Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Well, looks like we won't be getting a trailer at SDCC.

Absolutely ridiculous.

D23. :wink:

But, about the set reveal- I think it will be another set, not only that Ultra Build Stormtrooper. Kinda like how last year had two DC reveals- the UCS Tumbler and the Green Lantern set.

I would like to point out that the article says that there will not be any trailer or clips from TFA in FRIDAY's presentation, and that the next trailer won't be until Fall...

That doesn't mean there can't be any non-trailer video on Thursday, Saturday or Sunday...

I don't trust JJ Abrams even a little bit that there is zero potential for a 3rd teaser this week: Teaser ≠ Trailer

Since there's a new winter gear Alliance soldier in the Advent calendar, I'm curious as to which and how many minifigs will be included in the Echo Base set.

I'd love to see Wedge, Wes, Hobbie and Tycho instead of another Luke and Dack, since it will certainly be the last chance to get the Fab Four.

I don't trust JJ Abrams even a little bit that there is zero potential for a 3rd teaser this week: Teaser ≠ Trailer

This. The fact that a rumored description for said third teaser appeared makes this this a high possibility.

In terms of what set will be revealed this week, if not sets, i think we'll see either the Millennium Falcon or the X-Wing.

Edited by ChristopherLee

Since there's a new winter gear Alliance soldier in the Advent calendar, ...

Any news on when the 2015 Advent set is due to be released? Sorry, I missed it if it wasposted earlier or elsewhere.

Sweet! You have to think so. I doubt the interior is included i.e the hanger but the doers, control room, wampa cave, ion canon and canons outside will be.

The fact there are no snow speeders I think is interesting in the movie, it allows the. To highlight the set.

Pretty cool thanks for linking

Few comments I have on the video:

If this set includes most of the things we see in the trailer, it's going to be big. I sadly think all we will get of the base itself will be the entryway presented in the video.

I don't like the shoehorning in of the rapid-fire stud shooter on the radar turrets. It looks terrible. The large ion cannon on that note would be better if it didn't shoehorn the spring missile into it.

Glad we will finally get the shield generator, and it looks like it will have an exploding play feature.

The new speeder bike and e-web turret looks fantastic.

In terms of minifugure selection, it seems we'll be getting a lot of hoth rebels and a new astromech with a transparent head. I'm disappointed that the Leia figure has a ponytail hairpiece instead of what she was using before in 2011.

I think the fact the Rebel Trooper is the calendar version is a good sign. Updated Leia, new Rebel Officer, new K3PO, doors, control room, ion canon, canon towers and Wampa cave... Whether that includes an updated Luke and Han I'm not sure... I couldn't tell if they were new at all.

From the new Hoth video It looks like We might be getting a new k-3po also. If you pause it just right you can see a more detailed torso and leg printing on him.

Sorry I didn't see that someone already mentioned k-3po, lol, anyway if that's the new hoth set then I'm pretty stoked for it!

I hope we get more of the Echo Base itself rather than just the blast doors and that little control room.

On the other hand, I'm really glad they're including the shield generator and the ion cannon, two important parts of the Battle of Hoth we were missing until now.

EDIT: Looking at the video again, ChrisopherLee is right when he says that the stud-shooter and the spring-loaded shooter look pretty terrible on the dish-shaped turret and the ion cannon. Hopefully it won't be too hard to mod the two to remove both shooters.

Edited by Terrasher

Wow! The Echo Base sure looks promising!

Few small things I noticed:

- New Luke (Hoth version) in the Wampa cave, the printing is different from the 2010 version

- Not sure about Han, I'm hoping he's included in the set or I'll have to get last year's polybag

- Happy to see the printing on the Snowtroopers is the same as the 2014 version (only difference seems to be a metallic silver backpack)

- We've only seen one corner of the interior, hoping the other one has the Bacta tank

For now just two minor cons for me:

- Releasing this set so close to the TFA sets is the worst timing for me, my wallet isn't going to like this

- I was hoping this set would include a redesigned AT-ST (last version was released in 2010 or 2011)

Aren't the helmets on those rebel pilots new too?

Yeah it looks like those helmets are new. They kind of look like an updated version of the black and yellow checkered helmet we've got in the past.

Woah, that Hoth set looks absolutely amazing! So happy to finally see the ion canon and the shield generator. Do we know when this new set is being released?

Oh lord... We could get another (redesigned) snowspeeder with this set. Thought I noticed some orange details on the back and I've just paused the video at the right time. The flaps on the wings connect to orange "1X2 plates with sticks". Those plates are dark grey in the 2014 version... That's the only difference I can find for now.

Is that the new Base in the trailer: http://www.lego.com/en-us/starwars

Thanks for the link Tariq j, that looks very promising! :thumbup:

I hope that this is a good indication that the rumored UCS Echo Base is correct; it's been long overdue. 7666 was a good set but too small and 7879 was, well, just awful! My only worry is that if they use a lot of parts on the 'add-ons' which are bound to include a couple of speeder bikes, the Ion cannon and a shield generator, then the actual base could be quite small. Personally I'd be happy to trade them for a decent hangar that's large enough to hold a system-scale Falcon, now that would be good :wub:

No problem guys, as for the base itself, it looks very promising and I look forward to combing it with my AT-AT and snowspeeder.

Nice to see Hoth rebels that are more accurately colored. At this point, I'd like to start amassing armies of the most recent versions of all Imperial and rebel troopers.

Any tips on how to do that effectively? That aside, an update for K-3PO is very welcome at this point, and I'm also glad they've ditched the overdetailed Luke face.

Nice to see Hoth rebels that are more accurately colored. At this point, I'd like to start amassing armies of the most recent versions of all Imperial and rebel troopers.

Any tips on how to do that effectively? That aside, an update for K-3PO is very welcome at this point, and I'm also glad they've ditched the overdetailed Luke face.

The current Snowtroopers have been out for a while (in 75054) so there's quite a few available on Bricklink (link); the 2015 Advent calendar includes a rebel so it should be a good way of obtaining several provided that there aren't the shortages that happened last year!

Yeah it looks like those helmets are new. They kind of look like an updated version of the black and yellow checkered helmet we've got in the past.

Yeah... the print looks like Wes Janson's helmet.