Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Why would you need the proof of purchase number?

The number allows me to find the free download link of the instructions.

Nothing to do with proof of purchase. I had no idea this number could be used for anything other than downloading the instructions.

E.g. The Temple of Arjitsu is another set that is for sale for a while bit still no digital instructions online. Knowing the number on the back of the instructions allowed me to download the pdf so I could see if the set interests me.

I'm afraid you will be disappointed. Sure, no one knows everything about the new Echo Base but TLG. However, there's a strong rumor of a new Echo Base set being released this year and weeks ago, LEGO released a video showing a totally new Echo Base (consisting of multiple segments) with brand new minifigs. Coincidence?

The Echo Base in the video even shows clips holding extra spring missiles. Why would TLG include those in a video if this design isn't the design of an upcoming set they want to promote.

I'm still curious about the minifigs. The video only shows a bunch of generic rebels/pilots, some snow troopers, Toryn Farr, the R2 droid, the white protocol droid, a redesigned Hoth Luke and a Hoth Han who looks like the 2013 promo fig. No Leia, Chewy, R2, 3PO or other iconic characters. I don't think the Echo Base set will include Han, since preliminary images confirm Hoth Han will be in the 2016 Hoth Attack set (source: 2016 rumor thread). Can't wait to get some official info.

This is exactly how I feel and am already put off of the most expected (for me) set in 2015. I was really hoping for an Ewok VIllage sort of set with door and full inside. Ion canon and shield generator would then be perfect separate sets to go with the base, something similar to ROTJ line of sets few years back. But sadly, TLG keeps to the traditional, narrow-minded commercial logic ("it has to have battle elements"), which is sad but not unexpected... If we get what is shown in the video, I must say I'll pass, already have 3/4 of the things shown.

This is exactly how I feel and am already put off of the most expected (for me) set in 2015. I was really hoping for an Ewok VIllage sort of set with door and full inside. Ion canon and shield generator would then be perfect separate sets to go with the base, something similar to ROTJ line of sets few years back. But sadly, TLG keeps to the traditional, narrow-minded commercial logic ("it has to have battle elements"), which is sad but not unexpected... If we get what is shown in the video, I must say I'll pass, already have 3/4 of the things shown.

Whilst I agree with your thoughts, I know I will still buy this set (if it is actually released) because its Hoth, and hopefully will have some new characters. I am hoping it has just been delayed and we will still see something this year, even if it isn't what most AFOLs are waiting for....

I guess it's up to me to disagree then. :laugh:

I don't think it's the UCS set we saw in that video, because:

1) LEGO knows better than to slip up and accidentally reveal a UCS set in such a video.

2) What was shown in the video did not look very UCS like. The builds are not substantial enough (and I'm not talking about piece count, there are plenty of pieces in the video).

I also think the set will stand on it's own character wise, meaning all the key characters will be there - Luke, Han, Leia, along with some generic troops and hopefully some more obscure characters.

I guess it's up to me to disagree then. :laugh:

I don't think it's the UCS set we saw in that video, because:

1) LEGO knows better than to slip up and accidentally reveal a UCS set in such a video.

What if it wasn't a "slip up". All we know for sure is that the set is eventually coming. But you're right, the builds may not even be from the Hoth set (which I highly doubt due to the spring loaded missiles and the way the builds look).

I've already mentioned this somewhere earlier in the thread (which may have been a couple months ago)...

I read from a source that many considered to be reliable that the rumored UCS Hoth set was just more of a code to reference what the set was going to really be. The source said it was going to be a UCS AT-AT. Now many of you think that such a set is unfeasible because it would be too big of a vehicle to make, but we have heard from many sources (including lego employees) that something VERY BIG is coming this winter. Don't think of a UCS AT-AT some vehicle that is "too big" for TLG to make. Think of it as a base (like the death star), but with four legs. TLG could easily pitch it as a vehicle/playset/base with A LOT of interior and exterior play features. The only difference would be that this "base" would be standing on four legs (though they would be big legs).

Dunno guys. We will have to wait and see. I really don't want to convolute what this big set could be, but I do think there is at least a very slim chance that this "big set" is the AT-AT, especially considering that there WILL be an AT-AT in the new trilogy (and it will look even better thanks to today's technology in film).

Edited by Something_Awesome

Id take a location over a vehicle. The vehicle sets to me are plain boring. Got the Ewok Village and I love it.

<p>

I've already mentioned this somewhere earlier in the thread (which may have been a couple months ago)...

I read from a source that many considered to be reliable that the rumored UCS Hoth set was just more of a code to reference what the set was going to really be. The source said it was going to be a UCS AT-AT. Now many of you think that such a set is unfeasible because it would be too big of a vehicle to make, but we have heard from many sources (including lego employees) that something VERY BIG is coming this winter. Don't think of a UCS AT-AT some vehicle that is "too big" for TLG to make. Think of it as a base (like the death star), but with four legs. TLG could easily pitch it as a vehicle/playset/base with A LOT of interior and exterior play features. The only difference would be that this "base" would be standing on four legs (though they would be big legs).

Dunno guys. We will have to wait and see. I really don't want to convolute what this big set could be, but I do think there is at least a very slim chance that this "big set" is the AT-AT, especially considering that there WILL be an AT-AT in the new trilogy (and it will look even better thanks to today's technology in film).

Oh, I have heard of that Something_Awesome, that's a rumor that has been flying around for quite some time and I have even commented on that I believe, but I thought that it was put to rest once this store catalogue was published. And the store catologue, as we all know has a pretty 9 out of 9 correct "guesses" so far and it clearly announced Hoth Echo Base as October release.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'd p** my pants if it was indeed an UCS AT-AT, that set tops my most desired Lego sets list (beating even MF or ISD re-release) and I believe I'd buy two or even three of these. That's a set I'd literally break a bank for. But knowing TLG and seeing its recent trends, nah, I think video is what we'll get. They'll cram a hell lot of minifigs and bump piece count and then advertise it as "Ultimate" playset...

EDIT: Stupid editor just swallowed half of my post, I wanted to edit it for grammar and boom, had to retype it all over again :angry:

Edited by Spyderlord

Id take a location over a vehicle. The vehicle sets to me are plain boring. Got the Ewok Village and I love it.

I'm with you there, although sometimes I like a big vehicle if it acts a bit like a location. For example, for me the sand crawler or first order transports act as scenery (if you know what I mean) as much as they are vehicles. That said, I love a location set - the final duel was my favourite, most mod'ed (and most ’played with'!) set this year!

What if:

Hoth Echo Base is indeed an Ewok Village type playset, and the UCS is separate (which has been whispered), and turned out to be an AT-AT much bigger than the system one, but smaller than Cavegod's amazing beast?

I don't think they could make more AFOL happy than with that one-two combo.

(OK, a $500 Cloud City the size of the Death Star would probably be just as popular with AFOLs.)

Best part (to me) would be that all these Rebel Snowspeeders would finally have a properly scaled opponent. :)

Edited by rollermonkey

Couldn't that rumored "very big set this winter" be the Death Star just2good told us is coming??

Edited by Kondor21

The "very big set" is definitely not a $250 Hoth Echo Base. Do we know the big set is a SW set? The Ghostbusters set certainly sounds big at 4600+ parts...

The "very big set" is definitely not a $250 Hoth Echo Base. Do we know the big set is a SW set? The Ghostbusters set certainly sounds big at 4600+ parts...

It's shown on the Brickset website as a Star Wars set (link) so I think so :classic:

Hi guys. I'm new on this forum and I would like to post some news about the rumored 75098 Hoth Echo Base but I'm not allowed to post a link to our LEGO website, due to advertising, where you can read the news. How can I post this news here without getting trouble with the admins?

Maybe just describe it?

Instead of leaked images and links to embargoed content - I don't think there is harm to come from descriptions, right?

Edited by darththeling

Hi guys. I'm new on this forum and I would like to post some news about the rumored 75098 Hoth Echo Base but I'm not allowed to post a link to our LEGO website, due to advertising, where you can read the news. How can I post this news here without getting trouble with the admins?

Hi Brickthusiast, and welcome to Eurobricks!

Providing that you comply with the general site guidelines (link) you're welcome to add any details you know about the set in this thread. As you're probably aware, we don't allow anyone to advertise until they have reached 100 posts, and you won't be able to use the PM system until you've made 10 posts.

The number allows me to find the free download link of the instructions.

Nothing to do with proof of purchase. I had no idea this number could be used for anything other than downloading the instructions.

E.g. The Temple of Arjitsu is another set that is for sale for a while bit still no digital instructions online. Knowing the number on the back of the instructions allowed me to download the pdf so I could see if the set interests me.

I bet the reason that this is not up on the site proper [the Falcon] is that there are two mistakes in it. Though presumably it would be easy to edit the online version.

Edited by BJM

Don't worry Brickthusiast, those who want the info should be clever enough to click on your profile.

EDIT: Waste of a click and a translation. The whole thing is already in this thread.

Edited by pcsguy88

Don't worry Brickthusiast, those who want the info should be clever enough to click on your profile.

EDIT: Waste of a click and a translation. The whole thing is already in this thread.

I couldn't find this news here on the forum though? Maybe I missed it.

Edited by Brickthusiast

I didn't know either :P Does anyone remember when (or if) we first saw pics of the ewok village before its release? Sorry if this has already come up ive not been on eurobricks for a few months- should we have started to see pics of this ucs hoth by now if it is indeed to come out in October, or are ucs's more secretive up to their release? Even if it isn't to be echo base this 'very big' ucs should have made itself known by now surely in some way?

Also is this thread for all lego things 2015 star wars or just what is still to come out in the year? Been looking for a thread for the new TFA sets and noticed this one has been focused on the hoth ucs (not that I'm complaining :) be great if it were an ewok village style set).

Anyway, what I wanted to share with you is that there's a retailer that has the set listed on their webshop and I'm not shure if this is already been posted in this thread?

I couldn't find this news here on the forum though? Maybe I missed it.

Sorry, for some reason I thought you were posting news from the catalog. My bad for misunderstanding. I must be a bit too eager to see images of this phantom set. Props to Lego for keeping it locked down.