's son

Edited by Lego Fett

so you think sets contain spoilers? If you've seen trailers you know all the characters in the sets. So sets contain no spoilers.

I consider the trailers as spoilers, and didn't saw them and I don't want to... But since I'm a mod on EB, I have to read all that discussion and see all the leaked pictures. I didn't wanted to know there is a black x-wing, or that a phasma guy is a girl and so on...

I consider the trailers as spoilers, and didn't saw them and I don't want to... But since I'm a mod on EB, I have to read all that discussion and see all the leaked pictures. I didn't wanted to know there is a black x-wing, or that a phasma guy is a girl and so on...

I understand a sentiment of not watching trailers, but they have no spoilers! It's not like if ep5 trailer had "Luke I am your father" in it. Just a bunch of images. So for most people sets have no spoilers, just vehicles with some characters.

I mean absolutely no disrespect by this, but if you consider those things to be spoilers, then you should probably "go dark." so to speak.

I admire your dedication of trying to completely avoid knowing anything, but there's already a ton of information floating around out there.

It's only going to get harder and harder to avoid information about this film, especially during/after September 4th. The internet has no regard

for the things that individuals consider to be spoilers. Whether it be in the YouTube comment section or on a major news site, people will be talking about

this film everywhere as we get closer to December. You'll also hear people talking about it openly in public. I don't deem anyone capable of avoiding all of that.

I don´t think this was made intentionally. Someone did their job like they usually do and wasn´t aware of the embargo & size of the 4th of september. In large corporations it´s hard to do everything right and the same.

Enjoy the catalog while it lasts online.

Enjoy the catalog while it lasts online.

It can be downloaded, much like everything else. Every modern browser that has a .PDF viewer will also have a button to download it.

If the cat wasn't out of the bag before, it certainly is now. While I do respect that Eurobricks still has to stick to the rules of the embargo,

I don't understand why there's STILL an embargo in the first place. It's done. Everyone will see these sets one way or another before

September 4th, and that's a GOOD thing. Even StarWars.com will be revealing the merchandise before the 4th.

It can be downloaded, much like everything else. Every modern browser that has a .PDF viewer will also have a button to download it.

I do understand that, thanks.

If the cat wasn't out of the bag before, it certainly is now. While I do respect that Eurobricks still has to stick to the rules of the embargo,

I don't understand why there's STILL an embargo in the first place. It's done. Everyone will see these sets one way or another before

September 4th, and that's a GOOD thing. Even StarWars.com will be revealing the merchandise before the 4th.

Good or bad, who knows. But there´s no meaning in gloating on accidental leaks that could hurt the relationship between the companies, and in a worst case scenario limit the SW Lego line in the future.

I'm looking at the images of Kylo's shuttle in the catalog and I'm confused. There's an image that shows the motion possibilities of the wings, but there are also two arrows that point outwards. Will this mean the wings DO fold out?

I'm looking at the images of Kylo's shuttle in the catalog and I'm confused. There's an image that shows the motion possibilities of the wings, but there are also two arrows that point outwards. Will this mean the wings DO fold out?

Those arrows can be seen on the back of the box, as well. If you check some of my older posts, I've been an advocate of that theory for awhile.

Glad someone is seeing the same thing that I am. I still hope that the wings fold out, just like in the second teaser.

I understand a sentiment of not watching trailers, but they have no spoilers! It's not like if ep5 trailer had "Luke I am your father" in it. Just a bunch of images. So for most people sets have no spoilers, just vehicles with some characters.

I mean absolutely no disrespect by this, but if you consider those things to be spoilers, then you should probably "go dark." so to speak.

I admire your dedication of trying to completely avoid knowing anything, but there's already a ton of information floating around out there.

It's only going to get harder and harder to avoid information about this film, especially during/after September 4th. The internet has no regard

for the things that individuals consider to be spoilers. Whether it be in the YouTube comment section or on a major news site, people will be talking about

this film everywhere as we get closer to December. You'll also hear people talking about it openly in public. I don't deem anyone capable of avoiding all of that.

And thats the problem of peoples differing opinions. Thats how you see spoilers, but Bob sees spoilers as anything with any information.

But those that see such things as a trailer or any 'information that is easily obtainable out there' is free pickings to talk about regardless of anyone elses take on what a spoiler is. A trailer shows clips from the film so spoils not knowing what a particular character looks like. It spoils the background setting. It spoils that there will be a particular battle in a particular setting.

But to some people, thats not spoilers, so screw those people that do see it, they should bugger off and go cold turkey on technology, even though THIS THREAD may be the only thing that they interact with that has the potential to spoil anything. But its cool because its our fault for understanding spoilers as anything that reveals any images or scenes/names etc.

I mean, you guys have a right to be arrogant and determine who gets to know what because this thread is a picture and rumour thread which will reveal spoilers of certain things (understandably), but that just really means people can talk about anything irrelevant to the title and talk about plots, characters, wish lists and anything else that takes your fancy just because... Well... You want to.

And why not? You people are more important than those that see spoilers as almost any info pertaining to the film outside of Lego related subjects.

Yes. Im out of my cave.

And thats the problem of peoples differing opinions. Thats how you see spoilers, but Bob sees spoilers as anything with any information.

But those that see such things as a trailer or any 'information that is easily obtainable out there' is free pickings to talk about regardless of anyone elses take on what a spoiler is. A trailer shows clips from the film so spoils not knowing what a particular character looks like. It spoils the background setting. It spoils that there will be a particular battle in a particular setting.

But to some people, thats not spoilers, so screw those people that do see it, they should bugger off and go cold turkey on technology, even though THIS THREAD may be the only thing that they interact with that has the potential to spoil anything. But its cool because its our fault for understanding spoilers as anything that reveals any images or scenes/names etc.

I mean, you guys have a right to be arrogant and determine who gets to know what because this thread is a picture and rumour thread which will reveal spoilers of certain things (understandably), but that just really means people can talk about anything irrelevant to the title and talk about plots, characters, wish lists and anything else that takes your fancy just because... Well... You want to.

And why not? You people are more important than those that see spoilers as almost any info pertaining to the film outside of Lego related subjects.

Yes. Im out of my cave.

I don't want to argue about this topic, so I am just going to post what Wikipedia says spoiler is.

A spoiler is an element of a disseminated summary or description of any piece of fiction that reveals any plot elements which threaten to give away important details concerning the turn of events of a dramatic episode. Typically, the details of the conclusion of the plot, including the climax and ending, are especially regarded as spoiler material. It can also be used to refer to any piece of information regarding any part of a given media that a potential consumer would not want to know beforehand. Because enjoyment of fiction depends a great deal upon the suspense of revealing plot details through standard narrative progression, the prior revelation of how things will turn out can "spoil" the enjoyment that some consumers of the narrative would otherwise have experienced.

And to be honest trailers for ep 7 contain no spoilers, unlike that Terminator Genesis trailer that spoiled the whole movie with that plot twist. On this note I finish this argument and hope we can go back to discussing Lego sets.