Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Regarding Anakins custom starfighter; as far as I know there was a toy named "Anakin Skywalkers modified starfighter"http://gofigureactio...fighter-tcw.jpg for the clone wars toyline, but the starfighter itself never showed up in the series. Is it possible that if it exist in the regular toylines (actionfigures, starships, ...) that it can also exist in LEGO?

That was more a case of Hasbro finding an excuse for re-releasing a mold from the 2003/2004 Clone Wars line, not creating something new aside from packaging.

Re: the Shadowtroopers, if it is indeed Legends, that gives me some hope. It'd be nice to see the occasional Legends-inspired set, despite the ever-present argument of "kids won't understand". Kids won't really care. Plenty of kids confuse Anakin and Luke all the time, or Leia and Padme. If they saw a set with a couple Maul-tattooed minifigs with red sabers fighting some red-and-black-armored Imperial Knights with clear saber blades along with some bounty-hunter-looking dude named Skywalker, they'd still go for it. Kyle Katarn in his ship fighting some stormies with some bulkier Galaxy-Patrol-armored dark-bley stormies? They'd dig that. It's Star Wars!

quote Wesker:That's the custom starfighter from the CW micro series. :classic:

Yes, I know about that, I meant the CGI clone wars series, because a lot of people here allready said, that the microseries, isnt canon anymore.

Edited by Daimar

Well, first on my agenda is the T-16. I want to know how they do the Tuskens, and if it will include a Bantha, or a piece of the homestead instead (with BERU!!!!!!!!). They could do a piece of the garage, or the outside entrance, or just a Bantha with mini-ball joints. No matter what, I'll at least be happy with a Tusken.

Also, what do we think will be the exclusive sets? I am hoping SO MUCH for a set with Boga: mini-ball joints, Commander Cody, and I don't care what else. Throw in some crayons and laundry detergent, I don't care. I want Boga, and I want Cody, and I want it NOW!!

I also hope for the big exclusive to be Amidala's Starship, or the Slave I.

I remember that a while ago on Hoth Bricks someone commented about there be in a new video of Commander Cody and a Boga on starwars.lego.com. When I looked I couldn't find it, maybe TLG removed it. However, that could be a first indication...

The micro series is no longer canon from my understanding. I can't see how this could even sell outside of hard-core fans. And why would they go to this series when they could do things from The Prequels and The Clone Wars that have never been done. Like a USC Jedi Temple done in the style of the Death Star set.

From my understanding, the exclusive retailer sets were the hailfire droid and anakin's starship. That's why hulk_smash never mentioned them, because he didn't see them in the catalogue

I didn't mean retailer exclusive, I mean the big Lego Store exclusive. Like the Sandcrawler.

Like a USC Jedi Temple done in the style of the Death Star set.

Oh, please no. That would be absolutely terrible. The Death Star, to me, was one of the worst sets. It just kept the basic shape of what it tried to recreate, and included mini-builds of big scenes. If anything, it should be done more like Jabba's Palace: one side looks like the exterior, other side features detailed areas, not mini-builds.

Agreed. Lego could have easily made sets based on the micro series between 2003-2005, but now isn't the time to produce the sets. Why? There is no direct audience that watches the show on a day to day basis. My two pennies are that the custom fighter will be based on TCW.

Hey guys, I just found a link to a Lego Star Wars short. In it, you can get several glimpses of Boga, what appears to be some sort of TIE variant, and that guy from Utapau (Forgot his name.....I mean, I definitely never looked it up on Wookieepedia! :grin: ). The "Utapau guy"(wink) can either indicate a Utapau set with Boga, or at the very least give us an idea of how the Inquisitor will be made.

Hey guys, I just found a link to a Lego Star Wars short. In it, you can get several glimpses of Boga, what appears to be some sort of TIE variant, and that guy from Utapau (Forgot his name.....I mean, I definitely never looked it up on Wookieepedia! :grin: ). The "Utapau guy"(wink) can either indicate a Utapau set with Boga, or at the very least give us an idea of how the Inquisitor will be made.

I've watched the video multiple times and can't find it. What short (the link directs me to Behind the Bricks) is it?

Yes, it is behind the bricks. The Utapau Guy appears clearly on screen for 2-3 seconds, and in the same scene, the TIE variant can be seen behind Luke and Leia. Boga appears throughout, but no Cody. :cry_sad:

Whoops! That is only a B-Wing. But look at the beginning, after Luke falls down the sinkhole. The next seen shows the Millenium Falcon being chased by either a TIE Bomber, or a TIE Advanced (Not the Prototype version.)

Edited by LN-01354

Never. Lego has never done anything like that with Star Wars, and really, I would see no purpose in it.

I agree. Had LEGO wanted to make "Star Wars Juniors" they would have already done so by now.

Didn't Juniors only recently start doing licensed sets? While we had Batman and TMNT this year, maybe next year we'll see other licensed represented?

In a way, they already have made Juniors-type sets, in the form of battle packs and the microfighters: cheap, easy builds, and fun looking toys with plenty of play functions.

On another topic, I have found something astonishing in

. In the trailer, we get a 5 second glimpse of Boga, which I knew before, but in the background, I see what appears to be a quick flash of Commander Cody, along with the Utapau Guy. It is either him or one of those pig-alien guys, but either way, I am sure that we will get some sort of Utapau set.

In addition to that, there is one thing that I hadn't noticed before: Chewy and Han come out of a pod like Yoda used to get off of Kashyyyk. Could we be getting a sort of Dagobah set, or an Order 66 set? They could throw in a mish-mash of several scenes: Utapau, Kashyyyk, Felucia, Mygeeto. It is the 10 Year Anniversary of ROTS....

Also, in the actual Yoda Chronicles Episode, there is a scene with the homestead, and young Beru, and young Owen. Could we be getting a homestead, depicted at the end of ROTS?

Last thing: In another video, which I can't find, featured Bossk, Dengar, and 4-LOM, along with the Slave I. Could this be a confirmation for the UCS Slave I? I sure hope so....

Obviously, all of these can't be true, but I would really want at least one to be true. I know that the Yoda Chronicles tends to tease us with glimpses of future sets, but they also throw us off with things that won't neccessarily be made. So, what do we think?

Edited by LN-01354

^The yoda chronicle stuff is very intriguing. In the scene with boga, it looks like the people standing next to utapau guy are more of his kind, not Cody. In the new dark side book, there are few brick built scenes that are very interesting. They have Yoda vs palpatine in the senate building fighting on top of his podium. Could that be a hint at a new set? They also have multiple scenes from cloud city, including the carbon freezing room (more specifically the stairs) and the little area where Luke jumps away from Vader. The builds are actually really nice quality, so could that be a hint? I don't think they would waste time designing these areas just for a book. Maybe cloud city could be an exclusive?

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

^I had no idea about the Cloud City or the Senate Room hints. While I view the first as unlikely, the latter is possible; in the New Yoda Chronicles, Palpatine is conferencing with several senators, and Bail Organa appears later in the same episode. Could be a hint.....

And while I don't think we can get a Cloud City, it would be EPIC! The carbon-freezing scenes is one of my favorites, and all of the weird angles and colors make it hard to MOC.

Can you provide a link to these page photos?

^I had no idea about the Cloud City or the Senate Room hints. While I view the first as unlikely, the latter is possible; in the New Yoda Chronicles, Palpatine is conferencing with several senators, and Bail Organa appears later in the same episode. Could be a hint.....

And while I don't think we can get a Cloud City, it would be EPIC! The carbon-freezing scenes is one of my favorites, and all of the weird angles and colors make it hard to MOC.

Can you provide a link to these page photos?

I think a Cloud City set is almost inevitable... Maybe not in the next wave but I don't think it will be far off... Dagobah and Bespin are the stand out omissions from OT scenes yet to be updated.

Hmmmm....Not quite sure. Some of them just look like cheap little photos that they just threw in, but the Carbon-Freeze Chamber and the Senate Platform look real. Let's just hope....

^Robianco, I agree. Each has only had one set: the Dagobah set had the X-Wing/Hut, and Cloud City only had, well, Cloud City. (Unless you count the Cloud Car). Out of every planet, Bespin and Dagobah are always left out, and TESB sets are always limited to Hoth. I am sick of spaceships; I want a new Cloud City (Maybe done in the style of Jabba's Palace?!)

I agree. Had LEGO wanted to make "Star Wars Juniors" they would have already done so by now.

True, but the "Juniors" theme is fairly new. But on the other hand, with Star Wars being the most popular licences theme, you're right Lego would have definately something by now.

Perhaps the Starfighter could be an EU set. One of Lego's "completly made up" sets. (Tie crawler, Rebel Battle Pack etc.)

Perhaps the Starfighter could be an EU set. One of Lego's "completly made up" sets. (Tie crawler, Rebel Battle Pack etc.)

Actually, the tie crawler wasn't made up by Lego. It's just an obscure vehicle.

TIE Crawler was fake? Good, because it was stupid.*

But i don't think it would be a "Made Up" set; The made up ones never include real, main characters (Jek-14's Fighter had all made up people, as did the one from this year.) So the fact that it contains Anakin makes this impossible.

This set is the most mysterious one out of the entire lineup. Watch it be, like, the same green one from '12. :laugh:

*Oh so it's not fake. Well, it is still stupid. I mean seriously, they but treads on a TIE Fighter!

Edited by LN-01354