Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Interesting images; thanks for sharing 'geobrush'!

Whos the minifigure in the gray hood supposed to be?

Also, that minifigure with the weird helmet (It'll grow on me) looks quite interesting as well!

I was merely asking for a little more confidence in your favorite LEGO theme's designers - something that often seems to be in low supply on these forums.

LEGO have an almost impossible task with that, and I do sympathise. I think that it's partly due to the wide spectrum of SW fans that it has, ranging from little kids to, well, those like me who were around when the OT were being released for the first time! To be honest, there's been a few bad sets in the last couple of years, but also some excellent ones (including the UCS Imperial Shuttle, Slave 1, Sandcrawler, SSD, Anakin & Sebulba's Podracers, Mos Eisley & Ewok Village) and I suppose it's impossible to please everyone all of the time :classic:

For all I said or didn't say, you may still have to stuff the big walking carpet into the cockpit sideways ... ;)

I'm not sure that Chewie would be happy with that suggestion, but the idea made my day! :laugh:

The black trooper is dreadful - the helmet mould doesn't fit and the designers seem to have just forgotten about the printing!

In respect of the flame troopers, it's interesting how TFA has gone back to the all white troops, makes a change from the rainbow warriors of the Clone Wars TV show.

That black helmet on that fig is.. Interesting... Not sure how they can see out of it or the function of it looking so whacky and large.

That black minifig looks pretty hilarious just like that.

It's like a derpy crossover of an imperial gunner and an imperial navy trooper. :snicker:

Could be a VR helmet for all we know.

Love her hair, that kind of accuracy is awesome.

The grey guy looks weird. Makes me think of a color-swapped Tusken for some reason.

Love her hair, that kind of accuracy is awesome.

The grey guy looks weird. Makes me think of a color-swapped Tusken for some reason.

He actually kinda reminds me of the Bando Gora Slaves from Bounty Hunter. Non-canon now, of course.

And I agree regarding Rey's hair; that moulding is incredible.

Edited by Nokturn

I think the one with the weird helmet, I'm guessing is the first order ground crew.

Edited by ChiefPie

Ok, if this is your interpretation :)

I was merely asking for a little more confidence in your favorite LEGO theme's designers - something that often seems to be in low supply on these forums. While I cannot comment on rumors or leaked material in general, I'll be more than happy to share my knowledge on Episode VII model design AFTER the official release.

So, no promises for now! For all I said or didn't say, you may still have to stuff the big walking carpet into the cockpit sideways ... ;)

:grin: I figured that it was a fitting title. Feel free to use it around the office.

I am sure that you can't confirm which sets you have worked on, but we would love to hear from you when the embargo lifts! Could you check back in and give us a little behind the scenes information about the sets on this forum, September 4th? I'm not above begging.... :laugh:

Ah fudgr, Rey has a ponytail on the back. Accurate but not what I wanted.

How come? It looks awesome

Ok, if this is your interpretation :)

I was merely asking for a little more confidence in your favorite LEGO theme's designers - something that often seems to be in low supply on these forums. While I cannot comment on rumors or leaked material in general, I'll be more than happy to share my knowledge on Episode VII model design AFTER the official release.

So, no promises for now! For all I said or didn't say, you may still have to stuff the big walking carpet into the cockpit sideways ... ;)

Thanks for your willingness to share your insider knowledge in advance! I'd be very interested in reading about your challenges and how much or little material you received from Disney to work with. We already speculated about the potential problem of having early concept arts, which were then changed at a later stage (e.g. based on blurry instruction booklet images :blush: , Kylo Ren's shuttle appears to differ from the movie trailer).

I'd also love to read first-hand comments about the Falcon's design overhaul, challenge of the new X-Wing design, and if it's refreshing for the design team to design completely new ships.

Thirdly, if you could give some insight into the minifigure selection process (whether related to Disney and movie spoilers or business considerations), I'm sure many would love to read it!

Finally, assuming you're the designer of the UCS Slave I; that's a fantastic model! :thumbup:

I'm unsure if the question has been asked yet, but is Finn's hair a black version of Fred's from Scooby Doo?

It isn't.

Oh please tell me that black trooper isn't finalized.....the printing is so basic, and that helmet is just ugly.

The guy in the middle looks pretty good though...

Getting a moon dropped on one's head is hardly a good death :tongue:

Tell that to Makuta Teridax....

Edited by LN-01354

Rey's minifigure is phenomenal in how detailed it is :thumbup: Brilliant choices made there

I won't comment on the black figure, as I seriously doubt its finalised.

However, that Unkar Henchman.... :wub: It's face just looks so creepy, yet not intimidating at all. It definitely seems enough to warrant buying the Speeder, at least after a discount.

I definitely need to see Kylo Ren's minifigure now, I really hope he comes with a uniquely moulded hood piece with the mask attached, and a normal minifigure head underneath, perhaps with sith eyes or something. Even though I'll probably wait until the January Wave when another set containing him is released...

How come? It looks awesome

Apparently the front of the hairpiece looks like just2good's own hair

Edited by bungeshea

This new ep 7 minifigures look great! Rey is pretty accurate to her looks in the trailers, and Lego even made new hair peace for her. The Unkar henchman also looks pretty detailed and it seems that he will be a tusken of Jakku. First Order ground crew looks pretty weak. As for new MF and X-Wing they both look really good, but I am not sold on them yet. Sure this 2 sets are only ways to get old Han, Finn, Poe and some other characters, but sets themselves are quite similar to their previous versions. Yes Poe and Finn are very important characters in Ep 7, but they both come in pretty expensive sets that look a lot like old version of those sets. They will probably get released in winter wave sets in January 2016 ( hopefully cheaper). Personally I am interested in 3 sets this wave: First Order troops Transporter( with Captain Phasma), Rey's speeder and First Order Snowspeeder( if it looks different from Rebels Snowspeeder from Ep5.

Also I am pretty concerned about overpricing Ep 7 sets. I understand that Lego made a lot of new molds for Ep 7 sets, but do they justify such prices? 517 piece set for 70$? Really? And it's going to cost even more in Europe. I hope that January 2016 sets are going to get closer to reasonable 10 cents per piece ratio.

Thanks for the minifigure pictures - spectacular! Rey's hair piece is amazing!

Edited by phanstasm

Did anybody else see that business zombie from MF series 14? His hair mold could have been great for Han Solo. Maybe we'll get it in a younger Han Solo sometime in the future.

Do you mean this one?

http://www.hellobricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/LEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-14-71010-Zombie-Businessman.jpg

I have not seen that until you mentioned it. It's tough to tell from this angle, but I'm definitely trying it! Better than trying to mod a Dastan hair, that's for sure!