Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

From Reddit

Start searching! :classic:

The real question is how much did you pay?

I'm not really concerned with trying to grab these sets early. I'm more worried about picking up the older sets I haven't bought yet. I worked retail back when Episode 1 came out. When the sets first came in, I broke the street date and bought some myself. I also grabbed sets out of the back for my friends to buy as well. It didn't seem like such a big deal at the time. I think street dates for toys were a lot less common back then. I remember looking up the sets in the computer and seeing quite a few sales from stores in my region, and thinking obviously it wasn't a big deal to buy them early.

Retailers breaking street dates doesn't bother me so much now, considering the fact that I already have to wait 2 weeks AFTER the street dates for local retailers to finally have stock, I'm numb already haha. And S@H takes 3 weeks to send to me so what's a few extra days. Or weeks.

BB-8 is underwhelming, it is perplexing why Lego decided to leave so much of the body unprinted. Of course the light silver printing gives the illusion that the detail has been faded which does not flatter the model. Sadly, BB-8 may be the worst minifig of the TFA wave.

BB-8 is underwhelming, it is perplexing why Lego decided to leave so much of the body unprinted. Of course the light silver printing gives the illusion that the detail has been faded which does not flatter the model. Sadly, BB-8 may be the worst minifig of the TFA wave.

I think what BB-8 lacks in printing and detail he makes up for with the fact that he's made up of completely new pieces. Sure, new pieces for a release like this is no big deal, but he still is the most unique figure of the wave.

That being said, he looks really odd with the stud on the bottom. Its a shame he'll only look good when actually attached to a lego plate.

I'm getting really curious about the interior of the Falcon. The 2011 version had a great, spacious interior, but it was kinda bland. I really hope we get some stickers to give the interior a bit more 'life'. Does anyone know if there have been any leaks of the Falcon from retailers?

The only thing that stops me from liking it is the stud that so obviously sticks out of the bottom of the ball. I understand the limitation of Lego and not being able to replicate the rolling of the character, but that stud hurts the look of the entire minifigure for me. I feel like they could have made something that at least gave the illusion that it was balancing. Maybe I'll like it better in person...

I think what BB-8 lacks in printing and detail he makes up for with the fact that he's made up of completely new pieces. Sure, new pieces for a release like this is no big deal, but he still is the most unique figure of the wave.

Is he entirely made of new pieces? The bottom looks like the bowl piece from 10243 with a new domed part on top and a new droid head.

Edited by strangely

Is he entirely made of new pieces? The bottom looks like the bowl piece from 10243 with a new domed part on top and a new droid head.

Whatever the body is, it looks like one single piece. Theres no way LEGO could manage that printing looking so smooth across two pieces. I think BB-8 is just two special pieces.

Jeez where's the new back of box pictures they're talking about

Reddit and other sources like Ebay. Check Ebay for force awakens Lego and you will see pics from sellers.

Whatever the body is, it looks like one single piece. Theres no way LEGO could manage that printing looking so smooth across two pieces. I think BB-8 is just two special pieces.

You appear to be correct. That actually makes it worse to me. If they used an existing piece I could almost excuse that stupid stud on the bottom, but knowing it was specifically molded that way makes me question the designers.

You appear to be correct. That actually makes it worse to me. If they used an existing piece I could almost excuse that stupid stud on the bottom, but knowing it was specifically molded that way makes me question the designers.

It needed a way to attach to any stud, and the fact that he's a sphere means that what LEGO did makes the most sense. All bald LEGO minifigures look absurd with the stud on the top, but we don't expect anything different. Why should we with this?

From Reddit

Start searching! :classic:

Could You post back pictures of that lovely sets? :) especially X-Wing set pleeease ;)

Martini26, a link to the back of all boxes has been shared just a few posts prior to yours.

Could You post back pictures of that lovely sets? :) especially X-Wing set pleeease ;)

Look 3 posts before yours.

It is so weird that only lightsaber holding character is Kylo Ren, there is no one to duel him with lightsaber?

It is so weird that only lightsaber holding character is Kylo Ren, there is no one to duel him with lightsaber?

Give Finn a blue lightsaber. That how he appears on the new Drew Struzan poster, holding Anakin/Luke's blade.

Speaking of Kylo Ren, I really REALLY hope that he has a face under his mask rather than the mask printed on a black head to accommodate the hood (which is what I'm afraid they've done given the fact that theres a hood in the set). I also hope this for Captain Phasma, but I'm less concerned with that one.

Edited by Fives

^^

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping the same, in the case of Phasma it depends on whether she removes her Helmet in the Movie.

Give Finn a blue lightsaber. That how he appears on the new Drew Struzan poster, holding Anakin/Luke's blade.

Speaking of Kylo Ren, I really REALLY hope that he has a face under his mask rather than the mask printed on a black head to accommodate the hood (which is what I'm afraid they've done given the fact that theres a hood in the set). I also hope this for Captain Phasma, but I'm less concerned with that one.

I know that, but none of the sets comes with a lightsaber? That's weird. In 1999, when Star Wars sets first came, every single set included a lightsaber, be it blue, red or green.

Seeing that OT Stormtrooper on the Advent Calendar box has got me thinking: could LEGO possibly change their design for the OT Stormie just enough so that they match with the TFA ones? Meaning white hands and printed waists rather than plain black pieces. I wouldn't be surprised, especially with the potential flood of OT Stormies we'll get next year thanks to Rogue One.

Sorry, this is a little off-topic. Just thought it was interesting.

Really ?

Advent calendar

Toy-Fair-2015-LEGO-Star-Wars-026.jpg

sw585 (OT)

sw585.jpg

OT and Advent calendar are the same.

Edited by La Chupacabra