Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I bet we can expect a wookie bp too, these new minifigs are outstanding!

Exactly my hope. It seems weird to make two identical Wookie grunts and not take advantage of the opportunity. Plus, there isn't really any other 'army' when Rebels takes place that makes sense.

Do we really know how important Wookiees are in Rebels? I haven't followed the developments too closely, but I haven't something to suggest that they're a major power.

Do we really know how important Wookiees are in Rebels? I haven't followed the developments too closely, but I haven't something to suggest that they're a major power.

They may not be a major power, but who else is other than the Empire? It may not be perfectly accurate, but they could easily say its part of the Kessel scenes.

Boring choice IMO. Still bitter about Clone Wars being cancelled for typical Disney kid stuff, and of course the mandatory PT purge. Too bad George didn't hold onto Star Wars for a few more years.

Oh please. In that world, we'd get three more new editions each of the PT and OT and he'd never get around to the sequel trilogy before he died.

I'm imagining a regular Winter '15 wave and a light Summer '15 wave, both right on time, and followed by a larger than usual Winter '16 wave six weeks early to coincide with the movie release.

They may not be a major power, but who else is other than the Empire? It may not be perfectly accurate, but they could easily say its part of the Kessel scenes.

No, no, I'm not trying to debate the point; I'm asking how much we've seen of Wookiees in the Rebels materials we've seen because I don't actually know. :blush: Mostly I'm wondering because this seems like a strange choice of set to reveal at SDCC.

No, no, I'm not trying to debate the point; I'm asking how much we've seen of Wookiees in the Rebels materials we've seen because I don't actually know. :blush: Mostly I'm wondering because this seems like a strange choice of set to reveal at SDCC.

I would venture to guess that TLG released this set not because of the importance of the Wookies in Rebels but because of where the set falls in the new line-up. I'm thinking this is probably one of the mid-range sets in the line-up, which means we'll see a good smattering of larger and smaller sets around this theme.

Spoiler alert!!

Did I just pick up that Luminara is still alive in Rebels??? Maybe we can finally get an update of her then!! :laugh:

I only have the CW version and I don't like it!! :thumbdown:

Edited by Cyberbricker

Spoiler alert!!

Did I just pick up that Luminara is still alive in Rebels??? Maybe we can finally get an update of her then!! :laugh:

I only have the CW version and I don't like it!! :thumbdown:

You can see her in the latest trailer. She's wearing a very different costume this time around though. If we do get a minifigure of her, we probably won't be able to update the CW figure due to the headgear she's wearing. :sceptic:

insiders have said that there'll be many wookiees in Rebels. In the pilot episode there'll be enslaved wookiees at the spice mines of kessel.

insiders have said that there'll be many wookiees in Rebels. In the pilot episode there'll be enslaved wookiees at the spice mines of kessel.

Interesting. Thanks.

I would venture to guess that TLG released this set not because of the importance of the Wookies in Rebels but because of where the set falls in the new line-up. I'm thinking this is probably one of the mid-range sets in the line-up, which means we'll see a good smattering of larger and smaller sets around this theme.

That's a good point. Last year's AT-AP was also a fairly unknown vehicle, but at the same price point.

Does anyone think that perhaps we'll finally get a Bail Organa fig thanks to this show? he was in the visual guide, so maybe he will appear in a few episodes.

Does anyone think that perhaps we'll finally get a Bail Organa fig thanks to this show? he was in the visual guide, so maybe he will appear in a few episodes.

I sure hope so, he should have been made a minifigure before now. Hopefully he's in some action scenes to warrant his inclusion.

I sure hope so, he should have been made a minifigure before now. Hopefully he's in some action scenes to warrant his inclusion.

Unless they have reason to release a Tantive IV set. That would be really great. Something smaller than the last one, perhaps similar in size to the new Star Destroyer.

I realize that there aren't any sets to discuss at this point other than the Wookiee Gunship (and I'm not directing this at anyone in particular) but can we please keep the pure speculation and wishlists out of this topic? Just because the topic is here doesn't mean you need to post in it — it'll still be here, pinned, when we get our next glimpse of what 2015 might actually bring us. :classic: People read this topic expecting to see rumored sets, and it can be both confusing and misleading to see posts about what you think we might be a good choice for a set or what you want to become a set.

We didn't do so well in this regard with the 2014 rumors topic, so let's try to do better with the fresh start that is this new 2015 rumors topic. Unless you have a plausible source that has told you that something will be a set in 2015, your speculation and hopes belong in Future Star Wars Sets. Okay? Thanks, guys. :classic:

I think it is almost certain that we will see Sabine, Agent Kallus and Inquisitor. Maybe Ezra with (properly) blue coloured hair and some Stormies. When we usually get leaks of retail catalogue?

I actually kind of like the Wookie ship. You can kind of see it's lineage and what brought it about if you have been watching the Clone Wars. It has a very similar feel in some ways to The Halo. Sugi's Bounty Hunter ship from the show, and how it was used on screen. (And not how it came out in lego form), Particularly pay attention to the series of TCW episodes that comprise the "Wookie Hunt" story arc. Asohka some young untrained Padawans, and Chewbaca are trapped on a jungel island. The hunting grounds for Trandosians, who hunt the most (or least in the case of the kids) game. After two episodes of Rambo flashbacks the cavalry arrives. General Tarfal and his men rapelling from the side doors of Sugi's flexible light assault ship.

Now this incident was near the end of the clone wars. Tarful had used precious funds to hire the merceneries to get them to the Trandoshians hunting ground and help stage the assault. The Halo was a small fast ship that operated and hovered well in atmostphere. It had large side doors and drop cables that allowed a wookie force to rapidly deploy and bring the fight to the trandotians. Tarful was the wookie general. He saw how well it worked with the bounty hunters, it makes sense he would try to devise a similar capability locally. Hence the Wookie assault ship.

The set looks like it has some interesting pieces, And those 3 new Wookies. That is the crown jewel.Army building Wookies.

I realize that there aren't any sets to discuss at this point other than the Wookiee Gunship (and I'm not directing this at anyone in particular) but can we please keep the pure speculation and wishlists out of this topic? Just because the topic is here doesn't mean you need to post in it — it'll still be here, pinned, when we get our next glimpse of what 2015 might actually bring us. :classic: People read this topic expecting to see rumored sets, and it can be both confusing and misleading to see posts about what you think we might be a good choice for a set or what you want to become a set.

We didn't do so well in this regard with the 2014 rumors topic, so let's try to do better with the fresh start that is this new 2015 rumors topic. Unless you have a plausible source that has told you that something will be a set in 2015, your speculation and hopes belong in Future Star Wars Sets. Okay? Thanks, guys. :classic:

How about speculation based on rumors of the movies? For example JJA just filmed a charity plea while standing on a new blue colored live sized movie prop of a Ralph McQuarie style X-Wing, in new blue trim. Is it safe to speculate that we will likely see that ship in lego form?

How about speculation based on rumors of the movies? For example JJA just filmed a charity plea while standing on a new blue colored live sized movie prop of a Ralph McQuarie style X-Wing, in new blue trim. Is it safe to speculate that we will likely see that ship in lego form?

No matter what made you think that we'll see something as a set or how obvious or plausible it seems to you, if there isn't a source specifically telling you that it will be a 2015 LEGO set, then it belongs in Future Star Wars Sets.

For example, if a scene from Episode VII is published that shows, say, the Death Star III, and that makes you think we'll see an updated Death Star set, then that belongs in Future Star Wars Sets. On the other hand, if you find an online store that lists, say "75099 Death Star" as a LEGO product, or if you know someone who gets a retailer catalog and says that a new Death Star set is coming, then that would belong here.

Hopefully that makes sense. :blush: I'm not trying to be too strict with this, but if the majority of the conversation is veering off-topic towards concepts of sets for which we don't actually have any evidence of existence, then I do need to intervene to prevent any readers from being misled or from having to dig through all the speculation to find the actual rumors.

Interesting. Thanks.

That's a good point. Last year's AT-AP was also a fairly unknown vehicle, but at the same price point.

I wouldn't expect any larger sets as the AT-AP was the largest of the January 2013 wave, a trend that was followed with the Rancor Pit in 2012 (same price point, comic con reveal etc). Probably not a bad thing after the last wave of large sets though!

Edited by xowainx

Unless they have reason to release a Tantive IV set. That would be really great. Something smaller than the last one, perhaps similar in size to the new Star Destroyer.

You mean 10198? It's already pretty small, to make it any smaller they'd have to ditch the interior spaces. Not sure if you have it but it's a fantastic kit... but a tight squeeze for a little rebel army!

Judging from where Rebels looks to be headed, I imagine they will do Tantive IV again and finally a Bail.

The newest Rebels trailers (SDCC) have quite a few potential sets in them if you freeze frame.