Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I don´t know what to think of this wave...

Maybe it´s worth waiting for the slave 1 to finally get my hands on it :sweet:

The stormtroopers are the worst in my opinion it looks like they are always sad.

A bow TIE fighter? :look:

Haha yeas that's what it will look like. But it would be logical. They stick out much like the rebels stormtroopers.

I'm curious if there will be a rebels TIE Fighter with these ridiculous small wings.

I will give it a greater than 50% chance. The good news is that it should be fairly easy to mod it into a normal TIE as long as the cockpit globe is reasonable.

Edited by AFOLguy1970

I was about to reply but then I saw this:

Certainly agree with you Spyderlord. It is a shame that we won't get the new stormtroopers, and I am saddened to read that while impressed at your ability to hold back buying a set of minifigs that you like because of the lazy build, but that you will miss out on them... almost to the point I'm tempted to buy a set just to send you one airborne trooper so you won't completely miss out on what I think are really good figs :P

I am impressed with the battle packs minifigs though, and I think for the piece count, the ITT has a pretty decent little build that is completely relevant and interactive with the new stormies.

Do you think that it would be possabol to mod the ATDP to make an ATST? The last one that was ever created to minifigure scale was back it 2007 and that one is way too expencive now. So, I am thinking of getting the AtDP with no figs just to make an ATST. Would this work?

Certainly agree with you Spyderlord. It is a shame that we won't get the new stormtroopers, and I am saddened to read that while impressed at your ability to hold back buying a set of minifigs that you like because of the lazy build, but that you will miss out on them... almost to the point I'm tempted to buy a set just to send you one airborne trooper so you won't completely miss out on what I think are really good figs :P

:laugh: Haha, why thank you Fuppylodders, others have suggested me Bricklink but that doesnt solve a thing because one way or another the Iron Bank would have its due :grin:

The only way to "cheat it" is with the Geonosians BPs and I don't care about the color all that much :tongue:

Edited by Spyderlord

The lack of stormtroopers in sets seems systematic. Or could people at LEGO possibly be ignorant of the fact that classic stormies are still in demand?

Remember how long it took for the first one to appear, in a TIE-fighter set. Only one lonely trooper, with another one in black serving as pilot.

To get back on topic, I still don't understand why being smaller than earlier versions is taken to be such a negative thing.

Come on... This AAT is just a little bigger then the microfighter AAT! My old flash speeder is longer than this new AAT.

The AAT is the main battle tank for the Trade Federation and it's so small I need to watch myself so I don't lose it in the palm of my hand...

Edited by Cyberbricker

Come on... This AAT is just a little bigger then the microfighter AAT! My old flash speeder is longer than this new AAT.

The AAT is the main battle tank for the Trade Federation and it's so small I need to watch myself so I don't lose it in the palm of my hand...

The AAT itself wasn't a very big vehicle in the films. This is much more accurate than the previous monster. It wasn't meant to be intimidating by itself like a AT-AT, it was meant to be intimidating with its numbers, remember how many AATs were at the Battle of Naboo?

The AAT's size is fine, it's actually pretty close to the movie scale. You guys are just used to the last AAT, that thing was ginormous!

Exactly! Just because the last one was at least double the size it should have been, doesn't make this new one a bad version. I didn't want the last one because of how BIG it was, but I'm very excited for this one since it looks much more accurate.

Do you think that it would be possabol to mod the ATDP to make an ATST? The last one that was ever created to minifigure scale was back it 2007 and that one is way too expencive now. So, I am thinking of getting the AtDP with no figs just to make an ATST. Would this work?

I think it would definitely be a good starting point. You would certainly need additional pieces from your own collection but I don't see why it wouldn't make for a good foundation.

The last AAT was indeed to big, but this one is really to small. The first version was the best scale! :sadnew:

Have you seen my post were I build all the AAT in LDD, you can hardly see the new one... :thumbdown:

I agree Phil, the last one was way too big, and I like the tan colour more than the dark blue.

The last AAT was indeed to big, but this one is really to small. The first version was the best scale! :sadnew:

Have you seen my post were I build all the AAT in LDD, you can hardly see the new one... :thumbdown:

Yes I saw that, I think that the middle AAT has a too long "butt". Probably due to the bigger parts back then. I stand by my opinion, the new one is the best scaled one so far. I do wish that they had gotten some stickers to put on the front disks, it looks kinda naked without the launch tubes.

What stickers would you use as lawnch tubes? The ones in the set from 2000 were printed so does anyone know of a set that has a sticker that looks like a lawnch tube?

What stickers would you use as lawnch tubes? The ones in the set from 2000 were printed so does anyone know of a set that has a sticker that looks like a lawnch tube?

the 2009 AAT has clear launch tube stickers.

Yes I saw that, I think that the middle AAT has a too long "butt". Probably due to the bigger parts back then. I stand by my opinion, the new one is the best scaled one so far. I do wish that they had gotten some stickers to put on the front disks, it looks kinda naked without the launch tubes.

Agreed, the 2000 version's rear overhang was way too long as far as accuracy to the movie goes. The new one much better resembles the shape of the AAT.

The original version was an awesome set considering its from 2000, but it was still way too long to be accurate.

I did see the comparison, and it was a bit startling, but thats mostly just looking down at it, in which the original was too long anyway, as I just commented.

I don't know if there's any LEGO-specific stickers, but even just simple black circle stickers would do the trick.

Size is ok. But the base is to high and makes it look "cute". The small flat ufo pieces would have been a better choice.

Here's an interesting comparison. I'd say the biggest flaw with the new one is the shape of the front semi-circle, what people have been calling "chubby".

15495188901_a689c20816_z.jpg

Wow, I needed that comparison. This just solidifies my opinion that this new AAT is the worst version we've gotten yet. If only they'd made it as big as the blue Clone Wars one.

I'm always a little pleased when there are Star Wars sets I don't want. Easier on my wallet, and I'm less bummed if I never have it in my collection.

The whole reason why the front is so weird is probably because they wanted the shooters to resemble the launch tubes. Not the best choice in my opinion.

Still, doesn't look too bad...

I'm not really bothered by it's size, but the semi circle should be more flat. But even that doesn't get to me that much. I'm thinking extend the "arms" a bit, put a rounded peice on the top Gunners seat like the one on the front, and make some launch tubes somehow.

You have to admit that we at least get something other than srar fighters and speeder bikes for 30 bucks. That's nice.

The AAT's size is fine, it's actually pretty close to the movie scale. You guys are just used to the last AAT, that thing was ginormous!

My main issue with the size is that it loses a lot of the sleekness and detail of the 2009 model. That AAT might have been oversized but it captured the look of the vehicle perfectly.

If you're planning on getting the 2009 aats stickers to put on next years aat be warned that they can get quite expencive. To me 12 pounds is way to much to pay and thats the cheepist in the UK on bricklink. However, I think that they are slightly cheeper in the US.

I guess more stormtrooper battle packs for me and my son Since I see not to many people like them. I have no problem with them, and will be getting multiple of that battle pack. I only have 10 regular stormtroopers anyway so it's not like I have a massive army i would need these Rebels stormtroopers to fit into.