Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

EDIT: yikes, no idea how my message got so malformed and truncated... trying to salvage it below

By next summer there should be at least a couple teasers and a full preview, likely enough known to populate a few sets pre-release... the situations may not be entirely accurate because SPOILERS!, but lots of sets we get don't exactly spell out entire stories... the Droid Tri-Fighter has Chancellor Palpatine despite being a droid ship not meant for living passengers & not at all the Invisible Hand, the Vulture Droid has a Neimoidian Warrior who we only saw on Mustafar (where no Vultures seemed to be)... I kinda expect an Episode VII presence akin to Rebels in this summer's wave, a couple sets. The Falcon might be premature, but there are new-style (old Z-95-style) X-wings galore to choose from, and whatever other neat things we might see in the previews... throw in a handful of characters, and it's something--not enough to puzzle out the entire story & potentially "ruin" Abrams' Mystery Box of the film, but enough to whet our appetites and have some VII builds ready to go when Winter 2016 (or Late Fall 2015 in December) delivers even more VII sets.

Edited by Venkefedo

Well, suppose you guys are right. The only way TLG would then cash on the hype is by releasing some Ep. VII sets in summer wave. What you guys fail to understand is that a company, whatever company, is not adapting its Operations dpt and production line to a product. However hyped the product may be. So, there will be no wave in October, November, of that you can be sure. If they release Ep. VII in August/September they would be missing on potential other sales (what kid is going to REALLY want the Ghost when they don't know wth it is?? Same goes for obscure Z95/ X-wing hybrids 4 months ahead of the story).

On the other hand if they release Bespin, Senate-based sets, it's instant recognition = sales.

My point is that they will cash in on Ep. VII, bigtime, whenever they release these sets. The hype will make sure you don't need it to be a Christmas present.

Edited by Spyderlord

Spyderlord: I'm not sure I agree with the first part of your analysis- its not really adapting operations significantly to produce sets for release in October/November (they're doing it for the Hobbit as we speak- a property unlikely to get releases next year I would have thought); plus companies adapt their ops all the time (for anything from diversification to new products).

That said, generally I'd agree that it would not be the most profitable option to release unknown Ep VII sets too early, but they've done it for multiple films now and Ep VII is likely to be the most hyped of all so presumably the data tells them it works. Its possible, of course, that good or bad sales of the ghost and phantom might direct their strategy a little.

The premier episode of Rebels is available for streaming on DisneyXD.com now.

The wookiee gunship and AT-DP make brief appearances, the speeder bikes we saw in the preview, the Ghost is shown pretty extensively, including interiors (they have the same chessboard as on the Falcon), TIE fighters, but not the Advanced prototype just yet... Sabine turned out pretty cool, her armor is actually even better than I expected, and yeah, the wookiees look pretty horrible.

Phantom isn't used yet, but we do learn why Ezra has a stromtrooper helmet in that set. Oh, and the troopers actually look pretty good, IMO. The difference between them and OT troopers seems to mostly just be due to the animation style rather than actual conceptual or structural differences.

In all, it actually does make me more interested in the Ghost set, I wasn't expecting that. The ship is cooler than the set pictures make it look, I guess probably because it is a lot bigger than the minifig scale made it seem.

Edited by rollermonkey

Well, suppose you guys are right. The only way TLG would then cash on the hype is by releasing some Ep. VII sets in summer wave. What you guys fail to understand is that a company, whatever company, is not adapting its Operations dpt and production line to a product. However hyped the product may be. So, there will be no wave in October, November, of that you can be sure. If they release Ep. VII in August/September they would be missing on potential other sales (what kid is going to REALLY want the Ghost when they don't know wth it is?? Same goes for obscure Z95/ X-wing hybrids 4 months ahead of the story).

On the other hand if they release Bespin, Senate-based sets, it's instant recognition = sales.

My point is that they will cash in on Ep. VII, bigtime, whenever they release these sets. The hype will make sure you don't need it to be a Christmas present.

That might be true if you make hammers. But in relation to movie releases that is not how it works. You want your product on the shelves when the movie comes out. TLG does this all the time with movie lines and Star Wars will definitely not be an exception.

That might be true if you make hammers. But in relation to movie releases that is not how it works. You want your product on the shelves when the movie comes out. TLG does this all the time with movie lines and Star Wars will definitely not be an exception.

Well, I never contradicted that. But you can have products on the shelves if you release them on December 18th. This way you still don't hurt the sales of your previous wave, and you don't overhaul your complete Ops (that costs money too...)

Anyway, not to perpetuate this ad nauseam, let's wait and see, rendez-vous in a year's time... I'll gladly admit I was mistaken if there's an October wave or if half of the summer wave bears on Ep. VII (the latter we'll know in around six months time...).

The premier episode of Rebels is available for streaming on DisneyXD.com now.

In all, it actually does make me more interested in the Ghost set, I wasn't expecting that. The ship is cooler than the set pictures make it look, I guess probably because it is a lot bigger than the minifig scale made it seem.

I saw it today.

When I first saw the Ghost over a year ago (at Celebration Europe during the talk with Filoni) I was instantly interested. I got the set (and the Phantom) in May and they're one of my favorite sets.

Having seen the ship in action I like it even more....even though the set should have been a bit bigger and the inside doesn't look anything like the 'real' version.

So we were playing with the Mos Eisley Cantina set today, and my four year old asked me: "where's the guy who runs the bar?"... Excellent question. The ship has sailed on Wuher, but I am sure hoping some additional cantina patrons will make an appearance. Perhaps with Rebels?

We might see some stealth additions to the Cantina, like the Ithorian Jedi in the Jedi Scout Fighter being pretty much Momaw Nadon in all but name and accessory, and even the astromech in that set filling the tiny R2-B1 hole in our Lego SW minifig collections :laugh:

If Lothal is one of the twelve systems Doc Evazan has a death sentence in, maybe he and his buddy Ponda will appear a scene with that Devaronian the Ghost crew sometimes do jobs for... One that might merit a Lego set (in that the scene goes wrong for the Cantina Duo, resulting in a new death sentence for the bad doctor)

As for Wuher, HJR-Holland made a nice easy one here that should do the trick for now...

Edited by Venkefedo

Watched the first Rebels episode this morning and I thought it was awesome. I couldn't get into the Clone wars as I couldn't get past Asoka saying R-tooey etc plus I'm an OT fan. Rebels is so close to the OT, the music, sound effects and then of course the empire etc.

I don't own a single clone wars set but have both rebels sets and will get most of the ones from the winter wave.

Just watched the pilot episode of Rebels. It seems to be more thought out than the first Clone wars episodes, and the setting is nice. The 2015 AT-DP walker and that stormtrooper battlepack look really good, now hoping we get official pictures soon.

Watched the first Rebels episode this morning and I thought it was awesome. I couldn't get into the Clone wars as I couldn't get past Asoka saying R-tooey etc plus I'm an OT fan. Rebels is so close to the OT, the music, sound effects and then of course the empire etc.

I don't own a single clone wars set but have both rebels sets and will get most of the ones from the winter wave.

I like the OT more, too, but TCW was awesome. Ahsoka's annoying nicknames (R-tooey, Sky-guy) fade pretty quickly. I think they're all gone by Season 3, or at least increasingly rare... even Season 2 didn't have many that I recall.

I just got A New Dawn, so I'm resisting the online premiere until I can finish the book (or next Friday's premiere, whichever comes first). Interesting in the opening chapters, Kanan's hair & beard are said to be black, so TLG's first attempt is canon, from a certain POV :wink:

Itching to see new pics of the sets...

I like the OT more, too, but TCW was awesome. Ahsoka's annoying nicknames (R-tooey, Sky-guy) fade pretty quickly. I think they're all gone by Season 3, or at least increasingly rare... even Season 2 didn't have many that I recall.

I just got A New Dawn, so I'm resisting the online premiere until I can finish the book (or next Friday's premiere, whichever comes first). Interesting in the opening chapters, Kanan's hair & beard are said to be black, so TLG's first attempt is canon, from a certain POV :wink:

Itching to see new pics of the sets...

Been reading the book, almost finished in time for the Australian première on Friday, I like the characters so far, here's hoping it's half as good as the book.

@just2good: When can we expect the final pictures? :classic:

For these, I have about half of them, so much later this week (Thursday/Friday?). Tusken Raiders have a hilarious new head mould, but none for the rat. Also, new moulding for hair on blue hair girl. :wub:

I'm very busy today so I can't stick around and answer questions.

For these, I have about half of them, so much later this week (Thursday/Friday?). Tusken Raiders have a hilarious new head mould, but none for the rat. Also, new moulding for hair on blue hair girl. :wub:

I'm very busy today so I can't stick around and answer questions.

Just take your time and post them when you're able to... or at least when posting them doesn't cause an issue with the person(s) who are enabling you to get hold of the images in the first place.

And also please ignore any of the desperate pleas of people across all threads whose lives seem to depend on seeing images TODAY TODAY TODAY!!!!

@just2good

Do you have the stormtrooper bp? Are they confirm to be 'rebels?'

Edited by irispen

Thanks for being one of the few who understand, Robianco. :classic:

@just2good

Do you have the stormtrooper bp? Are they confirm to be 'rebels?'

They have the blue markings on their helmets, like the one in the Ghost, so yeah Rebels.

Hey just2good how Anakin looks like on the 75087 set??

Don't believe I have seen the pictures for that one. Must be a retail exclusive, but then again I'm missing half the microfighters as well.