Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Looking at this design, it looks like they would make a bigfig.

And the Goblin King and Cave Troll were fairly upright, so he might have a better posture than the Hulk. I'd infinitely prefer a bigfig or midfig, or even a minifigure, to a brick-built figure like Groot and the Sentinel. I really hope they don't go that route... And yes, I would sacrifice poseability for appearance.

Their bodies are upright, but their heads are still slouched. Hm, Darkseid could break the mold and do something new, or they might model it off of this which might be the route to go. I'm not sure how an upright big fig would look; they might just go with brick-built in that case, and I hope that they don't...

Edit: Darkseid from LB2 can be seen in

video, but I don't think it is a great gauge of how he would look since the design is a bit unfinished. I have made a minifigure Darkseid before, and while it looked fine, I really think it lacked the presence that he should have.

Hmmm to each his own but that design isn't the best darkseid I've ever seen. Personally I thought he was a bit weakly played in Justice League War. I think Michael Ironside's calculating and vocally imposing version looks and sounds far better. Andre Braugher's take was awesome too and he looked the best.

Yeah, that version and pretty much everything about the movie were awful. Most of us are talking about designs and not depictions though. (Though he still didn't look too good in War, but his redesign from the New 52 which it is based on isn't too bad imo.)

Edited by Super Fish Oil

Hmmm to each his own but that design isn't the best darkseid I've ever seen. Personally I thought he was a bit weakly played in Justice League War. I think Michael Ironside's calculating and vocally imposing version looks and sounds far better. Andre Braugher's take was awesome too and he looked the best.

I agree with you there.

JL:War was weak sauce.

Add a helmet to the game version and update the face with red eyes on one side of the head and angry growl and it would look great. Another advantage of minfigure darkseid is double sided face for omega beams and angry or smile. We'll know soon enough as the next wave is based on LB3 and he will most undoubtedly be in the game.

Edited by legofreak86

With a pair of red eyes, that would look just about perfect to me. :thumbup: I wouldn't mind them trying to make him stand upright, giving him a waist pivot like Ultron suggested a while ago, or something else to make him seem a little less Hulk though.

I think that Darkseid might be our Big Fig for the wave, there is nkw waywe are going to get two new ones in one wave.

I would prefer the normal sized Grodd, i hate the accurate animal scaled vesion.

Darkseid (apart from in new 52) is as tall as doctor doom who got a normal minfigure that looks perfect. That big fig just looks ridiculous next to superman. His Fist is the size of supes torso. How could those two even trade blows. Darkseid's arms wouldn't even reach supes.This is like making a big fig out of the kingpin. Unnecessary and limits uses. That's just my spin on the matter. This plus a moulded helmet would look perfect to classic Darkseid http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7060/13985550684_10c885d935.jpg

Edited by legofreak86

@legofreak86 I think making a bigfig out of kingpin is necessary because he's big (and fat) they should just make a new mold for him. But for darkseid,like you said, it's pretty unnecessary. It looks ugly and not like darkseid. If they don't make a new mold for him, they can forget the whole bigfig idea.

Kingpin was a big guy, but completely unnecessary as a big fig. Darkseid may not be great as a big fig (though I have no problem with the idea), but it makes some sense as he's a hulking alien dictator.

This pic shows Darkseid from the New 52 JL book where he is larger than the usual hero.

Kingpin's bigfig in the LEGO Marvel game was pulled off in a way that would work for a physical Darkseid, since he was fairly upright.

Kingpin's bigfig in the LEGO Marvel game was pulled off in a way that would work for a physical Darkseid, since he was fairly upright.

That could just be due to the animation in the game. Lego could try to make more upright big figs, but all of the ones they've made for Marvel, LotR, and Star Wars have been slouched over a bit, so I wouldn't expect them to change that now.

I'm siding with the people who prefer a big fig version of Darkseid :thumbup: He would look much more imposing that way (and he needs to look intimidating, after all he's pretty much the main villain in the DC universe). I hope the videogame design will be revealed soon :sweet:

Whatever happened to Woody-sized figs? It was such a great invention but was never seen after Toy Story.... I'm not sure if it would work for Darkseid though.

I would love to see the planet on top of the building!

but if you have a Daily Planet set you can't have it without Jimmy and some sort of phone booth transformation

You would first have to explain to Legos modern customer base "what is a phone booth?" Start with "like a TArdis only it doesn't go anyplace and it isn't bigger on the inside" and go from there.