Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

with all the hype that seems to be around Lego reveals and Jango being the "Finale" by the looks of things he had better be the best of the group by a serious margin. if not then lego really screwed up on this event

with all the hype that seems to be around Lego reveals and Jango being the "Finale" by the looks of things he had better be the best of the group by a serious margin. if not then lego really screwed up on this event

Screwed up how? Were we even promised a daily reveal of TFA sets? Lego has already said they'll be revealing the constraction figures at this event.

That said, I would love a surprise reveal of a TFA set. Hopefully we get one tomorrow, the event's not done yet!

New torso and face print. (fat "nose"/less details) The torso print does not follow legos normal ideas of prints. but why would this cartoon not use the current print unless theres a new one coming out soon?

30a8f2o.png

You are more than welcome to your opinion, and it is just that...YOUR opinion. But do not insult/belittle/humiliate/harass other members for their opinions either. If you come across rudely, don't complain when others do it right back to you. THANKS!!!!!!!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa! When did I insult/belittle/humiliate/harass other members exactly? I didn't attack anyone personally. I adressed an issue and was called a kid and a troll just because my opinion seems unpopular. If anyone has the rights to feel offended here, it's me. I also feel bad when people bash the constraction figures, which I really like. So, is it okay to hate on them but not on TFA?

Corydoras, I can understand your point and agree that quite a few of the vehicles that we have seen so far seem to be the same with ust slight modifications.

However I think you are forgetting the fact that there is only a 30 year gap between the events of the Ep6 and Ep 7. it is truly a very short time for vehicles to be updated to totally different models. After all a Star Destroyer is not a Peugeot which you can change every 3 years. Especially when you consider the cost to produce one I dont think whatever army owns them will be in a rush to replace them with brand new models every 10 years or so.

Considering the fact that the war has been going on for 30 years (as the trailers so far suggest) I would have thought that the Treasury of the Imps and Rebels would be in quite a poor state to fund purchasing of new models. Plus some of these vehicles have been tried and tested and proved to be quite successful in war. We all know how effective the x wing is, so why replace it for something else?

You give the example of the iPhone and yet you seem to have completely missed the point that something sucessful doesnt get totally replaced but rather gradually improved. The iPhone is the perfect example. It's not about the outside, it's about what it can do.

So it was expected that quite a lot of the vehicles would be the same with slight modifications. On the other hand Disney needs to keep some links to the old films for the sake of continuity and therefore the fans need to see familiar vehicles/characters. On top of that we have only seen tiny snippets of what's to come so the likelihood of new vehicles being introduced is very high in my opinion.

You've got a point here. However, the changes seem so minor I feel it's just for the sake of aesthetics, not functionality. If both sides of the conflict were really short on money, they shouldn't have done any changes at all. The gap between the prequels and ANH is just 19 years and the progress is amazing, so that's not really a good argument. The white solar panels on TIEs might be justified (new material - more efficient or durable?), but I'd rather see something different this time. Give me the Chiss clawcraft or Predator-class fighter, just rename them, like they did with AT-AR (calling it "AT-DP" and putting it in Rebels), I can't really complain on the LEGO sets despite having no interest in the Disney reboot. At least we could have something fresh, never before seen in the movies, yet familiar-looking at the same time (the "eyeball" cockpit). Sadly, what we'll most likely get is a standard TIE redesigned to look more smexy...

Sure, I may seem bitter, but I still have problems accepting the fact that what brought me back to Star Wars - the original canon EU/Legends universe - is discontinued in favor of shows for children and pointless reboots. For me, episodes VII, VIII and IX will forever be the Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Empire. I really tried to stay as optimistic as the most of you and hype for Episode VII, but there were instances in the past when I was super excited for a movie and analyzed every frame of a trailer only to get extremely disappointed a few months later. Try to understand and respect it.

Okay, I think I've said enough. No more complaints for a while.

Edited by Corydoras

The new troop transporter landing craft ships are great! and they are not an slight update of previous designs.

Hopefully we get that as a set with a handful of troopers in. Makes up for the lack of a battlepack in my book.

New torso and face print. (fat "nose"/less details) The torso print does not follow legos normal ideas of prints. but why would this cartoon not use the current print unless theres a new one coming out soon?

I think there's a rumour about us getting a new Sith Infiltrator if I'm not mistaken.

I think there's a rumour about us getting a new Sith Infiltrator if I'm not mistaken.

I am aware, thats why i posted that. But a new set wouldnt nessecarily mean new maul print. But this trailer apparently hints thatthere will be.

I am aware, thats why i posted that. But a new set wouldnt nessecarily mean new maul print. But this trailer apparently hints thatthere will be.

I think he is overdue a new print though. I mean the last TPM Maul was back in 2011 I think, so it would make sense for a new print.

I don't think that there is much they could do to improve the current Maul minifigure, except perhaps extend his robe down onto his legs like the new Vader and Sidious minifigures. If they do end up using a moulded head like the new Tusken Raider's (as was rumoured here a while ago), I think that it would be a step down as there would be no way to use his hood.

They could always give him a proper double-bladed lightsaber hilt, though.

If both sides of the conflict were really short on money, they shouldn't have done any changes at all. The gap between the prequels and ANH is just 19 years and the progress is amazing, so that's not really a good argument.

Some changes are inevitable as they are part of the companies who produce the vehicles. They have to make some improvements in order to improve the vehicles further and to be able to keep the contracts they have (fend off the threat of competitors).

There may be 19 years between prequels and ANH however that is my point. Those 19 years are the ones when most new vehicles were purchased and invented and that was what drained the Treasury.

The treasury was full at that point because the Galaxy had not seen a war for a thousand years. No one had been making major investments in the war machines industry. So during the prequels was when the most vehicles were invented and purchased. In fact if you notice there arent a lot of major changes in warships during the Original trilogy (compared to the prequels).

And let's not forget that during the prequels there was a lot of other parties (Trade Federation, Banking Union and all that) that contributed toward the variety of the warships.

Believe me, owning every single book/story that was written for the EU, I too was upset when Disney took over and dismissed the EU stories. However I am glad that now a canon has been set and am willing to give the new films a chance. As I've said, a lot of people are judging them based on two teaser trailers (and virtually no other news) that we have got so far. Let's not be like some fanatic original trilogy fans whom hate everything else. If it was left to them we would not have had anything SW at all apart from the 3 films.

Screwed up how? Were we even promised a daily reveal of TFA sets? Lego has already said they'll be revealing the constraction figures at this event.

That said, I would love a surprise reveal of a TFA set. Hopefully we get one tomorrow, the event's not done yet!

the screw up is only really in the reveals, a good multi day reveal should have day one be strong get people talking and excited for the next days, then some lower level sets in between, and finish with the most anticipated set you are going to show. *IF* you finish on a crappy set or one no one wants even if its good then you risk people at future events only being interested in the first day events and attendance falls off dramatically for the final day. That said i am now realizing lego could reveal a brown turd call it anything and the booth would still be packed with people because Lego....

Hey guys, so I was at Star Wars celebration and took some pics. I don't think I've seen any good picks of the new Vader with his helmet off, so I took one for you guys.

IMG_0485.jpg

Also snapped a couple pics of the green speeder (I think a lot of people are anticipating it). Not sure if my pics will help answer any concerns that some people may have about the set that prior pics did not reveal, so here are those.

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

I also have to say that the new Shuttle is quite big. I don't think that any of the pics/footage do it justice. With regards to Endor Leia, I always thought that her torso had a greenish/olive hue to it (based on the pics I have seen of the shuttle). It's actually a tan torso. I have pics if interested.

Not a fan of the green speeder at all, though. Oh, and the contraction figures looked great.

EDIT: I just noticed I had this pic as well. For anyone interested in a size comparison of the naboo fighter and green speeder :P

IMG_0487.jpg

Hmm, just noticed it comes with a set of stairs to enter the vehicle. Nice.

Edited by Something_Awesome

Are there any sets to purchase at the Fan Convention in Anaheim? My cousin said he would be there on Sunday. What would you guys reccommend (exclusives, new sets, etc)?

Only exclusive is the tatooine mini build that is limited to 250 per day. They hand out passes for the set. None of the summer stuff is available. So what's available is the same stuff at the lego store plus the tatooine mini build.

Well then. Now I can make my judgments on the Constraction figures. They all look horrible. The masked characters look best, but they are essentially pieces of armor stuck on a skeleton. If they came with a minifig, I would buy them. Since they don't, I'm gonna stay away from them.

Only exclusive is the tatooine mini build that is limited to 250 per day. They hand out passes for the set. None of the summer stuff is available. So what's available is the same stuff at the lego store plus the tatooine mini build.

Thank you! Do you know if they'll be handing out passes for the Tatooine mini build on Sunday?

Thank you! Do you know if they'll be handing out passes for the Tatooine mini build on Sunday?

I imagine they hand out 250 passes per day as opposed to all of them on Thursday. Its a really small box.